03/19/09 [Abel 2 #49] - Revenge is a dish best served by a hot Sucubus

Started by Jairus, March 19, 2009, 01:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draken

Heh.  Leo.  Dumb as a brick, twice as funny.

Now given that how Destania is talking here, is it possible that the "Edward kills Aniz" theory might be thrown out the door? 
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Mao

Quote from: Draken on March 19, 2009, 09:52:25 AM
Heh.  Leo.  Dumb as a brick, twice as funny.

Now given that how Destania is talking here, is it possible that the "Edward kills Aniz" theory might be thrown out the door? 

Unlikely, still has one or two legs to stand on.  Remember two things here:  1)Edward is an adventurer (or ex-one) and 2) He married Destania.  Most men will go to great lengths for the women they love.

Draken

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 19, 2009, 09:54:04 AM

Unlikely, still has one or two legs to stand on.  Remember two things here:  1)Edward is an adventurer (or ex-one) and 2) He married Destania.  Most men will go to great lengths for the women they love.

True, but she also mentioned that she wanted to destroy the soul.  Doesn't one have to be right there when it happens?     Again, there is credence in the fact that there was a few months between meeting and marriage, but still.

AAlso have to consider the years past, and given Abel's thoughts about her, MAYBE that's one of the reasons that he doesn't like her (how she destroyed Aniz I mean)....
Go get'em, Jy!

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Jigsaw Forte

Left Field Theory Warning:

Has it occurred to anyone that Abel has a definite disincentive to harm Aniz?

As such, he may realize that Destania's offers of revenge may even be something he wants to discourage, just in case Aniz assumes Abel's in on it and makes good on said threats?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on March 19, 2009, 10:10:12 AM
Has it occurred to anyone that Abel has a definite disincentive to harm Aniz?

Ooo, good catch.  Though one way of looking at it is that he just needs to convince her to postpone it for 50 years or so until she (May) is guaranteed to be dead...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Draken

Aw crud, nearly forgot about that....although...
It kinda helps the "Edward did not Kill Aniz" idea.

Think about it?  Abel could not only be mad at Destania for the terrible things she did/does to aniz, but also for being the potential catalyst for his mother's death.   That would also fuel Fa'Lina's falling out with her (I think there's one, I'm not sure), and Destania's attitude change of the next 300+ years.
Go get'em, Jy!

Aganerral

Well, there still has to be something that makes Abel care that Dan is Edward Ti'Fiona's son...Ink pushed that specific button for a reason, when he could have said 'Destania's son' just as easily.  Even if it wasn't common knowledge at SAIA that Dee had married Edward (otherwise Aary would have known), Fa'lina's file on Dan would surely have included that info.

So just to posit a theory...Edward's involvement with Destania turned her away from pursuing Aniz, and Abel is in some way glad for that?

Buhamet

Is it possible to count the possible argument that Aniz is killed by Destania AND Edward while Dan is very young?

it'd mean Destanita fulfils her vow and would give a reason for Abel to react to Ink's mentioning of Ti'fonia during the SAIA arc

Turnsky

you know, there's also every potential that Fa'lina offs Aniz herself, if he is even dead by the time the main continuity comes around..

Either way, the whole "Aniz betrayed me" kinda puts the whole "Aniz is Edward" arguement in an urn, encased in concrete, and stored with spent nuclear fuel rods, dunnit?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Buhamet

Quote from: Turnsky on March 19, 2009, 11:47:10 AM
you know, there's also every potential that Fa'lina offs Aniz herself, if he is even dead by the time the main continuity comes around..

Either way, the whole "Aniz betrayed me" kinda puts the whole "Aniz is Edward" arguement in an urn, encased in concrete, and stored with spent nuclear fuel rods, dunnit?

Hadn't considered that, and it gives a reason for Destania leaving SAIA. Then again, there are many reasons for Destania leaving SAIA.

(also, side note: your comic rocks)

Tapewolf

Sorry, no.  We've already been through that a couple of weeks ago.  Want me to find the reference?

EDIT: here

To summarise, this revelation wipes out the original theory that Destania spared Edward because he was Aniz.  No question of that, and I'll probably have to update the wiki page.

IMHO, it reinforces the argument that 298 depicts Destania finally catching up with him.  Indeed, if the theory wasn't already around I'd likely be making the connection myself by now.  The odd piece out is the 'laws' line, but that's never made any sense anyway.

