03/15/09 [DMFA #982] - He has a point

Started by Jairus, March 15, 2009, 02:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Ouch. Oh dear. It would seem that Dark Pegasus knows how to fight Cubi. I think Dan's gonna need a save from Lorenda or Kria.

Offhand... I don't think Destania was expecting this. Unless she's trying to teach Dan that he's not powerful enough and needs to go to SAIA to learn how to control his powers.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Lowde

DP sure has a calm way of fighting... educative as well, it's like if he wanted his adversary to learn something from him...

And I'm expecting a Lorenda's intervention right abooooooout now

Silver Pomeranian Genji

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on March 15, 2009, 02:38:57 AM
Disappointing.

Disappointing, how exactly? I mean, we have three panels of action, we learn more about the Cubi race, and we finally see Dan's clan mark start to manifest.
Mah Boi, this peace is what all true lawyers strive for. Anybody know Moira Gianna's number?

Jairus

Quote from: Silver Pomeranian Genji on March 15, 2009, 02:47:28 AM
Disappointing.

Disappointing, how exactly? I mean, we have three panels of action, we lear more a bout the Cubi race, and we finally see Dan's clan mark start to manifest.
Holy... I think you're right. Nice catch. I just thought that was like a loose feather or something. That is very interesting...

Janus Whitefurr

Disappointing.

Disappointing, how exactly? I mean, we have three panels of action, we lear more a bout the Cubi race, and we finally see Dan's clan mark start to manifest.

Granted it may be a cliffhanger. But still. Hero gets the utter shafting in combat, again. Film at eleven!
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Baal Hadad

OUCH!!

*winces*

What the heck is he DOING, ripping his heart out?!?!?

Slowtini

Erk-  :erk

That was...
Somewhat expected, but still.  :erk

Baal Hadad

My apologies if this is getting annoying, but I like to keep track....

Three more pages to the tie with Chapter 18, four more to the broken record.

So possibly sometime by the end of next week?

Watani

Disappointing.

Disappointing, how exactly? I mean, we have three panels of action, we learn more a bout the Cubi race, and we finally see Dan's clan mark start to manifest.

Took note of that mark when I first saw the comic.  :boogie  Maybe the pain has to do something with it?  Pain is Cyra Clan's trademark emotion.

Zedd

It could be worse..Trust me, FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR worse

tiggertoo

Well Dee knows how hard Dan's head is (in several ways) -- so maybe this is her way of driving home the lesson "You need to go to SAIA and learn how not to get killed you idiot, because you have no idea what you are now and what you can and cannot do". I don't think she'd be too worried about Dan getting killed here though, since he's handled DP several times before as just a being.

I expect Dan to get thrown down by DP (or free himself with his wings with similar results), then Regina will stupidly come over to gloat (this is Regina we're talking about remember) -- and Dan will hammer her smug face again and get a Cubi powerup. He'll be back into the fray then with a bit more caution and control. Nothing like getting your butt handed to you to encourage a little attitude adjustment.

Whoa, hey, missed the bit about his clan mark starting to manifest. Sweet!

Tapewolf

Well, I can't say I'm entirely surprised.  DP was too level-headed about it, and Dan too rash.  I wonder how he's going to get out of this one?  The clan mark is a surprise, though (I missed it too).

Quote from: tiggertoo on March 15, 2009, 03:04:35 AM
I don't think she'd be too worried about Dan getting killed here though, since he's handled DP several times before as just a being.

The interesting thing is that Kria knows how to resurrect people (and the problem of 'not all of him comes back' probably doesn't apply if Dan is only clinically dead rather than a few days out of date.  She might still be able to extract payment from him yet.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Baal Hadad

Well Dee knows how hard Dan's head is (in several ways) -- so maybe this is her way of driving home the lesson "You need to go to SAIA and learn how not to get killed you idiot, because you have no idea what you are now and what you can and cannot do". I don't think she'd be too worried about Dan getting killed here though, since he's handled DP several times before as just a being.

Ahem....

...but then he had his magical robe, which he no longer does....

<.<

>.>

LoneHowler

I saw the clan marking appering and I rushed here to post about it but we have a sharp eyed bunch here.
Also I think Watani is on to something but more than that. Dr. Ink told Dan that not only he gets the fear and pain meal but the thrill of battle and fighting for the good of many. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_528.php
So this is a special made feast for Dan. Super powerboost level up
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Baal Hadad

Um....

Where is it...?

*feels sheepish*

Seriously, I can't find the clan marking....

EDIT: Wait, is it that TINY THING on his back in the first panel...?

LoneHowler

Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 15, 2009, 03:11:52 AM
Um....

