06/13/09 [DMFA #1014]-Wake up with some make-up

Started by OminousShadow, June 13, 2009, 03:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OminousShadow

Dear Lord. Abel face scares me in the last panel.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Jairus

Make-up is serious business!

Of course, sleeves would be far more efficient, but since Abel is so much older than I we'll go with him for now. But if he does Dan's eyeshadow and mascara and base, Abel's claims to straightness will be severely infringed.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Netrogo

Once upon a time I actually posted here.

OminousShadow

I say he is Abelsexual. He can be whatever he wants to be.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Jairus

Quote from: Netrogo on June 13, 2009, 03:12:02 AM
Abel's made claims to straightness?
Good point. Okay, how about "potential claims to Abel's straightness?" Does that work better?

Though, to be fair, I can do eyeshadow and base and blush, but that's because I've acted before.

Quote from: OminousShadow on June 13, 2009, 03:12:55 AM
Abelsexual? I like that. Does this explain why everyone is attracted to him?

EDIT: I'd just like to submit that I find Jy's "deer in headlights" face adorable.

Brownie

It's a possibilty, Jairus.

Anyway...
Abel is angry. Something's not going right.

insidexml

"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

Jairus

Quote from: insidexml on June 13, 2009, 03:28:15 AM
Where'd he get the makeup, anyway?
"Make-Up 4 U" down at the mall.

LoneHowler

I knew it! since the clan mark can't be disguised by majic it must be disguised with mundane means. Or jirus could find a way to hide it with a patch
XD I can see Able taking makeup classes he did afterall take grass growing I'd think makeup would have been a step up from that
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Garsemor

Quote from: Jairus on June 13, 2009, 03:13:39 AM
Quote from: Netrogo on June 13, 2009, 03:12:02 AM
Abel's made claims to straightness?
Good point. Okay, how about "potential claims to Abel's straightness?" Does that work better?
Quote from: OminousShadow on June 13, 2009, 03:12:55 AM
Abelsexual? I like that. Does this explain why everyone is attracted to him?
If Abel is gay 400 or so years is more than enough time to figure it out, so he is either strait or bi. I just don't believe the gay thing

Jairus

Quote from: LoneHowler on June 13, 2009, 03:43:06 AM
I knew it! since the clan mark can't be disguised by majic it must be disguised with mundane means. Or jirus could find a way to hide it with a patch
XD I can see Able taking makeup classes he did afterall take grass growing I'd think makeup would have been a step up from that
The next strip will most likely be something like this snippet from a Japanese live-action show called Kamen Rider Kabuto. Warning: bleeped out bad word at the end.

Baal Hadad

Okay, I get it--that's what the makeup is for.  I got confused....

But yeah, that's a...*ahem*...hardcore expression on Abel's face there....

LoneHowler

Oh and to Ambers pen dilema. I forget the name brand but my favorate inking pens are a drafting set that Staples carries it comes in .1-.7 I think. Damn if I wernt camping and have left the pens at home I'd have a more definate answer
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better

Jairus

Quote from: LoneHowler on June 13, 2009, 03:52:32 AM
Oh and to Ambers pen dilema. I forget the name brand but my favorate inking pens are a drafting set that Staples carries it comes in .1-.7 I think. Damn if I wernt camping and have left the pens at home I'd have a more definate answer
Are they Staedtler's? I mean, I'm just asking, because the four I have come in the same range. Those are the pens I use, and they seem to work fine enough for me.

Zedd

Quote from: Jairus on June 13, 2009, 03:45:26 AM
The next strip will most likely be something like this snippet from a Japanese live-action show called Kamen Rider Kabuto. Warning: bleeped out bad word at the end.
Yeah I see make up style battles between me and Abel would gone like that

LoneHowler

Quote from: Jairus on June 13, 2009, 03:54:19 AM
Quote from: LoneHowler on June 13, 2009, 03:52:32 AM
Are they Staedtler's? I mean, I'm just asking, because the four I have come in the same range. Those are the pens I use, and they seem to work fine enough for me.

Yes! Thankyou those are the ones I was talking about

Turnsky

you guys never considered that Abel could be talking about 'making up for lost time' as he'd been slacking off 'showing Dan the ropes' as of late.

edit: wha?... you mean they're stopping making them zig millenniums?... dang.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Garsemor

Once again Dan gets the chance to be even more feminine. Poor Dan can't get a break from thees jokes, ever since page 83.

---Envy---

OminousShadow

Also on Abel saying Dan tapped into his Clans power reserves. The Mark probably appeared because the trademark emotions of Dans Clan os Pain/Suffering and he was wanting to cause that in large amounts to Regina then DP.

