07/20/09 [DMFA #1023] - Bla Bla Bla

Started by AndersW, July 20, 2009, 01:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

Is that foreshadowing in the fist panel Amber?  You shouldn't taunt your readers like that.

Naldru

I had a weird dream and decided to take a look to see how things were going.  I'll see if somebody else beats me by ten seconds.

But sometimes listening is the being the best friend possible.

Edit:

I have to learn to compose faster.  Somebody not only beat me by two minutes.  They had two views by the time I finished.

By the way, I believe that fighting like brothers has been mentioned before.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Jairus

Heh. Foreshadowing... or throwing us off the scent? And poor Jyrras, losing his notes like that. I wonder if they're still arguing, or they're done arguing by now?

What does Alexsi mean by saying that Destania is avoiding the whole situation? Does she mean that Destania knows that Dan almost got killed but has basically told Alexsi to take care of it? If that's true, what little respect I had for Destania is swiftly dwindling to nothing.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Scuravolpe

Quote from: Jairus on July 20, 2009, 01:35:15 AM
What does Alexsi mean by saying that Destania is avoiding the whole situation? Does she mean that Destania knows that Dan almost got killed but has basically told Alexsi to take care of it? If that's true, what little respect I had for Destania is swiftly dwindling to nothing.

I think it's more that Destania hasn't even poked her head in to check on her son who almost died on the mission she sent him on (though no one but her actually knows it was her yet).

Nobody

I think it has more to do with the fact that Destania told Alexsi that she couldn't come back to Lost Lake just yet; not that she knows about Dan's current condition and simply doesn't care.  Unless they had some contact off screen, the last time that Destania and Alexsi met was during the 'Get Me to the Church' arc, way before this one.  In my opinion, Destania simply doesn't know what happened to Dan; she sent him to Kria's mansion, thinking that he could either stop DP's ressurection or kill him if he was too late(He's done it two times already, it's not that much a stretch to think he could do it again).  In the end, it seems to fall down to her overestimating Dan's abilities; yes, she sent him to the place that nearly go him killed, but she did it with the confidence that he could handle himself.

It's a bit stupid on her part, but not uncaring.

Baal Hadad

Wow, two "rambling on" jokes in a row....

I feel sorry for Alexsi there (which is odd because I didn't feel similarly for Abel)....

SpottedKitty

It's just ocurred to me that, if Jyrras made lots of notes on Abel's lecture, and Fi ate "borrowed" them... Wildy now has them.

Wonder what she'll get up to when she gets back...?   >:3
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Tapewolf

Heh. Foreshadowing... or throwing us off the scent?
Or stirring up trouble among the speculators  >:3

QuoteWhat does Alexsi mean by saying that Destania is avoiding the whole situation? Does she mean that Destania knows that Dan almost got killed but has basically told Alexsi to take care of it? If that's true, what little respect I had for Destania is swiftly dwindling to nothing.
It's probably the whole 'running away and dumping the Inn in Alexsi's lap' business.  Though honestly, spending 6500 years or so teaching people the best way to destroy people's souls or whatever is liable to give you a very weird sense of responsibility.  Either that or she knows exactly what she's doing and it just looks crass to people who don't have the full picture.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Fun fact: Due to the messed up society we live in when people say 'how are you doing?' they don't really want an answer.

For this very reason I tend to answer honestly, people stop asking you after a while. Either that or I answer in a vague and confusing way.

Edit: I also feel it isn't fair to autistic people.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Sofox

Quote from: AndersW on July 20, 2009, 01:25:34 AM
You shouldn't taunt your readers like that.

Yes. I'm sure Amber will take that advice straight to heart.

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: SpottedKitty on July 20, 2009, 03:02:07 AM
It's just ocurred to me that, if Jyrras made lots of notes on Abel's lecture, and Fi ate "borrowed" them... Wildy now has them.

Oh man, I wonder if Wildy uses the notes to summon her own Aci.  God help us...