Where is it...?

*feels sheepish*

right solder little blue spots in a swirly pattren
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better

Baal Hadad

Quote from: LoneHowler on March 15, 2009, 03:12:54 AM
Um....

Where is it...?

*feels sheepish*

Oh.  Then what IS that tiny black thing on his back in the first panel...?

Jairus

Just slowly starting to manifest... one piece at a time... swirling from within the depths of his soul... tying him to his clan and bloodline ever tighter and tighter...

Sorry, felt like being melodramatic.

Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 15, 2009, 03:14:01 AM
Quote from: LoneHowler on March 15, 2009, 03:12:54 AM
Um....

Where is it...?

*feels sheepish*

Oh.  Then what IS that tiny black thing on his back in the first panel...?
Probably just his fur/a bit of shadows. Nothing too important.

Baal Hadad

Anri

I do believe, by the way, that DP is incorrect. Dan's head is still likely the toughest (or at least hardest) part of his body!

Jairus

Quote from: Tikki on March 15, 2009, 03:16:34 AM
I do believe, by the way, that DP is incorrect. Dan's head is still likely the toughest (or at least hardest) part of his body!
So, if DP had tried to stab Dan's head, then Dan would be alright right now! Or dead. One of the two.

inuhanyo

DP is ahead, but note that the first two panels show that DP's wings have taken injury from Dan's wing tentacles.  The left wing looks like it's been cut to the bone.

Now, Dan can use his own pain, will it be enough?

And does Dan's beginning to manifest clan mark mean he's on the threshold of another level up?

Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 15, 2009, 03:10:26 AM
Ahem....

<.<

>.>

Dee surely didn't miss that.

Quote from: LoneHowler on March 15, 2009, 03:10:50 AM
I saw the clan marking appering and I rushed here to post about it but we have a sharp eyed bunch here.
Also I think Watani is on to something but more than that. Dr. Ink told Dan that not only he gets the fear and pain meal but the thrill of battle and fighting for the good of many. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_528.php
So this is a special made feast for Dan. Super powerboost level up
Fear, as such, isn't an emotion Dan has any special affinity for.   But the rest.... oh yeah, Dan affinities are practically optimized for battle.

LoneHowler

I can see afterward Dan seeing out and enrolling in classes teaching how to use your wings in combat. Although considering Saia he may not like the practice models
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_386.php

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on March 15, 2009, 03:17:47 AM
So, if DP had tried to stab Dan's head, then Dan would be alright right now! Or dead. One of the two.
Slicing through his ribcage with diamond claws is probably not going to do much good either.  Though I notice DP isn't exactly unscathed either.  Dan's ripped into both his wings, the second panel is actually quite 'Ewww!'

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Teh_Hobo

Hmm. I seem to recall much discussion on the whole demons being able to make their skin diamond hard etc etc. Is DP not doing this on purpose? Or did the attack catch him that much off guard? Cause jeeze, you can see bone in panel 3. The detail in these comics is amazing. Now i look at my drawings and just hang my head in shame.
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

Jairus

Quote from: Teh_Hobo on March 15, 2009, 03:23:08 AM
Hmm. I seem to recall much discussion on the whole demons being able to make their skin diamond hard etc etc. Is DP not doing this on purpose? Or did the attack catch him that much off guard? Cause jeeze, you can see bone in panel 3. The detail in these comics is amazing. Now i look at my drawings and just hang my head in shame.
Or Cubi tentacles can become sharp enough to cut diamond. Which would be awesome. And regarding the drawing thing... welcome to my world. Though, to be fair, Amber is well practiced at this by now.

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 15, 2009, 03:22:11 AM
Quote from: Jairus on March 15, 2009, 03:17:47 AM
Slicing through his ribcage with diamond claws is probably not going to do much good either.  Though I notice DP isn't exactly unscathed either.  Dan's ripped into both his wings, the second panel is actually quite 'Ewww!'
I was kinda joking with my comment there. But Dan seems to be giving pretty well, at least until the third panel.

tiggertoo

Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 15, 2009, 03:10:26 AM

Ahem....

<.<

>.>
Well, the last time Dan and DP threw down, Dan tossed off his robe for the final showdown. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_154.php

Of course, the results from that were sorta mixed, to say the least (though neither were using magic in the final fight - so the robe probably wouldn't have mattered one way or the other). Still, he's got some extra advantages this time, if he just cools off a bit and uses them properly, along with his adventurer skills.

Cogidubnus

My my. Is that bone I see on DP's arm? Nasty cut.

I hope that's not his thumb in Dan's heart, though.

Hellcat

Cyra clan symbol! We're gonna see magic! YAY!