04/11/09 [DMFA #990] - Easily bored....

Started by The_one_who_is_odd, April 11, 2009, 02:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_one_who_is_odd

Well finally we see that DP is gonna be okay after like a week... oh well it was worth the wait. you would think Regina wouldn't be so easy to bore being a demon and all

LoneHowler

perhaps that's what get demons in trouble, they get bored so go out and cause havoc for their entertanment
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

The_one_who_is_odd

Quote from: LoneHowler on April 11, 2009, 02:26:30 AM
perhaps that's what get demons in trouble, they get bored so go out and cause havoc for their entertanment
Now that I think about it I think that is how Kria is

Madmann135

an entire race with ADHD and a tendency to violence...
I can see my paychecks rolling in for demon slaying.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Kenway975

Quote from: LoneHowler on April 11, 2009, 02:26:30 AM
My guess is there are two main types: get bored so they go out and wreck havoc (Regina, probably Kria to a certain degree), and plotters who normally do things in a very planned and precise manner(DP being a prime example).

The_one_who_is_odd

Quote from: Kenway975 on April 11, 2009, 02:45:45 AM
My guess is there are two main types: get bored so they go out and wreck havoc (Regina, probably Kria to a certain degree), and plotters who normally do things in a very planned and precise manner(DP being a prime example).
*Nodding head furiously* yep that sounds pretty reasonable although that could fit any race if you ask me

Baal Hadad

I can identify with Regina there....  I don't like her much but I can identify with her in this comic....

VSMIT

Attention span of a gnat!

I'm having flashbacks to Abel...

The_one_who_is_odd

heh heh what if Abel and Regina had a kid there would be no attention span at all...  :mowcookie

Hellcat

Howl

I noticed that shirt looks better on how now. I guess last time I mentioned it, it was because the view was right up in her face.

EDIT: I noticed the A Link to the Past reference in the rant.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Two main types that we've seen so far. Out of one family. Of four people. One of whom is atypical.

Not a small sample size at all, is there. Nor a likelyhood that the ones we've seen are, well, y'know, like each other because they're related or something...

/sarcasm
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Anyone thing any of it actually has sunk in?  Like the fact that they've seemingly killed Destania's child, which she probably won't like?  Or that if Dan does survive this he's going to be even more mad at them both and considerably better prepared next time?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Noone

Considering how Regina normally behaves... probably not.

Jairus

Oh, Regina Regina Regina. It it just me, or is is becoming more and more apparent that she's screwed if she ever makes it to the real world at this point?

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 11, 2009, 05:12:14 AM

Two main types that we've seen so far. Out of one family. Of four people. One of whom is atypical.

Not a small sample size at all, is there. Nor a likelyhood that the ones we've seen are, well, y'know, like each other because they're related or something...

/sarcasm
Actually... now that I think about it, have we even met any angels in DMFA? I mean, I know we've only seen five dragons (one in a non-canon arc), so I know this idea of dragons all being a bunch of jerks isn't totally backed up by the comic due to the small sample size. For that matter, aside from the creature council, have we ever seen a Mer or Insectis? Have we ever seen a Were in-comic? That's weird: thanks to the Demonology pages, we know about a bunch of Races that really haven't shown up.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on April 11, 2009, 08:48:13 AM
Have we ever seen a Were in-comic? That's weird: thanks to the Demonology pages, we know about a bunch of Races that really haven't shown up.

If we have, we might not know...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Buhamet

When it comes down to the other races, Amber might have just forgotten to include them as of yet (or just hasn't seen a reason for them to appear) or could be saving them for future plotlines

Corgatha Taldorthar

Odd, that we have a "moments later" heading on the first and third panels IIRC, we haven't seen such time framers before. She usually simply allows for the context to establish time. Does anyone think they were necessary/superfluous/useful/distracting/whatever here?  The internal jury is still deliberating over here.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

GabrielsThoughts

Dan, like Al, has been dead before and risin from the grave. Cannon or not, if Dan bites the big one He will come back to "smite him so far past heaven and hell that he'll come back as puss." <----Now that's puss, as in the bacteria in pimples not puss, like puss in boots.

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

insidexml

How long is a 'moments later,' anyway?
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

Attic Rat

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on April 11, 2009, 12:34:45 PM
Dan, like Al, has been dead before and risin from the grave. Cannon or not, if Dan bites the big one He will come back to "smite him so far past heaven and hell that he'll come back as puss." <----Now that's puss, as in the bacteria in pimples not puss, like puss in boots.

I like the quote, where'd you get it?
Oh, yeah - that nasty yellowish goo is "pus", not "puss".
If you had an infected cat now... Okay, not going there.
:januscat  :januscat   :januscat  :januscat  :januscat  :januscat :link

Will Regina remember to bring Aliph food and water while he's regenerating, or is the process so fast that it won't be needed?
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

AmigaDragon

Quote from: insidexml on April 11, 2009, 12:55:49 PM
How long is a 'moments later,' anyway?

Just long enough for a goldfish (or Dory in Finding Nemo) to remember her previous comment. :mowhappy
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

mopman

Well she is evil and childish and short sighted and has zero attention span so why , oh why , do I still think she is cute ???  :U
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

MT Hazard

Quote from: mopman on April 11, 2009, 02:16:08 PM
Well she is evil and childish and short sighted and has zero attention span so why , oh why , do I still think she is cute ???  :U

Glutton for punishment with bad taste in women?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

joshofspam

Quote from: Jairus on April 11, 2009, 08:48:13 AMActually... now that I think about it, have we even met any angels in DMFA? I mean, I know we've only seen five dragons (one in a non-canon arc), so I know this idea of dragons all being a bunch of jerks isn't totally backed up by the comic due to the small sample size. For that matter, aside from the creature council, have we ever seen a Mer or Insectis? Have we ever seen a Were in-comic? That's weird: thanks to the Demonology pages, we know about a bunch of Races that really haven't shown up.

Oh we did see Angels when going to talk with about DP way back in the first mission we saw to fight DP. They were the guy on the chair who was presented by the other angel as a wise and all knowing person, while actually being scared of the room and his assistant. I guess the woman angel was actually the person with all the brains and he was just the window dressing. Just like what Amber said angels use usually more under the table methods to acquire their power. Then again it might be an entirely different reason for that situation.

As for the others. I haven't seen any others of those particular races except in the counsel.
I think even a Were might have been present in the counsel meeting.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Zedd

Someone give her a coloring book and a few crayolas crayons and she will be set!  

jeffh4

Quote from: mopman on April 11, 2009, 02:16:08 PM
Now we can all see why Amber kept Regina around.  The comic potential of an immature, easily bored teenage girl is just limitiless!. . . . As long as you're not the one living with her.

I don't envy DP.

joshofspam

Ah, but I bet when playing through kindergarten the demons are a tough act to clean after when they can probably toss twice their wait around.

I wonder if a teacher gets hazard pay when they get a demon in their class. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

The_one_who_is_odd

Quote from: jeffh4 on April 11, 2009, 03:20:00 PM
I don't envy DP.

I dont think anyone does and not just because he lives with Regina

Quote from: joshofspam on April 11, 2009, 03:28:13 PM
I wonder if a teacher gets hazard pay when they get a demon in their class. :P

Should i ask my kindergarten teacher? She thought I was a demon  :mowsmile

Michael Chandra

Quote from: joshofspam on April 11, 2009, 03:16:16 PMI think even a Were might have been present in the counsel meeting.
Officially not. "To this date there isn't even a Were on the Creature-Being council." Unless you assume there's a disguised one in the council.