05/24/09 [DMFA #1006] - Ooh ooh! Pick excited!

Started by AmigaDragon, May 24, 2009, 02:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

Uh, yeah... take advice from a warp aci. :mowtongue
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jairus

Fi's innocence is a source of much amusement. "'Crap, crap, crap, crap' ... and then he said that like a dozen more times." Any guesses on what Abel has to get? Enchanted barrier ingredients, perhaps? Or some books?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think "something to make you big as well" is "an amazon", yes?

...in the spirit of dragging everything into the gutter once more, that is...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

insidexml

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 24, 2009, 02:51:04 AM

:U Awwww, you beat me.
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

Madmann135

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 24, 2009, 02:51:04 AM

It's easy to drag some into the gutter... especially when their mind is already there.

For the last three days I have been imagining Matilda as an amazon...

Taking advice from a Warp-Aci can be a double edged sword.  
One side Warp-Aci are carefree and generally have the mentality of children.  So teaching them is a good option, unless you get a mentally unstable one, Fi is more of a carefree and excitable type not really dangerous... unless your a hot-pocket.  
The second edge is a byproduct of the first edge... they have the mentality of children.  Would you take advice from a child?

I'm starting to think that Fi just got a charge from Dan's magical leveling up and the buildup was released as Fi 'growing up...'  That or Fi was the victim of a cubi/Warp-Aci joke.  
FiZilla

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Jairus on May 24, 2009, 02:48:36 AM
Any guesses on what Abel has to get? Enchanted barrier ingredients, perhaps? Or some books?

Books might be a little problematic, considering he's banned from the SAIA library. Then again, that can't be the only source of books in Furrae.
He could be running to Fa'Lina for advice, but without specifying that. Growing warp aci can't be a common occurrence, otherwise it wouldn't have freaked him out like that. Either that, or he has an idea what did it and it scares him.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Garsemor

Just another example of the usefulness of warp-aci. They work like perfect message recorders.
Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 24, 2009, 03:15:45 AM
Quote from: Jairus on May 24, 2009, 02:48:36 AM
Any guesses on what Abel has to get? Enchanted barrier ingredients, perhaps? Or some books?

Books might be a little problematic, considering he's banned from the SAIA library. Then again, that can't be the only source of books in Furrae.
He could be running to Fa'Lina for advice, but without specifying that. Growing warp aci can't be a common occurrence, otherwise it wouldn't have freaked him out like that. Either that, or he has an idea what did it and it scares him.
I just hope we find out what Abel fears in this case. I can't stop thinking about what it might be. It's definitely not Fa'lina because he would nead Fi to get to SAIA.
Quote from: Madmann135 on May 24, 2009, 03:03:43 AM
I'm starting to think that Fi just got a charge from Dan's magical leveling up and the buildup was released as Fi 'growing up...'  That or Fi was the victim of a cubi/Warp-Aci joke. 
FiZilla

Perhaps Fi's size change is caused by something else than Cyra, because I don't think Abel would panic because of Tri-wing making a dream visite.

Zedd

insidexml

"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

Reese Tora

Quote from: insidexml on May 24, 2009, 04:19:45 AM
Where would such a button be located?

Dragging the conversation back into the gutter, the only other innocent entity I know of with an off button is Chi of Chobits, and that off button? well...

I wonder if Cyra visiting Dan and Fi growing big (I reserve judgement on if he grew up :p ) might have some link.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Tapewolf

Quote from: Garsemor on May 24, 2009, 03:18:39 AM
I just hope we find out what Abel fears in this case. I can't stop thinking about what it might be. It's definitely not Fa'lina because he would nead Fi to get to SAIA.

Warp-aci seem to be mostly considered fashion accessories.  It is possible to teleport without them, though it is possible that Abel chose not to for some obscure reason.  It seems to me to be far too useful a thing to skip in favour of grass-growing, though.

