06/21/09 [DMFA #1017] - Time for another demonology crash-course!

Started by Jairus, June 22, 2009, 01:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

I sense that we shall be learning more about the Warp-Aci shortly. So, it does not seem that Fi's new size is permanent, unless Dan can't get it back to a manageable size.

On a minor note, why does Abel think Dan has any working knowledge of Warp-Aci?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

martINSANE

Well the obvious thing to do when you are given an unknown magical creature would be to learn all about it. Abel is just forgeting that Dan is Dan

Baal Hadad

I just have one thing to say about this update.

BUTTERBALL?!?!?!?

:giggle   :giggle   :giggle   :giggle   :giggle

Never heard Abel use that word, much less thought of it as applied to Fi....

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Frigid on June 22, 2009, 02:10:21 AM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on June 22, 2009, 02:07:45 AM
BUTTERBALL?!?!?!?

Hey, we can use THAT as a pronoun referring to Fi!

*snrrk*

No.

Sorry, I can't.  It's too silly to use consistently with a straight face.

OminousShadow

Hmmm. Butterball huh? Shove him in the oven for Thanksgiving.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

M

I had a friend whose cat was named Butterball. It makes this comic much more silly in my mind.  :)

techmaster-glitch

Fex

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 22, 2009, 02:35:00 AM
Quote from: Frigid on June 22, 2009, 02:10:21 AM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on June 22, 2009, 02:07:45 AM
BUTTERBALL?!?!?!?
Hey, we can use THAT as a pronoun referring to Fi!
I second this motion. Fi's pronoun is now butterball. :3
it will sound silly. 'Where is butterbal he ate my sandwich'

techmaster-glitch

No, butterball replaces the pronoun, so there's no "he"! It would be, "Where is Fi?!? Butterball ate my sandwich!"

... :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on June 22, 2009, 01:37:49 AM
That is a weird slip.  Dan thought he was a winged Being until Aary tried to kill him.  Abel knows that.  Maybe he has spent too long at the Academy.

As for Paranoia, I've never played it but it's definitely been on my list of things to try.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

The_one_who_is_odd

Is it just me or is Fi just unusually cute in abel's arms? Butterball and Abel make such a cute team...

AmigaDragon

I think it looks like Fi is swinging its tail and hindquarters up and around to get a reversal on Abel.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Baal Hadad

Quote from: AmigaDragon on June 22, 2009, 03:24:04 AM
I think it looks like Fi is swinging its tail and hindquarters up and around to get a reversal on Abel.

I thought Abel was swinging Fi in front of Dan there....

!KCA

Oh, Fi's definitely struggling there. I don't know about reversal; but, it's certainly trying to get out of Abel's grip.

Tapewolf

Is it just me or is Fi starting to resemble the Inlay robots from SSDD?

Baal Hadad

Quote from: !KCA on June 22, 2009, 04:01:25 AM
Oh, Fi's definitely struggling there. I don't know about reversal; but, it's certainly trying to get out of Abel's grip.

I'd be surprised if Fi wasn't struggling, but Abel doesn't seem to be struggling to keep Fi in his grasp there....

GundamDragon

Fi looks pissed and i think he is trying kick Abel in the head with his hind legs. That or strangle Abel with his tail.

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Baal Hadad on June 22, 2009, 04:23:34 AM
I'd be surprised if Fi wasn't struggling, but Abel doesn't seem to be struggling to keep Fi in his grasp there....

Abel's just a very effeminate manly man  :3

Oh, and I wonder if Butterball's ( :giggle) tail will be fixed again once he changes size. Though I doubt it would stay that way for long.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: wuffnpuff on June 22, 2009, 04:31:37 AM

Abel's just a very effeminate manly man  :3

Okay...how does that relate to what I said?

*is confused*

Tapewolf

Quote from: GundamDragon on June 22, 2009, 04:28:02 AM
Fi looks pissed and i think he is trying kick Abel in the head with his hind legs. That or strangle Abel with his tail.
Abel's not in a great mood himself.  Though at least he's not taking it out on Dan.  So far.

Michael Chandra

Ooooh, he really is Great Dane size. :eager Me likes, that's the size proper dogs are supposed to be.

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Baal Hadad on June 22, 2009, 04:33:46 AM
Quote from: wuffnpuff on June 22, 2009, 04:31:37 AM

Abel's just a very effeminate manly man  :3

Okay...how does that relate to what I said?

*is confused*

:giggle  I just going off of what you said on how Abel doesn't look like he's struggling to keep Fi in his grasp  :) He has some strength there  :boogie

Scarydragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 22, 2009, 02:47:51 AM
Quote from: Jairus on June 22, 2009, 01:37:49 AM
That is a weird slip.  Dan thought he was a winged Being until Aary tried to kill him.  Abel knows that.  Maybe he has spent too long at the Academy.

Dan may not yet know much about being a cubi, and cubi related things, but don't forget that warp-acis aren't cubi specific. Anyone with magical training can summon one, so chances are warp-aci are a bit more common knowledge. Abel may be taking for granted that an adventurer of Dan's caliber should know about all kinds of creatures, including magical summons. He is of course asking Dan, so it's not surprising Dan has no clue. :P
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Tapewolf

Quote from: Scarydragon on June 22, 2009, 06:48:44 AM
Abel may be taking for granted that an adventurer of Dan's caliber should know about all kinds of creatures, including magical summons. He is of course asking Dan, so it's not surprising Dan has no clue. :P

Good point.  That Dan may have known about warp-aci from his adventurer training, anyway - as for how clueless Dan is, that's an open question.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'll go on the order as saying "pretty clueless".

I wonder if those mow-figures will make a return. If Abel regurgitates something he picked up at SAIA, the chances are better than even that they will.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 22, 2009, 07:01:00 AM
Quote from: Scarydragon on June 22, 2009, 06:48:44 AM
Abel may be taking for granted that an adventurer of Dan's caliber should know about all kinds of creatures, including magical summons. He is of course asking Dan, so it's not surprising Dan has no clue. :P

Good point.  That Dan may have known about warp-aci from his adventurer training, anyway - as for how clueless Dan is, that's an open question.

knowing of them, and knowing all about them, are completely different things, no?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on June 22, 2009, 08:56:42 AM
knowing of them, and knowing all about them, are completely different things, no?

Well put.  (I knew there was something I'd forgotten to add)

EDIT:
Actually, there's another dimension to it as well.  Something else I forgot to add.  IIRC Warp-Aci are most popular with 'Cubi anyway, since most other races can't be bothered with them.  If so, Warp-aci aren't going to be a common sight, given how rare 'Cubi are.

rhyfe2002

So, he's gonna return to his normal self again..? Aww, I thought this form was rather cute  :cry Oh well.

The_one_who_is_odd

Who thinks when things settle down Amber should make a wallpaper of the Bigger Fi in Abel's arms?