09/15/09 [AS2 #69] - The 39 Years

Started by Tapewolf, September 15, 2009, 03:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, I guess we know how long he's been studying there now.

EDIT:
And is she going to prefix every statement with that line now...?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kuari

....I think they're getting bigger...  *can't help but be distracted from the story*

Sprocketsdance

Nice effect with the warp-aci coming through the wing =D 

ChaosMageX

Abel is the minor 39er...

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Seriously, that's a long time to pursue knowledge.  I wonder what he has learned to do in that time.

Also, I didn't know that warp-aci could become intangible and pass through things like that.  That's good to know.

Icon by Sunblink

Starcat5

Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Lego3400

Is it good or bad that the first thing though my mind is "Nice top"

With the second thing being "Can't stop starring"

Tapewolf

Quote from: starcat5 on September 15, 2009, 04:50:23 AM
Oh, $#*+!!!

Actually, $ is 36, not 39.  39 is '.

Anyway, sad though it is, this was going to happen eventually.  Drawback of being less mortal than your parent(s).  Had it been the evil parent who was the mortal, things would have been different, though kind of interesting.

MT Hazard

First thing: It seems may was far tougher than I thought, she's made it to her nineties it seems.

Second thing: Fa'lina.....In that dress.....Woah.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

JackTheCubiWolf

Quote from: Kuari on September 15, 2009, 03:40:17 AM
....I think they're getting bigger...  *can't help but be distracted from the story*

That's what I was thinking.
I'm back, and tired.

Mao

Seriously?  If that's all it takes to distract you I suggest you all get pencils and learn to draw them yourself.  It's quite easy to create a workable pair.  I mean forget the fact that this is likely the build up to a life altering and devastating moment in Abel's life, there are knockers there and they might be bigger than last time!  Don't get me wrong, I like 'em as much as the next guy, but really, prioritize.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on September 15, 2009, 07:04:45 AM
Don't get me wrong, I like 'em as much as the next guy, but really, prioritize.

... Unfortunately, the next guy is me. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lucheek

Oh, good grief. Going to your own mother's funeral after not even sending a post card for almost 40 years? That's going to be awful. D:

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lucheek on September 15, 2009, 07:19:43 AM
Oh, good grief. Going to your own mother's funeral after not even sending a post card for almost 40 years? That's going to be awful. D:

Well, it's not clear if students are able to leave the Academy grounds, and it's even less clear whether it would be safe for young 'Cubi to do so anyway.  Let alone young 'Cubi whom dragons like Hizell want to kill.

Succubus_1982

Lol I love the Warp-Aci's 'YOWZA' expression. Yes those puppies (no pun intended) are definately getting bigger. Then again Falina is getting older and 39 years is a nice long time to grow them in. I wonder if this means by the time she's 3000 or so they'll be on the floor. Oh of course I know Cubi can't physically age (well they could if they wanted to but thats shapeshifting and doesn't count) but still good god woman. Next thing there will be SAIA Playboy with various Cubi pinups and their assets.
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on September 15, 2009, 09:28:35 AM
I wonder if this means by the time she's 3000 or so they'll be on the floor.
If I am not mistaken, Fa'Lina is 9000+ years old.

Succubus_1982

Ah missed the '+' sign on the Demo 101 page. Well alright then, the absolute limit a Cubi can live to, or at least the point where she would be concidered REALLY frickin old.

Corgatha Taldorthar

And they don't seem to be any bigger in the time of the main DMFA comic, which is roughly 400 years or so after Abel's story.
Besides, Fa'Lina is a shape-shifter. She can set her breasts to be any size she wants them, right? It's probably just an effect of the dress.

As for the time lapse, I can't honestly say I'm surprised. We've seen evidence of Abel losing track of time before (or after, depending on how you want to refer to the events in the main DMFA comic) and he seemed pretty determined to repress his thoughts about his family, for obvious reasons.

Plus, if I didn't need to eat or sleep and didn't age, I would also probably lose myself in an institution like SAIA. In fact, presuming I can dodge Oolong's creepy attention, I might just set up shot in the library :p
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on September 15, 2009, 09:49:42 AM
Ah missed the '+' sign on the Demo 101 page. Well alright then, the absolute limit a Cubi can live to, or at least the point where she would be concidered REALLY frickin old.

It's possible that 3000 is their natural span and you need souls for more than that, but it's just conjecture.

Destania is about 7026, but she's had a steady stream of victims from the P&T classes to keep her going.  Tri-winged 'Cubi are immortal, though they can be killed (this takes an awful lot of doing, though).  Word is that Fa'Lina falls into this category, and IIRC there is one living Tri-Wing who is 100'000 years old.

Succubus_1982

Huh........ *goes and has a look at Fa'lina again* Hmm........ one.........two.......... nope I only see two sets of wings. If she has a third its somewhere under her dress  :erk

Mao

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on September 15, 2009, 09:58:11 AM
Huh........ *goes and has a look at Fa'lina again* Hmm........ one.........two.......... nope I only see two sets of wings. If she has a third its somewhere under her dress  :erk

:shapeshifters

It had to be said.  They can hide their wings.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on September 15, 2009, 09:58:11 AM

Or she's hiding them, for reasons known only to herself.