Whatever it is, it looks like Abel has some idea of what it is and it isn't necessarily good.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 24, 2009, 05:56:19 AM
Quote from: Garsemor on May 24, 2009, 03:18:39 AM

Warp-aci seem to be mostly considered fashion accessories.  It is possible to teleport without them, though it is possible that Abel chose not to for some obscure reason.  It seems to me to be far too useful a thing to skip in favour of grass-growing, though.

Whatever it is, it looks like Abel has some idea of what it is and it isn't necessarily good.

given Abel's age, and his time at Saia, it's entirely plausible that he has seen or heard of it before.

Either way, i'm guessing that Warp-Aci aren't the only things that could get him to SAIA, he could Seek out and ask Mab, for example. Or there are other alternatives.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on May 24, 2009, 06:18:59 AM
Either way, i'm guessing that Warp-Aci aren't the only things that could get him to SAIA, he could Seek out and ask Mab, for example. Or there are other alternatives.

I forgot to mention that we've seen Aniz do this.  No warp-aci for him. 

Raffe

Perhaps he went to go get Fi a patch :3

My guess for off button would be clan mark.

Perhaps something that would cut Fi off from outside detection/energies like that sword, might undo/slow growth
Hooray ellipsis!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Deebs' giraffe on May 24, 2009, 06:30:02 AM
Perhaps something that would cut Fi off from outside detection/energies like that sword, might undo/slow growth

You've just hit on an interesting idea though you may not have realised it.
See this strip:  http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_422.php

...it looks like Cyra has somehow protected her children from detection, which is probably a good idea if all or most Dragons want them all dead.  Abel's degree of panic might imply that this event has left Dan vulnerable somehow.

Janus Whitefurr

Oh hey, now I imagine Shadow of the Danlossus.

Colossus Dan, rampaging through the world~
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Raffe

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 24, 2009, 06:44:07 AM

...it looks like Cyra has somehow protected her children from detection, which is probably a good idea if all or most Dragons want them all dead.  Abel's degree of panic might imply that this event has left Dan vulnerable somehow.
Hmmm...but I doubt it would be from Cyra's end (why would she put her own clan in danger?), so would it be Fi's association to the clan, perhaps combithed with the souped up energy?  A Cyra beacon if you wil?
Hooray ellipsis!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Deebs' giraffe on May 24, 2009, 07:06:16 AM
Hmmm...but I doubt it would be from Cyra's end (why would she put her own clan in danger?), so would it be Fi's association to the clan, perhaps combithed with the souped up energy?  A Cyra beacon if you wil?

That kind of thing, yes.  AFAIK the only other time we've seen Abel go quite this ballistic was when he ran into Pyroduck.  Either that or Fi has simply become too powerful for Dan or himself to control, which itself could be quite nasty.  After all, the spell holding Fi together was cast by Fa'Lina for her own personal use, so Fi might be considerably more powerful than a regular student's aci.

Dard

I think that the idea that the problem is that Dan has become detectable because of Fi's powerup is a good one.
Abel only complains about the timing. Apparently such events happen (although Fi strangely doesn't seem to know about them) and are not alarming. It's just that the timing was wrong. The timing was probably wrong because they are away from SAIA, the safe haven. The question would remain why Fi couldn't just carry him there...

I doubt that Cyra was in any way involved in that. It was probably more Abel's speech than anything else that prompted the growth.

Garsemor

Even if Fi would more powerful than Dan this isn't Pokemon. You don't need to be strong to make them obey you. The demonology says that the warp-aci are loyal to whomever they serve, and I don't think that Dan would have problems whit him if he would go out of hand. After all Fi is chide minded and he doesn't even know the full extent of his power, not to long ago he discovered that he can adjust his gravity so anything new will either happen in about 1000 more comics, or they would have to be brought to his attention for him to even realize.