Cvstos

Ah, the "joys" of working retail! Stupid people coming in with huge transactions three seconds before closing...
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

thegayhare

Yeah but my thoughts are that probably only half of them were lecture notes... the other half were probably hot for teacher love sick doodles ...  J+A in little girly hearts, Mr and Mr Abel Gianna, and plans for there up comming nuptuials... Jy squeak wondering if he can wear white for it, and who should be the best man... If it should be wildy simply because she'd maim them for making her be sometihng girly...

you know the sort of stuff Wildy could use to realy make his life hell sprinkled amidst the notes

Lucheek

Jairus

Quote from: thegayhare on July 20, 2009, 10:07:10 AM

Wonder what she'll get up to when she gets back...?   >:3

Yeah but my thoughts are that probably only half of them were lecture notes... the other half were probably hot for teacher love sick doodles ...  J+A in little girly hearts, Mr and Mr Abel Gianna, and plans for there up comming nuptuials... Jy squeak wondering if he can wear white for it, and who should be the best man... If it should be wildy simply because she'd maim them for making her be sometihng girly...

you know the sort of stuff Wildy could use to realy make his life hell sprinkled amidst the notes
Considering how well she reacted when Abel made that comment to her about her book and how crappy she felt after Jy got angry at her over that, I don't think she'd make his life hell over those notes.

But she would definitely tease him over them.

"'Oh, Abel, I want to fly you away to Hawaii to a private love island for two...'"
"Wildy! Give them back!"
"Oh, and look, you even doodled me in pants! You knew I'd blow up the church if you got me in a dress!"
"Please, Wildy!"
"Oh my, and here's a poem? "An Ode To Abel?" 'Oh spotted one so lean and fine...'"
"WILDY!"

Also, I like that idea of hot-for-teacher notes.

JackTheCubiWolf

I'd be smashing my head into the counter by now if I was stuck lessening to her for 15 minutes. I can't stay in one place like that for 15 minutes. It's a miracle I can make it through a school day.
I'm back, and tired.

Jairus

Quote from: thegayhare on July 20, 2009, 10:07:10 AM
Yeah but my thoughts are that probably only half of them were lecture notes... the other half were probably hot for teacher love sick doodles ...  J+A in little girly hearts, Mr and Mr Abel Gianna, and plans for there up comming nuptuials... Jy squeak wondering if he can wear white for it, and who should be the best man... If it should be wildy simply because she'd maim them for making her be sometihng girly...

I have returned with a new poem for Jyrras. This may be the worst poem I've ever written, but A) I don't think Jyrras is that much of a poet, and B) it's really hard to work "taxonomic" into a poem.

From the pages of Jy's Hot-for-teacher notes,

Feline Incubus
Detailed taxonomic study
Can provide so many details.
Of cubi race, and yellow body
Of feline background and soft tail.
Many black spots on yellow fur,
That shift and change when e'er he wants.
Six spots on cheeks that never stir,
They never move, not even once.
Four changing wings, from back and head,
That show off his cubi powers.
A red clan mark is on his back
That never leaves or changes shape.
Oh crap none of that verse rhymes.
Screw this, I'm just gonna write notes on Warp-Aci...

[next page]

An Ode To Abel
Oh spotted one so lean and fine...

Tapewolf

GabrielsThoughts

congrats Amber, on the multiple updates.

and, everyone who think's Edward is Aniz is going to crawl out of the wood work.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

llearch n'n'daCorna

*mergey-mergey*

That way everyone can see just how wonderfully much GT pays attention. ;-]

(we love you, honest.)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Nobody

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on July 20, 2009, 06:24:48 PM
and, everyone who think's Edward is Aniz is going to crawl out of the wood work.

I was wondering when someone would bring that up.  Even though I don't believe that Aniz and Edward are one and the same, I'm sure that there's someone here that does.

Zedd

All I can say keep your as you are and have plenty of bedrest  or we have to put you in a bubble if you get sick again!  :U