The_one_who_is_odd

Quote from: OminousShadow on June 13, 2009, 04:29:45 AM
Also on Abel saying Dan tapped into his Clans power reserves. The Mark probably appeared because the trademark emotions of Dans Clan os Pain/Suffering and he was wanting to cause that in large amounts to Regina then DP.
Ya and add in the fact DP and Dan were in alot of pain too during/after the fight

bdplague

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jyrus's face in that middle panel! xD Absolutley priceless. <333

Tapewolf

I'm curious as to how Abel is able to guess that Dan met Cyra.  It looks like he was able to deduce this from Fi's 'power up', which kind of makes sense.  But the mark was at least starting to form during the battle, and given how rare Tri-Wings are, I'm wondering how he knows they do that kind of thing.  Presumably it was something he picked up in a lecture.

But yeah, he doesn't look pleased. I guess he's about to explain that Cyra is not a particularly healthy clan to be in.  In the middle Dan seems to be going "Holy hell... it was real!"
I imagine his next question would be "Can't I just shapeshift it out?"

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Garsemor

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 13, 2009, 05:38:04 AM

No, he is going to ask how does he know that Cyra visited him.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 13, 2009, 05:38:04 AM
I'm curious as to how Abel is able to guess that Dan met Cyra.  It looks like he was able to deduce this from Fi's 'power up', which kind of makes sense.  But the mark was at least starting to form during the battle, and given how rare Tri-Wings are, I'm wondering how he knows they do that kind of thing.  Presumably it was something he picked up in a lecture.

But yeah, he doesn't look pleased. I guess he's about to explain that Cyra is not a particularly healthy clan to be in.  In the middle Dan seems to be going "Holy hell... it was real!"

There's a third possibility. He sees Dan come in with the clan mark formed, after the battle, and he impersonates Cyra in the dream to be able to push Dan in the direction that he wants him to go. To be fair, such amnipulation might be outside of Abel's ethical map, but if Destania can appear as Devin, I don't see why Abel can't appear as a giant Cyra, especially given that there is no way Dan would know what Cyra looks like.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 13, 2009, 06:55:39 AM
There's a third possibility. He sees Dan come in with the clan mark formed, after the battle, and he impersonates Cyra in the dream to be able to push Dan in the direction that he wants him to go. To be fair, such amnipulation might be outside of Abel's ethical map, but if Destania can appear as Devin, I don't see why Abel can't appear as a giant Cyra, especially given that there is no way Dan would know what Cyra looks like.

Interesting theory.  I'm not sure I buy it though.  There are two main issues I see:

1. Abel hates 'Cubi who impersonate others.  He only turned into Merlitz because the alternative - as he believed it - was to leave Dan with someone who was sent to destroy him.  That looks more like a moral hangup or Very Sore Point than something he'd apply selectively like that.

2. Assuming that Abel was happy to impersonate Cyra, telling Dan that there are people who can get him back in touch with her is a very weak point in the plan.  Because if it was Abel doing it, it would only be possible when Abel was close enough to Dan for it to work.  If he asked Fa'Lina or Mab or someone when Abel wasn't around, the scam would collapse very quickly- not least if they put him in touch with the real one.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

Oh, I don't buy it either, not with 100% conviction. I'm more trying to present it as plausible than probable. That being said.......

Dan *is* under fire, and quite possibly will not survive without some sort of help. Abel does not seem to know how he got into the DP household and roughed up. And didn't Cyra seem oddly allowing when Dan wanted to discontinue the conversation? Hardly like a protective clan leader here. Granted, it's hard to determine what Abel's actual motivations are, beyond a desire to protect Dan, but given Dan's reactions in the past, a sudden appearance like this might frighten him away from further contact with his clan "Which would be for his own good" if the whole "Cyra Clan and dragons are at each other's throats" thing is true.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 13, 2009, 07:06:01 AM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 13, 2009, 06:55:39 AM

Interesting theory.  I'm not sure I buy it though.  There are two main issues I see:

1. Abel hates 'Cubi who impersonate others.  He only turned into Merlitz because the alternative - as he believed it - was to leave Dan with someone who was sent to destroy him.  That looks more like a moral hangup or Very Sore Point than something he'd apply selectively like that.

2. Assuming that Abel was happy to impersonate Cyra, telling Dan that there are people who can get him back in touch with her is a very weak point in the plan.  Because if it was Abel doing it, it would only be possible when Abel was close enough to Dan for it to work.  If he asked Fa'Lina or Mab or someone when Abel wasn't around, the scam would collapse very quickly- not least if they put him in touch with the real one.

don't forget the ace in the hole: it seems that Cubi, no matter what form they take, can't hide their clan mark.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Scarydragon

I think we're all missing the big question, which would be, where is Dan getting all of his sleeveless turtleneck shirts? :P
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Corgatha Taldorthar

Do dreamscape rules apply? Dan's Clan symbol goes missing during the conversation there...........

Also, we never do see "Cyra's" back. Now, we do see the symbol in front, but do we have anything that prove that a 'cubi cannot forge the clan symbol of another clan onto him/herself?