Toast

Why do I get the feeling he's getting Aaryanna, Fa'lina, or Dan's mom?
I'm a bit silly in the ideas department.  :mowcookie

I also officially love Fi. <3

DMFA reader since 2000!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Garsemor on May 24, 2009, 09:04:59 AM
Even if Fi would more powerful than Dan this isn't Pokemon. You don't need to be strong to make them obey you. The demonology says that the warp-aci are loyal to whomever they serve, and I don't think that Dan would have problems whit him if he would go out of hand.

It also says "Most summoners are bright enough to know not to summon something with enough power to cause them trouble... most..."  And therein lies the rub.  Dan adopted Fi, he didn't summon it - Fa'Lina did, and something that she can chastise if it gets out of hand might not be something that Abel and Dan can even contain.

Psaakyrn

Another arguement for "Fi being more detectable" is that Abel didn't get Fi to get the stuff instead, which would presumably be quicker.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Buhamet

Quote from: Toast on May 24, 2009, 09:17:43 AM
Why do I get the feeling he's getting Aaryanna, Fa'lina, or Dan's mom?
I'm a bit silly in the ideas department.  :mowcookie

I also officially love Fi. <3

I myself wouldn't be surprised if this were the case........ It's just one of those standard reactions to something like this happening.

"oh no, something I don't know how to deal with has happened! what should I do? I know, find someone who does know what to do!"....... Sorta normal...... then again, it's Amber in control of the comic, so who knows what might happen! :P

kazzellin

Quote from: Madmann135 on May 24, 2009, 03:03:43 AM
Would you take advice from a child?

Sorry, had to be said. ;)

(Not sure who made the poster originally; I got it from a DnD discussion web site. It's been one of the pictures I use in my screen saver for a few years now. :sweatdrop )

That being said, Fi is very amusing in the second panel with his arms all flailing about. Whee~!

Now the question is what did Abel go get, and where did he go to get said items? Hmmm. . .

Edit: Sorry, Toast, but I don't think Abel would have gone to get Aaryanna. They don't exactly get along...  >:3

Garsemor

Ok, after a random memory that flew thought my head, I can safely say that Abel is not going to get someone from SAIA or from anywhere too distant, because according to page 673 (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_673.php) he can not teleport as is pointed out in the 3th panel where he says "You have a warp-aci to teleport you". If he knew how to teleport he would have instead of doing this http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_670.php. So it I think he is really going to get a object and not a person since he is the only one who knows anything about warp-aci and cubi who can be contacted.

Naldru

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 24, 2009, 06:44:07 AM

:ot
When I look at somebody's posted links, I often go back and forth in the strip to see what came before and after.  If you remember, I previously stated that non-canon information from Amber may become significant if it is reinforced in canon.  The relationship between Lorenda and Dan in the Janus Bond segment is definitely non-canon.  Lorenda's method of saving Dan from Dark Pegasus/Uncle Aliph appears to be definitely canon.  :kittydevious  Of course, running this up the flagpole may induce some people to take aim with a cannon.

Edit:

It is also possible that the spells protecting SAIA also make it easier for cubi to teleport in and out.

Just so something that I say is on topic.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Garsemor

Just another  :ot
I just know randomly came to me that except for DP (and Abel if we count the surprise bat attack) everything else that beat up Dan was female just look at this list of times Dan got beaten up:
Aliyka: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_904.php
Fa'lina: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_493.php and http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_588.php
Wildy: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_582.php
DP's henchmen 1 and 2: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_879.php
DP's henchmen 3 and 4: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_892.php
(sort of) Aaryanna: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_292.php
(was mentioned but never shown) Regina: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_973.php 2nd panel, not sure if I can count the tray attack.
(High probability) Alexis: can't remember if any.

I'm not sure if I missed any.

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Garsemor on May 24, 2009, 01:59:38 PM
Just another  :ot
I just know randomly came to me that except for DP (and Abel if we count the surprise bat attack) everything else that beat up Dan was female just look at this list of times Dan got beaten up:
(snip)
(High probability) Alexis: can't remember if any.
(snip)

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_674.php

With regards,
Ted