05/18/09 [DMFA #1004] - Words of Wisdom: Don't Die

Started by AmigaDragon, May 18, 2009, 01:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

Sounds good to me. :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

LoneHowler

Whoot we get to see Dan flying, he's used his winds in the past to controll a fall, but I don't think we have seen outright flying before
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Jairus

Excellent advice indeed. And the Fa'Lina comparison becomes a bit stronger: both Fa'Lina and Cyra seem to be a bit... wonky, if you will.

Now, which allies is Cyra talking about? Gods, that sounds like terrible grammar, but "which allies are Cyra talking about" sounds just as bad.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

SpottedKitty

Here's hoping felines have better luck than mustelids...
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

LoneHowler

Quote from: Jairus on May 18, 2009, 01:24:33 AM
Excellent advice indeed. And the Fa'Lina comparison becomes a bit stronger: both Fa'Lina and Cyra seem to be a bit... wonky, if you will.

Now, which allies is Cyra talking about? Gods, that sounds like terrible grammar, but "which allies are Cyra talking about" sounds just as bad.

Perhaps
"I wonder what Cyra's allies are, to whom she refers."
Ghaaa even that sounds bad
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better

Jairus

Quote from: LoneHowler on May 18, 2009, 01:34:27 AM
Quote from: Jairus on May 18, 2009, 01:24:33 AM

Perhaps
"I wonder what Cyra's allies are, to whom she refers."
Ghaaa even that sounds bad
I considered "which ally is Cyra talking about," but since she said "allies" I wanted to keep the plural.

Tsunari

Well I'd have to say Mab is one, also if Dan has trouble following the don't die advice does that mean he has been dead before?

Jairus

Quote from: Tsunari on May 18, 2009, 01:40:15 AM
Well I'd have to say Mab is one, also if Dan has trouble following the don't die advice does that mean he has been dead before?
At least once before.

Brownie

Then there's the other one I can't be bothered to find where he is a ghost...And annoys everyone with it.
It's either that or I've been sleeping during class again.

Jairus

Quote from: Brownie on May 18, 2009, 01:57:47 AM
Then there's the other one I can't be bothered to find where he is a ghost...And annoys everyone with it.
Yeah, but that arc technically isn't canon, due to the interventions of one fluffy fuzzball.

Well... I suppose Mab and Azlan could contact Cyra if they felt like it. Perhaps Abel knows how to contact her?

LigerJet

Anyone else somewhat sort of surprised by the fact that his grandmother is a great and powerful succubus and he's not freaking out about it?

Foxfire

Best advice one can get!

Though, as far as who can help him? Lets assume a clan founder has some reach of knowledge. There is an entire school of cubies he can go to with teachers which of course includes Fa'lina. There is Abel who was sent to aid and help Dan to think of the first off the top of my head that doesn't include some other one that just eludes me.

Though, I have to wonder, in a world of magic where it's practiced at a regular basis and obscenely powerful creatures wonder around, how many times is Dan going to be bewildered? Course maybe that's just Dan!

Also, clan elders being a little wonky? Well, millenia leaves you with a unique perspective. You've seen and possibly done most things there are to do in the world. At a certain point, a lot of problems just don't seem as bad anymore if you look at them in a grander time scale. Rainey day today? Well you have thousands more to find that are not.

LoneHowler

Quote from: Brownie on May 18, 2009, 01:57:47 AM
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_175.php even stepped on by a dragon who knew that a comedic irony strip would have foreshadowing to the cubi dragon war currently being discussed in recent strips

Dard

Who knows how he could get into touch with her?

Fa'Lina, without a doubt.
Abel, maybe. If what Cyra does is common, they will have taught it in SAIA and he would have learned, even if his own clan founder is dead.
Mab, probably.
And then there are the Basement Rats of course. They know how to get everywhere.

Ganurath

I wonder who Cyra's allies are.

Less is more.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Lowde

Quote from: LigerJet on May 18, 2009, 02:30:54 AM
Anyone else somewhat sort of surprised by the fact that his grandmother is a great and powerful succubus and he's not freaking out about it?

Yeah, I was thinking the same... Dan seems to be taking the whole deal rather casual

Dard

Quote from: Lowde on May 18, 2009, 04:56:33 AM
Yeah, I was thinking the same... Dan seems to be taking the whole deal rather casual
This may be a special dream, but it is still a dream.
Emotions are always strange in dreams.
Now, when he wakes up...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dard on May 18, 2009, 05:48:05 AM
Now, when he wakes up...

If Fi is still the size it was before, he might not be sure he's woken up.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

martINSANE

Now, when he wakes up...
I think her laid back attitude might have helped put him at ease. And she is also family, so he would trust her a bit more than a different total stranger.
Am I the only one who is reminded of the fairy from the Zelda games by the second to last panel?

Naldru

Could Cyra be in the Fae kingdom?  The disks do look similar.

As far as advice, it might be that Cyra realizes that reasonable advice might only get Dan angry, and therefore reduce his chances of survival.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Lucheek

Quote from: martINSANE on May 18, 2009, 06:01:32 AM
Now, when he wakes up...
I think her laid back attitude might have helped put him at ease. And she is also family, so he would trust her a bit more than a different total stranger.
Am I the only one who is reminded of the fairy from the Zelda games by the second to last panel?

"Hey! Listen, Grandma!"

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm still getting the vibe that Cyra disapproves of Dan's actions, but is determined not to interfere overmuch with his life.

Which should lead to an amusing confrontation if/when she catches up to Destania......
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on May 18, 2009, 08:59:55 AM
I'm still getting the vibe that Cyra disapproves of Dan's actions, but is determined not to interfere overmuch with his life.

Do you have an example?  I'd be interested to know where you're coming from there.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ghostwish

The best advice is often the simplest advice.

I really hope Dan figures out how to contact her again. Maybe even learning how to contact her could be quite hilarious.. especially if Abel is involved.

Michael Chandra

"Dan has a bad track record of following that advice." Yup, but the third time might be the charm. =)

Also, the rant is a lie! :U

(I really adore those wings, love the two-colour thing. And I'd still kill for that kind of hair.

Alondro

*Charles thinks about removing that tempting blue gauzy material from around Cyra's waist... cuz he is a furvert*   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

kazzellin

Quote from: LoneHowler on May 18, 2009, 01:19:18 AM
Whoot we get to see Dan flying, he's used his winds in the past to controll a fall, but I don't think we have seen outright flying before

I dunno about that, dude; looks like he's in a bubble to me.  :)

Wanderer

Ah, Kino's ultimate advice for a traveler. I wonder how many people here have even seen Kino's Journey...

Anyway, Cyra seems nice, although we haven't seen that much of her yet. Hope we can get back to her soon.

Netrogo

Don't die. Breath frequently. Bathe occassionally. Blink from time to time. Etc, for those tid bits of conversation ending advice when you can't think of anything actually useful to say.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Garsemor

Well, guessing from Dan's responses I'd think he might reconsider starting to like being a cubi and he might actually start to learn.
One of the things that might have actually scared Dan, into not wanting to be a cubi, was Aaryanna's constant pressure and attitude. If you compare Aaryanna's and Cyra's attitude you will find out that they have almost opposite attitudes, so it is possible that rhis was the key to unlocking Dan's listening and thinking brain cells from the small room in Dan's head.