Buhamet

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the clan marking is the ONLY thing that cannot be hidden by shape shifting, correct? I'm checking comics because something in my mind is just niggling me about it

Tapewolf

Quote from: Buhamet on March 19, 2009, 11:59:00 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the clan marking is the ONLY thing that cannot be hidden by shape shifting, correct? I'm checking comics because something in my mind is just niggling me about it

I'm not sure we know that, actually.  The marking can't be shapeshifted away, that's true, though it can be covered up and presumably painted over.  It's unclear whether shapeshifting your hair long to cover the clanmark on the back of your neck would work.

I don't know that the clanmark is the only thing that can't be replaced, but it's the only one we know of.

Buhamet

mmmm (this may just sound weird, but bear with me)

I've been looking at comics 297-299, where destania randomly blunders into Lost Lake

from what I can see, Edward can't be Aniz, due to the angles from where Destania is, along with the general (lack of) clothing of Edward. Aniz's clan marking is on his left arm, which was uncovered in 297 meaning people could see it if ed was Aniz........ later on, I admit there was usually a bangle or braclet covering that bit, but hey, if they had Dan they must have seen enough of each other to know who was who

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 19, 2009, 11:52:30 AM
Sorry, no.  We've already been through that a couple of weeks ago.  Want me to find the reference?

to summarise, it wipes out the original theory that Destania spared Edward because he was Aniz.  No question of that, and I'll probably have to update the wiki page.

IMHO, it reinforces the argument that 298 depicts Destania finally catching up with him.  Indeed, if the theory wasn't already around I'd likely be making the connection myself by now.  The odd piece out is the 'laws' line, but that's never made any sense anyway.

there's prolly a few questions that'd put some nails in its coffin, like for example, Alexsi.. she happens to be Ed's daughter from another marriage.. the Lack of Alexsi not mentioning Abel's clan marking -at all- i could go on all night, but it's 3 am, my hot chocolate's nearly out, and i'm sleepy.

Either way, if all these supposed theories hold true, Dan has one -hell- of a messed up family lineage.. nobody's thought of another possibility, considering people are (if memory serves) basing all this on the supposed fact that Edward resembles Aniz..

They're related.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Buhamet on March 19, 2009, 12:06:05 PM
I've been looking at comics 297-299, where destania randomly blunders into Lost Lake
We don't know it's random.  Amber suggested that she was faking her injuries, though she could just be toying with us.
If true, that again suggests the idea that she was stalking Edward himself for whatever reason.

Quotefrom what I can see, Edward can't be Aniz, due to the angles from where Destania is, along with the general (lack of) clothing of Edward. Aniz's clan marking is on his left arm, which was uncovered in 297 meaning people could see it if ed was Aniz........ later on, I admit there was usually a bangle or braclet covering that bit, but hey, if they had Dan they must have seen enough of each other to know who was who

Again, we've covered this.  Among random Beings, they have no reason to suspect that it's anything other than a tattoo.
EDIT: Also, word of it may have spread to Biggs' ancestors and thence to Destania, which might even explain her appearance.

Try here.

Quote from: Turnsky on March 19, 2009, 12:11:14 PM
there's prolly a few questions that'd put some nails in its coffin, like for example, Alexsi.. she happens to be Ed's daughter from another marriage.. the Lack of Alexsi not mentioning Abel's clan marking -at all-
Nice catch.  Abel seems to have been wearing shirts for much of the time, but yes.  That may well be an actual, honest flaw in the argument.

QuoteEither way, if all these supposed theories hold true, Dan has one -hell- of a messed up family lineage.. nobody's thought of another possibility, considering people are (if memory serves) basing all this on the supposed fact that Edward resembles Aniz..

They're related.

Could be.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 19, 2009, 12:16:58 PM

Nice catch.  Abel seems to have been wearing shirts for much of the time, but yes.  That may well be an actual, honest flaw in the argument.

of course that brings ludicrous suggestions that Alexsi may be a succubi, and the layer-cake of arguements that'd ensue from that
fact being, Fa'Lina nor Alexsi recognized each other on sight, and one would think the big pink Poodle would know that regardless.
Lack of wings (either sets) and lengthy spiels about what isn't there, blah-de-freaking-blah-blah..

Ergo.. Edward =! Aniz.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on March 19, 2009, 12:23:38 PM
of course that brings ludicrous suggestions that Alexsi may be a succubi, and the layer-cake of arguements that'd ensue from that
Even I don't believe that.

