12/06/09 [Abel #58] - Chatterbox

Started by MT Hazard, June 12, 2009, 05:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Me, starting a topic? where is everybody?

Looks like Abels made a friend whether he wants it or not.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on June 12, 2009, 05:26:31 AM
Me, starting a topic? where is everybody?
In business meetings about relational database design?   :P

QuoteLooks like Abels made a freind wether he wants it or not.

Does that mean Mink is the first to go like Jouster did...?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

SpottedKitty

Is that a "too early in the morning for this" look, or a "do I know you?" look?   ;)

Wait a moment... juggling? Things catching fire? The mind boggles. Totally.    :erk
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Lucheek

"How did you find me?! I locked the doors!"

Tapewolf

Quote from: SpottedKitty on June 12, 2009, 07:26:20 AM
Is that a "too early in the morning for this" look, or a "do I know you?" look?   ;)

Interesting.  We don't know how long Abel has been there, but he probably hasn't got much in the way of a mind-shield yet.  Mink (?) should know that he's irritating/startling him...

Scarydragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 12, 2009, 07:36:09 AM
Interesting.  We don't know how long Abel has been there, but he probably hasn't got much in the way of a mind-shield yet.  Mink (?) should know that he's irritating/startling him...

Fa'lina could have easily set a mind-shield up for him just as she did for Dan, or Abel himself for Jyras.

To me it just looks like a 'dear lord, when does the talking stop?' expression. :P
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Netrogo

I have quite a few friends like that, I can never figure out a way to shut them up that doesn't involve ignoring them or blatantly just yelling at them to can it.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Alondro

*Charline mrrs*  Cubi with big ol tentacles!  With suckers too!  Fun times for all...  ;)

*Alondro wanders in... and back out immediately*  It's too strange here!   :erk
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Brownie

Hey netrogo:
I'm just like that. Your friends I mean. :P
The look on his face though is just...well...Interesting.

Look, This post would be a lot better if I hadn't just been to a Baroque music concert that absolutly 'wowed' me.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I wonder where Abel got the clothes. Do they offer them free when you join? Dan didn't get any at his short stint at the Academy.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

LionHeart

Dan was only there about a day or two.

Abel has been there at least a couple of weeks, by this point.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Akisohida

Why is everyone calling this new person Mink? o.O

Sadly, I am much like that. :)

Also, I think Abel was remembering what he was told and was snapped out of his thoughts by this 'cubi. Either 'Mink' is really friendly or Abel got to know them or is roomies with 'em.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Jairus

Mood whiplash!

In other words, Mink is adorable. I hope Abel's current run of bad luck doesn't affect the poor boy.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Am I the only one who wishes Amber would post the full text of these rants?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 12, 2009, 10:18:44 AM
... Am I the only one who wishes Amber would post the full text of these rants?
No, you're not.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Corgatha Taldorthar

As close as I can make it out, it goes. Words that I think I have but aren't completely certain will be in green. Total speculation will be in red

" My! Tivallar totally tried to juggle and it resulted in several things being on fire but I figure there is always another time.  So how are you today? The weather is really nice outside and you should totally and maybe h(something) because its been weeks since has been on (something)  which is such a shame! But (Something, possibly several words.) Mister Nalf said to  Several words. is due and even though something project done I am something, probably several words report is going to  several words, last one ending in H because he  always something? Maybe no words to stair?  the more and several? subjects  But I don't  several words? against him

The rest of it is near impossible to make out, except for the phrases of  "Went on a" and "Everyone shouted?"

but to be honest, I don't think Amber is trying to emphasize, or even wants us to be that curious about what is being said, rather that just a torrent of verbiage is coming at one of the characters.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Garsemor

Poor Abel got out of the reselling ring and in to the crowd of chartering people. Which is worse?

Aganerral

Quote from: Scarydragon on June 12, 2009, 07:50:59 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on June 12, 2009, 07:36:09 AM

Fa'lina could have easily set a mind-shield up for him just as she did for Dan, or Abel himself for Jyras.

To me it just looks like a 'dear lord, when does the talking stop?' expression. :P

Plus, Abel had been taking magic lessons already before going to SAIA, to the degree that his clan mark appeared before the headwings even, so even if he didn't learn a mind shield spell before SAIA, he is versed enough in magic that he could probably pick it up quickly.  Mind shields are not just the domain of cubi; Merlitz' former adventuring party had them up when they visited Lost Lake.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aganerral on June 12, 2009, 11:17:37 AM
Plus, Abel had been taking magic lessons already before going to SAIA, to the degree that his clan mark appeared before the headwings even, so even if he didn't learn a mind shield spell before SAIA, he is versed enough in magic that he could probably pick it up quickly.  Mind shields are not just the domain of cubi; Merlitz' former adventuring party had them up when they visited Lost Lake.

Very true.  Also, Fa'Lina, when talking to Dan, implied on several occasions that it's a relatively simple trick, so he may well have picked it up.

Though assuming that Abel isn't shielded, it had occurred to me that Mink gets an emotional kick out of blabbing to people like that as part of his(?) affinity  :P

Janus Whitefurr

( ! )

Mink!

*steals him away before anyone else gets the idea*
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

tiggertoo

Though it's already becoming archaic, my Dad would have said that Mink'd been vaccinated with a phonograph needle.  Nothing like the contrast of uberhappy vs emo.  :mowhappy

Caswin

Quote from: tiggertoo on June 12, 2009, 11:57:29 AM
Though it's already becoming archaic, my Dad would have said that Mink'd been vaccinated with a phonograph needle.
I've never heard that one before, but I like it.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

techmaster-glitch

Lucheek

OminousShadow

Heh. Incu-Pus is obviously GAY FOR ABEL!
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Buhamet

Wait, is the other cubi in the strip Male as well?

for quite a bit, I thought it was female........... gah!

Forycles

I tend to not worry about genders when I should, and worry about them when I shan't. I never actually took into consideration Abel's gender when I first saw him. I actually thought Fi was a guy until recently.

Back on topic, did anyone notice that Mink[?] said everyone a lot in his rant. How many friends does that guy have!?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Buhamet on June 12, 2009, 03:54:46 PM
Wait, is the other cubi in the strip Male as well?
To be honest, Amber hasn't said AFAIK.  Most people are going by the shape of his chest I think, since Amber's design tends to stick breasts on females no matter what target species they are.

Quote from: Forycles on June 12, 2009, 03:58:10 PM
I actually thought Fi was a guy until recently.
Amber always refers to Fi as 'it' since warp-aci are genderless.  The Radio Project has always voiced Fi as female, but that's not necessarily correct.

Wanderer

Quote from: SpottedKitty on June 12, 2009, 07:26:20 AM
I've been thinking it was the second, but the first works too. In my case it would probably also be a "Ooookay... I'm going to go somewhere else now... Just slowly back away from the crazy person..."