06/08/09 [DMFA #1013] - Pip v. Fi, part 2

Started by Jairus, June 07, 2009, 10:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Ah, the teeth. The teeth. Poor Fi. S/he just can't win, can s/he?

Hold on, Abel's got a bag. I guess he got what he went looking for. Looks kinda like a shopping bag or something like that. Or  duffel bag.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Slowtini

Hmm.
I wonder if it's a Fi sized duffel.

insidexml

:U Oh my. Some of Fi's tail is missing.

Or has there always been a chunk of Fi's tail gone?
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

techmaster-glitch

that chunk's always been gone. That's the bite Pip originally took out of him.

"You look like you ate a burnt marshmallow!"

Jairus

Quote from: insidexml on June 07, 2009, 10:22:31 PM
:U Oh my. Some of Fi's tail is missing.

Or has there always been a chunk of Fi's tail gone?
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 07, 2009, 10:23:48 PM
that chunk's always been gone. That's the bite Pip originally took out of him.

"You look like you ate a burnt marshmallow!"
It looks like Fi regrew that bit of tail when s/he grew. And now s/he's lost it again.

techmaster-glitch

Ohhh, I see. Clever, and adds even more insult to injury :3

Baal Hadad

You just knew that was going to happen.

You just KNEW it.

Having gotten that out of my system, I'm looking forward to what exactly Abel wanted to get....

OminousShadow

97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Raiettei

I like how Fi caught Pip off guard, had a (very slight... pretty much nonexistant) advantage, and STILL got it's tail... um... chomped.

Poor Fi can't get a break!

Also, this is the first time I've got a good idea of how huge Fi's become! Fi's not actually made contact with anybody in previous strips, I had no real way of seeing it...

Whatever.

Rai bows...

--Got the Point?

Kenway975

Quote from: OminousShadow on June 08, 2009, 01:08:03 AM
Fi fails at revenge.

Given Pip... Somehow I think that even if Fi was Lion/Tiger/Cougar sized Pip would still win.

OminousShadow

Quote from: Kenway975 on June 08, 2009, 01:26:51 AM
Quote from: OminousShadow on June 08, 2009, 01:08:03 AM
Fi fails at revenge.

Given Pip... Somehow I think that even if Fi was Lion/Tiger/Cougar sized Pip would still win.

If Fi was smart, Fi could have done good at revenge. S/he could have left Pip sleeping and teleported him somewhere he wouldn't have enjoyed being and then got away before Pip awoke.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Madmann135

Fi should have played to his strengths of being a Warp-Aci instead of trying to use brute force.  ]
...Pip even excites dread from Dan.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Quote from: Madmann135 on June 08, 2009, 02:03:39 AM
Fi should have played to his strengths of being a Warp-Aci instead of trying to use brute force.

Fully agreed. Then again, who knows, maybe Fi WILL get its revenge that way some time :P
Speaking of brute force, Fi can hardly bite back without a mouth. So what WAS it trying to do? Clobber Pip? Cut him with its tail?

Hellcat

ahh Fi you are cursed to always have your tail mutilated by a small gold drake

llearch n'n'daCorna

bweeheeheeheehee.

Amber FTW. Nuff said.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Jairus on June 07, 2009, 10:19:47 PM
Ah, the teeth. The teeth. Poor Fi. S/he just can't win, can s/he?

I think it's generally been said that the correct pronoun to use for warp aci is "it", as they're neither male nor female. Though they may adopt male and/or female mannerisms.

QuoteHold on, Abel's got a bag. I guess he got what he went looking for. Looks kinda like a shopping bag or something like that. Or  duffel bag.

I was going to say or book, but looking closer, it looks more like handles, like on a shopping bag, duffel or whatever.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on June 08, 2009, 03:37:52 AM
I was going to say or book, but looking closer, it looks more like handles, like on a shopping bag, duffel or whatever.
It looked like a Fluke meter to me, but yeah, his hand is going through it like a bag.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brownie

Fi must learn:
It doesn't matter how big you are.
It doesn't matter how powerful you are.
It doesn't matter how intimidating you are.

Pip will eat you.
:P

Lucheek

I wonder what Fi's tail taste like.

Apparently, delicious-- if Pip bit it off, twice.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Odd. Abel appears to have changed his clothes from the last time we see him here. That doesn't exactly fit with something unbelievably urgent and important to Dan's survival.

