04/27/09 [DMFA #995] - Like a Bandit

Started by Lisky, April 26, 2009, 11:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

well, that is one way to get rid of recalled books

Edit:
Corrected your title. Hope you pay attention.
  -- llearch

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

The_one_who_is_odd

Wildy is such a good money maker :P

Edit:  :< ohhhhh I went from new thread to second post.... now I are sad...

Corgatha Taldorthar

One wonders if at this rate, Wildy will be able to compete with Jyrras on the gross wealth graph.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Madd the Sane

Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

AndersW

Its online, now everyone can read it.

Raiettei

That's the best business plan I've ever heard!

Selling it like it is, and loving every inch of it!

And thanks to this, the phrase "Making out like a bandit" has entered my limited vocabulary.

Should I be worried?

Frigid

If the actual book shows up on torrent sites, I'm going to give Amber a cookie.

Kenway975

Very true. And it's also a very good way of making a profit... but you can usually only do it once as a professional writer. After that publishing companies become much more....  cautious.

DarkAudit

Meh. 4 threads on today's strip. This one has a title that wasn't all memememe postpostpostpost firstfirstfirstfirst, so I'm replying here.

Jyrass has a looks that says "give me a cut, and we'll *really* be bestest buddies again."  :mwaha
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Baal Hadad

Wow, FOUR SEPARATE THREADS for this topic...?   :erk

Anyway, I did wonder what was going to happen to the book when she got them to stop printing....

<.<

>.>

And not surprising that Wildy's reacting that way--like Martin Crane when he tried to return the $40 the bank accidentally gave him on "Frasier"....   :giggle

Madd the Sane

Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Jairus

Heheh, I sense Jyrras might end up getting part of the royalties from this. And Jyrras doesn't seem too threatened by her new profits: either she really can't surpass him, or he's not worried about it and glad of her success. As it is, she'll have a ready-made market for any sequels that might come along.

Also, I love Jy's expression in panel 3.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Baal Hadad

I have a feeling the thread I posted in is going to get deleted, so I might as well post it here since this one's the most likely to stay.  Seriously not trying to spam.

Quote from: Baal Hadad on April 26, 2009, 11:38:44 PM
Wow, FOUR SEPARATE THREADS for this topic...?   :erk

Anyway, I did wonder what was going to happen to the book when she got them to stop printing....

<.<

>.>

And not surprising that Wildy's reacting that way--like Martin Crane when he tried to return the $40 the bank accidentally gave him on "Frasier"....   :giggle

EDIT: Okay, maybe I was wrong and the one I originally posted in will be the one that stays....

EDIT: I guess I was right in the first place....

Distracting

So the moral of the story is that if you're short, you will invariably become filthy rich?

Raiettei

Quote from: Distracting on April 26, 2009, 11:41:42 PM
So the moral of the story is that if you're short, you will invariably become filthy rich?

It IS the basis of today's economics, you know.  :U

Kenway975

Quote from: Jairus on April 26, 2009, 11:40:00 PM
Heheh, I sense Jyrras might end up getting part of the royalties from this. And Jyrras doesn't seem too threatened by her new profits: either she really can't surpass him, or he's not worried about it and glad of her success. As it is, she'll have a ready-made market for any sequels that might come along.

Also, I love Jy's expression in panel 3.
I really don't think that she can surpass him any time soon. Keep in mind, Jy owns a (as far as I can tell) really major company. I believe the comparison is that Wildy can now be qualified as "Well off" while Jyrras is qualified as "Rich" as implied by #644 and #951.

joshofspam

But what will she do with all that cash.

Well I guess Wildy could make her own empire to compete with Biggs. Then again I can't really think what Wildy would want. She loves her friends dearly. But I can't see her wanting more money for anything then just having it.

She's ambitious it seems in character and defends her friends viciously. But when it comes to her personal life she has it pretty well hidden and we all know what happened to the photographer who tried to get a little more on her. As well as people who come knocking on her door to ask her questions.

All and all she's one of the most secretive characters I've seen in this comic.

Wildy you rock. :kirby  
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

iownpants

Maybe it's just because she hasn't been around in a while but this page made me realize that Wildy has breasts.
... yeah :blush

e_voyager

yes yes she does but more to the  point she has her friend back and they are cool again. especially since he hasn't been one to call his mom in on this incident.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

bill

Quote from: iownpants on April 27, 2009, 12:13:50 AM
Maybe it's just because she hasn't been around in a while but this page made me realize that Wildy has breasts.

Daymond42

Panel 3 Wildy ought to be a signature pic somewhere.. :D 

And that evil li'l laugh, classic.

techmaster-glitch

Heh heh...Wildy is deliciously devious. That is all I have to say.

insidexml

They should put something like that in business textbooks.

Then the class overall would probably make much more sense.
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

AmigaDragon

From Jyrras' look on the last panel, I don't think he minds too much any more that she's still making money on the book. She however looks a little nervous about the revelation.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: DarkAudit on April 26, 2009, 11:38:42 PMJyrass has a looks that says "give me a cut, and we'll *really* be bestest buddies again."  :mwaha

If so, only as a matter of principle. Recall that Jyrras is _extremely_ wealthy already.

Jer-oh-me

Actually the third panel of the previous comic made me realize this FACT more than ever. Proportionally those have to be DDs.

Jairus

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on April 27, 2009, 01:34:17 AM

Actually the third panel of the previous comic made me realize this FACT more than ever. Proportionally those have to be DDs.

I propose that someone scale Wildy and Fa'Lina to be equal in size, and thus we shall find out who has the larger boobs!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

LionHeart

Quote from: Frigid on April 26, 2009, 11:37:07 PM
If the actual book shows up on torrent sites, I'm going to give Amber a cookie.
That would require Amber to actually write out the entire text of the book, and I for one don't think she has the time or energy to do so...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

e_voyager

Quote from: Jairus on April 27, 2009, 01:52:54 AM

I propose that someone scale Wildy and Fa'Lina to be equal in size, and thus we shall find out who has the larger boobs!

Bad Jairus! don't make me think thought like that now i'll have to write and burn a Wildy / Fa`Lina fan fic just to get it out of my mind.  thanks a lot and good night!
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Ganurath

Quote from: Jairus on April 27, 2009, 01:52:54 AM

This zoom of Wildy makes her comparible to some panels with Fa'lina. They're roughly even, but Wildy's perkier.

*flees much feared bladed weapons*
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY