04/13/09 [DMFA #992] - Angry Abel and Apologetic Aci

Started by Jairus, April 13, 2009, 02:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Wow, Abel's pissed. Really pissed. And apparently Kria/Lorenda got Dan stabilized and back to the Lost Lake Inn. But this looks like it's later in the same day, so it can't be too much later. And hey, it's Wildy! Been a bit since we saw her. She looks really worried.

Also, great sketch, Amber. Love the Gungan. Where does this Jar-Jar hate come from anyway? Anyway, good luck with the t-shirt designs.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

VSMIT

I wanted to see what happened to Regina's room!

Cool Gungan sketch.

@Jairus: I think the Jar-Jar hate came from the fact that he's just a hanger-on.  He really serves almost no purpose in the Star Wars Universe when he is first introduced, and that likely caused people to hate him, since most of the main characters introduced serve a purpose early in their introduction.

jeffh4

Anyone notice that Alexi's and Wildy's dialog could be interpreted easily as "I wish I had been there to help beat the snot out of Dan?"

I know it's not because of their concerned expressions, but the Radio folks will have to be careful about their reading from today's strip!

Not that Wildy would ever anyone to cause Dan harm, of course!. . . . She'd want to do it herself!

jeffh4

Quote from: VSMIT on April 13, 2009, 02:19:03 AM
@Jairus: I think the Jar-Jar hate came from the fact that he's just a hanger-on.  He really serves almost no purpose in the Star Wars Universe when he is first introduced, and that likely caused people to hate him, since most of the main characters introduced serve a purpose early in their introduction.
I disliked Jar-Jar because he seemed to be there to make blatant and crass attempts to jar specific emotional responses from me, the viewer.  I was amazed when Lucas successfully found a dramatically true reason for him by making him responsible for forming the Empire . . . for all the wrong reasons.

Madmann135

Why am I reminded of those 'Mad scientist (try to) kill off spy with elaborate death instruments' moments when I see Fi and Abel?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Kenway975

Quote from: VSMIT on April 13, 2009, 02:19:03 AM
I wanted to see what happened to Regina's room!
My personal opinion is that things like that are best left... unseen so the fans can use their imaginations.

Quote from: jeffh4 on April 13, 2009, 02:21:12 AM
Not that Wildy would ever anyone to cause Dan harm, of course!. . . . She'd want to do it herself!
Very true, but also keep in mind the last time Dan was seriously injured. Wildy was the one who healed Dan. While yes, Wildy does harm Dan on a somewhat consistent basis, they are still friends. All's fun and games while it stays at the bumps, scrapes, and small cuts. From what I can tell, once things get serious (or seriously injured), so does Wildy.

As for Abel... can I say Angry Abel is angry? And somehow, I feel like Fi does deserve that treatment/punishment.

Jairus

Quote from: Madmann135 on April 13, 2009, 02:34:10 AM
Why am I reminded of those 'Mad scientist (try to) kill off spy with elaborate death instruments' moments when I see Fi and Abel?

Or Darth Vader...

Darth Abel: "You have failed me for the last time. Fo!"
Fo: "Yes Lord Abel?"
Darth Abel: "Make ready to follow Dan wherever he goes, and deploy the Aci so that no harm shall come to him. You are in command now, Fo!"
Fo: "Thank you, Lord Abel!"
*Fi disappears back to the Warp-Aci dimension*

AmigaDragon

I see Abel has perhaps slipped enough in his concentration that his back wings have shown, though the head wings are still hidden.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Janus Whitefurr

VrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....

*AIEEEE!*

.....RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr....
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Hellcat

Amber, you are the only one who can make a main characters critical situation funny

Cvstos

"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

ibneko

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on April 13, 2009, 02:09:02 AM
Wow, Abel's pissed. Really pissed. And apparently Kria/Lorenda got Dan stabilized and back to the Lost Lake Inn.

Yes.  A pity we don't know how that happened regarding the Kria/Abel scenario, as it would have been a bit weird and dangerous if Lorenda singlehandedly carried him back.  I guess either Fi finally came to its senses or Kria must have teleported them, because I doubt Lorenda knows how.

And yes, the last frame is win.

QuoteBut this looks like it's later in the same day, so it can't be too much later. And hey, it's Wildy! Been a bit since we saw her. She looks really worried.
Oh, oh.  That could be interesting when she finds out it was Biggs who sent him to his doom.

EDIT:

Abel has every right to be pissed.  He may or may not have some tie or alliance with Dan's family,  but more immediately, if Dan dies on his watch, Fa'Lina is liable to dangle him over the blender too.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Terrion

Well, to be fair to Fi, Fi was coming down off of a bender at the time, so Fi might have... forgotten... a few instructions. And there were sandwiches too!

Although they had better have been pretty darn good sandwiches...   :mowcookie

Naldru

Of course Wildy is upset about not being there and missing out on events.  You have to remember that her way of healing Dan is to hit other people with a stick.  Just imagine how she's going to feel when she hears about Regina.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Jasonrevall

Poor Fi, I hope he doesn't get blended. I know what it is like to be add and food is nearby, you forget things quick.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 13, 2009, 05:12:42 AMEDIT:

Abel has every right to be pissed.  He may or may not have some tie or alliance with Dan's family,  but more immediately, if Dan dies on his watch, Fa'Lina is liable to dangle him over the blender too.
Forget Fa'Lina. What about destania?
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jack McSlay on April 13, 2009, 07:29:14 AM
Forget Fa'Lina. What about destania?
Fa'Lina (who is, I think, more than capable of taking Dee down any day) sent Abel out of the Academy for the express purpose of guarding Dan, a task which he very nearly failed hard at, by relying on Fi not to screw things up.  I don't know to what extent Fa'Lina was able to predict this, given that it took place outside the Academy, but I imagine she is going to be less than happy at what happened, even though Dan appears to have survived.

Dee personally sent Dan to tackle DP alone, knowing full well that he could quite possibly fail and die.  (To what extent this was her being 'in character' for Biggs is unclear.  She may possibly have done this as a life lesson, e.g. "Get back to SAIA where it's safe, you nitwit")

However, while she probably would take DP out of the equation for good and all if Dan died, she can't blame Abel for this because she knew full well that the two of them were separated at the time.  And hell, Abel would have stopped her little game pretty sharpish if he was around.

Jer-oh-me

O thonk thi riesun wi git Abel biong e sucoupeth on thi lest fremi os dai tu thi niid fur sume holeroty, elsu noci tu sii Wildy egeon. O hed biin thonkong O mossid her entocs.

Since no one else thought this was as amusing as I did...

I think the reason we got Abel being a sociopath in the last frame is due to the need for some hilarity, also nice to see Wildy again. I had been thinking I missed her antics.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on April 13, 2009, 08:01:13 AM
O thonk thi riesun wi git Abel biong e sucoupeth on thi lest fremi os dai tu thi niid fur sume holeroty, elsu noci tu sii Wildy egeon. O hed biin thonkong O mossid her entocs.

Rule 8, please...

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 13, 2009, 08:02:40 AM
Quote from: Jer-oh-me on April 13, 2009, 08:01:13 AM

Rule 8, please...

Sorry, that was actually spelled right, just... well next vowelled.

Boredom strikes from the side.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on April 13, 2009, 08:21:19 AM
Sorry, that was actually spelled right, just... well next vowelled.

I think you'll find it still counts as 'encoded'.  Without knowing the key, I managed to work out the gist of most of it but not all of it...

EDIT:  Ah, translation.  Thanks.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 13, 2009, 05:12:42 AM
..And now I have an image of a giant Fa'Lina holding Abel over an equally giant blender. :T

EDIT:

..I am so drawing it. :B

Angel

Hee hee hee hee hee hee! I knew at some point he was gonna find out and choke a 'Ci... heee.

I never noticed how Wildy's bangs curled like that before ... from the side it looks cool. Also, her climbing up onto the counter is cute.

And your Gungan is really well-drawn, Amber. I don't judge, they're probably a really fun race to play. :3
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Paladin Sheppard

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 13, 2009, 08:48:23 AM
..And now I have an image of a giant Fa'Lina holding Abel over an equally giant blender. :T

EDIT:

Doooooooooo Ettttttttt >:3

The_one_who_is_odd

Hooray wildy is back which means my fear that she was dropped or killed is gone.  :bunny

JackTheCubiWolf

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on April 13, 2009, 09:18:45 AM

EDIT:

Doooooooooo Ettttttttt >:3
I completely agree. DOOOOOOOOO ETTTTTTTT! 0o0
Quote from: Naldru on April 13, 2009, 06:20:21 AMJust imagine how she's going to feel when she hears about Regina.

Yeah, because in Regina's Bio, it said she was most know for almost killing Wildy. She is going to be very mad that she missed get her chance to get revenge.
I'm back, and tired.

Ren Gaulen

EDIT:

I have drawn it:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/RentheKnight/Iforgiveyou.png

demecowen

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 13, 2009, 07:54:58 AM
Dee personally sent Dan to tackle DP alone, knowing full well that he could quite possibly fail and die.  (To what extent this was her being 'in character' for Biggs is unclear.  She may possibly have done this as a life lesson, e.g. "Get back to SAIA where it's safe, you nitwit")

My theroy, 
1 part distraction to keep Dan for looking Dee, if Dan found out why Dee is in hiding he might do the same thing he did in twinks and charge in hot-headed to save his father from the dragons and I doubt they are as forgiving as Biggs would have been.

2 part stoping DP from returning to life, Biggs try to stop DP from returning and failed Dan has a few wins agains DP, logical anyone who could stop DP would be Dan.   

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 13, 2009, 07:54:58 AM
However, while she probably would take DP out of the equation for good and all if Dan died,

Why you think that I don't know, since she can't even step out Twinks.

As for todays comic
I am interested to who told Alexis that Dan got hurt was it Kira or Loranda? Would Loranda have to tell her relationship with DP and Regina. 

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 13, 2009, 10:02:45 AM

EDIT:

I have drawn it:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/RentheKnight/Iforgiveyou.png
You are evil. And hilarious.