Edit:

Thankyou, Mao.

Succubus_1982

Alright no need to be friggin rude Mao. I know that they're shapeshifters but I figured someone like Fa'lina who's proud of her cubi-heritage (or at least comfortable with it) wouldn't have any NEED to hide them! I mean why hide just one set? Why not hide them all?

bradypodidae

I am under the opinion that Fa'Lina at the least kept tabs on May through her own magic, or through a third party. I would also speculate that Fa'Lina might have actually had some sort of contact with May, keeping May informed of Abel's progress. A Warp Aci could pop in and out pretty much unnoticed. This (as mentioned by someone else) would explain Fa'Lina's knowledge of May's failing health.

It might have been determined by May and Fa'Lina that this correspondence between the two of them should be kept from Abel so as not to distract him, or worse, cause him to try to return home... Now that May is dying, Aniz's threat is a moot point.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Mao

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on September 15, 2009, 10:03:00 AM
Alright no need to be friggin rude Mao. I know that they're shapeshifters but I figured someone like Fa'lina who's proud of her cubi-heritage (or at least comfortable with it) wouldn't have any NEED to hide them! I mean why hide just one set? Why not hide them all?

Sorry if you took that as rude.  That's a fairly common thing to use around here.  However, if you want, I can actually put some effort into it and come up with something suitably ruder for you that will still fit within the rules of the board.  >:3

"I appologize if I offened you personally,
I intended to do it professionally."
--Steve Champeon, on the nanog list

Corgatha Taldorthar

I figured someone like Fa'lina who's proud of her cubi-heritage (or at least comfortable with it) wouldn't have any NEED to hide them! I mean why hide just one set? Why not hide them all?

She's at an institute for 'Cubi. It would be rather out of place to go in "Fake being" mode.

As for a hypothetical set of third wings, either she doesn't have them, or has them and his hiding them. If it's the former, problem is done with, if it's the latter..... It might be something as simple as not wanting to deal with the fact that tri-wings are generally clan founders, and Fa'Lina's clan has been wiped out.

But something occurred to me. Can a normal two wing 'cubi shape-shift and fake a third set of wings? I sincerely doubt becoming a tri-wing is that easy, but it might be useful for bluffing at times.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Succubus_1982

Quote from: Mao Laoren on September 15, 2009, 10:05:43 AM

Sorry if you took that as rude.  That's a fairly common thing to use around here.  However, if you want, I can actually put some effort into it and come up with something suitably ruder for you that will still fit within the rules of the board.  >:3

Whatever man, whatever. If you think I'm an idiot who can't type a decent post join the line theres lots of people who think that about me and I've just about stopped caring at this point. I joined this forum because I wanted to be able to say what I was thinking about the strips but I didn't join to be scoffed at and treated like a moronic little noob because my ideas and concepts don't fit everyone elses.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on September 15, 2009, 10:10:10 AM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on September 15, 2009, 10:05:43 AM

Whatever man, whatever. If you think I'm an idiot who can't type a decent post join the line theres lots of people who think that about me and I've just about stopped caring at this point. I joined this forum because I wanted to be able to say what I was thinking about the strips but I didn't join to be scoffed at and treated like a moronic little noob because my ideas and concepts don't fit everyone elses.

Aaaand I think I'm going to have to step in there.

Succubus, Mao wasn't calling you an idiot; you're putting words in his mouth. Sure, he used the emoticon we have there, but that's a direct quote from the comic itself. And yes, Fa'Lina hides her butt-wings. Why? We don't know. Perhaps she's avoiding being a target. Perhaps she doesn't want to scare the new entrants. We simply don't have enough information to tell.

As for being scoffed at? Welcome to the internet. Everyone gets scoffed at, sooner or later. If your idea has enough body to stand up to the scoffing, then it might be worth paying attention to. When it collapses under it's own weight, then perhaps it wasn't such a good idea in the first place, and maybe, just maybe, you're getting a little bit excessively defensive over it. Calm down a little.

Mao: Don't troll. You know better, and I know that you know better. Don't make me have to come down there and educate you.

In short: Leave each other alone. Or at least take it out of the public area.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on September 15, 2009, 10:05:57 AM
But something occurred to me. Can a normal two wing 'cubi shape-shift and fake a third set of wings? I sincerely doubt becoming a tri-wing is that easy, but it might be useful for bluffing at times.

I'm sure you could fake them if you wanted to, but it would be just that, fake.

Succubus_1982

Fine maybe I am being a little defensive. I just woke up (late I know but I go to bed very late) and I'm cranky and I didn't need this because I've been having similar crud in IM with 'supposed' friends so I was inclined to presume the worst. In the interest of civility I apologise for reading into your comment Mao and will endeavour to properly research all posts before making them in future. My bad....