Quotefact being, Fa'Lina nor Alexsi recognized each other on sight, and one would think the big pink Poodle would know that regardless.
I'm not sure what you're getting at there.

QuoteErgo.. Edward =! Aniz.
I think that may be calling it a bit too soon.  You've found a hole, that's all.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 19, 2009, 12:27:36 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on March 19, 2009, 12:23:38 PM
Even I don't believe that.

Quotefact being, Fa'Lina nor Alexsi recognized each other on sight, and one would think the big pink Poodle would know that regardless.
I'm not sure what you're getting at there.
*sigh* If Alexsi was a succubus, wouldn't it stand to fairly good reason that a semi-omnipotent being like Fa'Lina would be able to 'Sense' a Cubi even in a shapeshifted state?
QuoteErgo.. Edward =! Aniz.
I think you may have missed the '???' step  >:3

Therefore, Aniz is not Edward. that is my entire point there.

Buhamet

fair enough points, sorry for dragging up old arguements.

still, the theory is getting slightly annoying now, because people like me seem to keep bring up old arguements, and I'd rather not make myself look like an idiot

Mao

Stop!!  You're ruining all of my Dan and Abel Forbidden love fanfics you fiends!  I've tried so hard to get them together, have them passionately and madly in love only to find out that they are brothers and that their love can never, ever be!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on March 19, 2009, 12:30:55 PM
*sigh* If Alexsi was a succubus, wouldn't it stand to fairly good reason that a semi-omnipotent being like Fa'Lina would be able to 'Sense' a Cubi even in a shapeshifted state?
I honestly don't believe she is a succubus.  Remember, a 'cubi-Being pair does not automatically give you another 'Cubi.

QuoteTherefore, Aniz is not Edward. that is my entire point there.
I still say you're over-eager.  That Alexsi hasn't so far commented on/spotted Abel's clan mark does not constitute sufficient proof IMHO.  It gives me something to think about, another argument against for the wiki, and if she ever does comment about it in-strip it could be very interesting.

EDIT:

Quote from: Buhamet on March 19, 2009, 12:31:37 PM
still, the theory is getting slightly annoying now, because people like me seem to keep bring up old arguements, and I'd rather not make myself look like an idiot
Well, I don't think you're an idiot, you just haven't seen the extent of the arguments.  It can be argued that it's my fault for not adding them to the wiki - the main purpose being that it moves the debate out of the CMF threads.  Which hasn't really worked.

EDIT EDIT:

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 19, 2009, 12:33:46 PM
Stop!!  You're ruining all of my Dan and Abel Forbidden love fanfics you fiends!  I've tried so hard to get them together, have them passionately and madly in love only to find out that they are brothers and that their love can never, ever be!

Doesn't that just make it even more forbidden?   :P

Buhamet

I think that, if anything, Alexsi  might already know what a clan marking is, due to her probably asking Destania why she has one. So, if she saw Abels', she could probably just think "that's his clan marking" and not think any more of it

Amber Williams

I find the speculation amusing. Mainly because I could easily turn it off anytime I wanted to with but a sentence.

The fact I let people argue and throw chairs at eachother over it for my entertainment probably doesn't speak well of my sense of humour.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 19, 2009, 12:43:30 PM
I find the speculation amusing. Mainly because I could easily turn it off anytime I wanted to with but a sentence.
Are you sure you don't want to put it out of its misery?  Come on, you know you want to...

Alondro

*Charline is not surprised at Dstania's thirst for revenge*  After all, she's a feline like me.  We're like that.  And we'll slaughter anyone who happens to be in the way.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Pagan

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 19, 2009, 12:43:30 PM
The fact I let people argue and throw chairs at eachother over it for my entertainment probably doesn't speak well of my sense of humour.

But you have lots of people who read a comic based upon your sense of humor. Those people being us. So what's it say about us then?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 19, 2009, 12:44:27 PM
Are you sure you don't want to put it out of its misery?  Come on, you know you want to...

NEVAH! Writhe! Writhe for me! :U

Mao

Pff, I love watching people fish for information from you, Amber.  Don't ever tell them.

Buhamet

Nah, I enjoy possible theories like these, grants a massive amount of space to think up anything like that

if every theory was able to be proven or disproven in a single post by amber/you (dependant on the person reading the post) then we wouldn't have any fun thinking up mad theories like the Edward-Aniz theory