In a lighter tone, I just realized that Pip would have to make many bites to create an equivalent wound in a much larger Fi. Poor little smoke puff. He *never* wins. (I think I have more sympathy for Fi than I do for Jyrras, partly because Fi is psychologically incapable of acting like an adult.)
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 08, 2009, 08:49:20 AM
Odd. Abel appears to have changed his clothes from the last time we see him here. That doesn't exactly fit with something unbelievably urgent and important to Dan's survival.

I think that's basically what he wears when he goes outdoors or when patrons of the inn etc are likely to see him.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 08, 2009, 09:03:15 AM

I think that's basically what he wears when he goes outdoors or when patrons of the inn etc are likely to see him.

I'm not so certain, while he does seem to wear green here, I've noticed that Abel tends to wear full shirts and not one of those open jacket things. (although what he is wearing now is very similar to what he made for Dan out of Wildy's robe), and even so, if this si some sort of immediate, life or death emergency thing, would he really stop to change? I mean, there are enough weirdos around Lost Lake, would one more shirtless guy be that out of place?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 08, 2009, 09:12:59 AM
I'm not so certain, while he does seem to wear green here, I've noticed that Abel tends to wear full shirts and not one of those open jacket things. (although what he is wearing now is very similar to what he made for Dan out of Wildy's robe), and even so, if this si some sort of immediate, life or death emergency thing, would he really stop to change? I mean, there are enough weirdos around Lost Lake, would one more shirtless guy be that out of place?

Stop?

:shapeshifters

Jairus

In a lighter tone, I just realized that Pip would have to make many bites to create an equivalent wound in a much larger Fi. Poor little smoke puff. He *never* wins. (I think I have more sympathy for Fi than I do for Jyrras, partly because Fi is psychologically incapable of acting like an adult.)
How is Pip not winning? I don't think he's "lost" a fight yet, except for the whole "burnt marshmallow" scene. He's the most fearsome thing in Lost Lake besides Wildy, or alternatively he's simply the fiercest thing besides Wildy. So it would take a few more bites: that wouldn't concern Pip.

As for Fi... I think that's just how Warp Aci are. So, why would we feel sympathetic for Fi over something like being unable to act like an adult? I'm just curious as to your reasoning, that's all.

Garsemor

Amber should update Pip's bio whit "most known for: bighting Fi's tail"

Chaos

Unfounded Speculation Time
- What's in the Bag Edition.

I call that Able has just gone to the magic shop. After having years to practice, I'm certain that he is good enough to be able to summon up some help, specifically giant angels that will kick Dan's ass if he ever attempts to get into trouble again. This of course will summon Wildy's Uncle John (What, you didn't know) And hilarity.

Damn it. I'm not as good at this as I used to be.

Naldru

I'll go for a shirt with sleeves going part way down the arms and open at the back.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 08, 2009, 10:05:19 AM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 08, 2009, 09:12:59 AM

Stop?

:shapeshifters

Does that really apply to clothes? After he gets doused in paint, Abel opts to wear the clothes that Jyrras buys for him instead of just shifting clothes on. OTOH, Aaryanna (sp?) does change into that schoolgirl outfit when trying to educate Dan about his powers.  Either way, the question of why he bothers, especially if he's in a hurry, still applies, I would think.

**************************************************************************************
Quote from: Jairus on June 08, 2009, 10:11:31 AM
How is Pip not winning? I don't think he's "lost" a fight yet, except for the whole "burnt marshmallow" scene. He's the most fearsome thing in Lost Lake besides Wildy, or alternatively he's simply the fiercest thing besides Wildy. So it would take a few more bites: that wouldn't concern Pip.

As for Fi… I think that's just how Warp Aci are. So, why would we feel sympathetic for Fi over something like being unable to act like an adult? I'm just curious as to your reasoning, that's all.

Pardon me if I wasn't clear. I meant that *Fi* never wins. And I feel sympathetic towards him because it is just how warp-aci's are, that seems to cause them to act in a way that gets them beaten up, eating dangerous things, and generally consistently making poor judgement calls. We don't have any real evidence that he can act in any sort of other way either, pre-empting a possible "grow up" response.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 08, 2009, 12:36:50 PM
Does that really apply to clothes? After he gets doused in paint, Abel opts to wear the clothes that Jyrras buys for him instead of just shifting clothes on. OTOH, Aaryanna (sp?) does change into that schoolgirl outfit when trying to educate Dan about his powers.  Either way, the question of why he bothers, especially if he's in a hurry, still applies, I would think.

They can shift the clothes they're wearing, yes.  But that may not extend to clothes dripping with sticky paint.  It may be that they were too far gone and in any case, the guy was in a state of shock at the time...

llearch n'n'daCorna