11/10/08 [DMFA #950] - House rules

Started by Naldru, November 10, 2008, 01:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

At least she allows him to keep his pants.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

superluser

Why would she care about the shoes?

...actually, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a very practical reason for that.  It *is* just the sort of thing Amber would do.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Turnsky

you gotta admit her persistence, i wonder when Abel'll turn up to make things extra awkward.. >.>

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Dagardo

I'm surprised she let him keep anything. Especially the way she was just a few strips ago. And if Fi hasn't gone to get Abel Like it should have he may not show up

superluser

Quote from: Dagardo on November 10, 2008, 01:22:22 AMI'm surprised she let him keep anything. Especially the way she was just a few strips ago. And if Fi hasn't gone to get Abel Like it should have he may not show up

Prolly needs Dan's permission to leave.

demecowen

The sad part is that rule is believable since DP doesn't wear shirt or shoes.

But the question is now does that apply to only male or does go for female as well. :mwaha

Dagardo

Quote from: superluser on November 10, 2008, 01:27:55 AM
Quote from: Dagardo on November 10, 2008, 01:22:22 AMI'm surprised she let him keep anything. Especially the way she was just a few strips ago. And if Fi hasn't gone to get Abel Like it should have he may not show up

Possibly, but I don't think Dan really cares, and seeing as how here Abel said hes told Fi to tell him if Dan does anything stupid, And Fi may have gotten Abel then if it wasn't so easily distracted. Course Fi may just have forgotten all together. Who knows.

Valynth

Quote from: Naldru on November 10, 2008, 01:11:41 AM
At least she allows him to keep his pants.

I second that emotion.  No man should be in public without a good set of pants.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

superluser

Quote from: Valynth on November 10, 2008, 01:32:39 AMNo man should be in public without a good set of pants.

This rule apparently does not apply to the Legion of Doom.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Turnsky on November 10, 2008, 01:19:55 AM
you gotta admit her persistence, i wonder when Abel'll turn up to make things extra awkward.. >.>

About as persistent as Longtail, really... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

senrath

I wonder, is Kria observing her own "rule"?  I mean, she isn't technically wearing a shirt, but we can't see her feet to confirm or deny the presence of shoes...

Edit: And I absolutely love Lorenda's expression in the last panel.

Tezkat

Quote from: senrath on November 10, 2008, 02:10:07 AM
I wonder, is Kria observing her own "rule"?  I mean, she isn't technically wearing a shirt, but we can't see her feet to confirm or deny the presence of shoes...

Kria never wears shoes. She's got hooves. (Unless, of course, she's got horseshoes... :animesweat)

Lots of Creatures go barefoot in Furrae. Many Beings do too, come to think of it.
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

senrath

Quote from: Tezkat on November 10, 2008, 02:58:31 AM
Quote from: senrath on November 10, 2008, 02:10:07 AM

Kria never wears shoes. She's got hooves. (Unless, of course, she's got horseshoes... :animesweat)

Lots of Creatures go barefoot in Furrae. Many Beings do too, come to think of it.

Ah, good point.  Just ignore me, then :)

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Dagardo

I somehow think she's making up this policy of hers, although I can understand the no shoes rule. It could simply be to keep the place clean, seeing as how he was walking around outside with them, his feet are probably cleaner than those slipper things he's wearing. She could be telling him to take off his shirt just to see him shirtless. :3

Reese Tora

Quote from: Dagardo on November 10, 2008, 01:31:56 AM

Possibly, but I don't think Dan really cares, and seeing as how here Abel said hes told Fi to tell him if Dan does anything stupid, And Fi may have gotten Abel then if it wasn't so easily distracted. Course Fi may just have forgotten all together. Who knows.

Technically spekaing, Dan hasns't done anything really stupid yet. (accepted an invitation to enter, yes, but...)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Dagardo

Quote from: Reese Tora on November 10, 2008, 03:41:53 AM
Quote from: Dagardo on November 10, 2008, 01:31:56 AM

Technically speaking, Dan hasn't done anything really stupid yet. (accepted an invitation to enter, yes, but...)

True, unless you count Dan almost getting his ass canned by Dee (Biggs if you prefer) but Fi was drunk then so I guess Fi really couldn't go get Abel, at least not without teleporting to a hundred different places that aren't Lost Lake in the process.

Jer-oh-me

I have a Kria range crude mother. The memory that sticks out involved her remarking, upon my donning a somewhat flattering pair of Jeans, "Jer! You have an #*%!!" nickname has been changed to attenuate the embarrassment of the involved. I've since established my resolution to only wear khakis or slacks.

As to Kria's wish to see Dan dance naked in the moonlight of the winter solstice, let's remember that this is a PG comic & thread. Besides, you've seen one set of male reproductive organs your mind can probably color in the details.

And that, is all I've to say about that.

Ganurath

Wait a tick, if there's a no shirt policy, why isn't everyone topless?! You'd think Kria would at least lead by example.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Dagardo

Quote from: Ganurath on November 10, 2008, 04:40:22 AM
Wait a tick, if there's a no shirt policy, why isn't everyone topless?! You'd think Kria would at least lead by example.

Like Jer-oh-me just said, PG rated.

Eagle0600

Yet very good at alluding to non-pg subjects.

Jer-oh-me

Yeah, I felt the need tighten the calibration of the thread's moral compass. As to Fi's comical TUI (kinda like DUI) I think that'd make an excellent guest comic plot. As to Kria leading by example perhaps, she's already down to her topside danties. Something akin to the "Hi There" filler image a while back, though probably still wearing at least a sarong. Plus she'll probably wish for Dan to witness Lorenda's wings. Of course she said "shirt" not "blouse" or "top", & only wait to point this out once Lorenda unfurls here wings. No that's not what I meant, pervert.

Allusion to said subjects is all I'm comfortable with, besides that's allowed. Moral disapproval to direct mention through indirect mention is a long standing precedent.

Elieana

Hey now... A no shoes no shirt? What about pants?? :P I wouldn't mind seeing Dan without pants. Who's with me?? :D

Oh, and I don't think that the "no shirt" policy would apply to Kria and Lorenda because, duh, they're in dresses ^^

Eagle0600

Not Jer-Oh-Me, apparently.

Then again, neither am I, but for a different reason.

Dagardo

Quote from: Elieana on November 10, 2008, 06:02:19 AM
Hey now... A no shoes no shirt? What about pants?? :P I wouldn't mind seeing Dan without pants. Who's with me?? :D

Hey as long as it's furry I'll look at it.  >:]

Tapewolf

Quote from: Reese Tora on November 10, 2008, 03:41:53 AM
Technically spekaing, Dan hasns't done anything really stupid yet. (accepted an invitation to enter, yes, but...)
Getting into a fight with Biggstania may possibly not count as stupid on the grounds that Fi probably wouldn't know it was Dee, and it was drunk at the time.  If Abel finds out he may in future instruct Fi to get him as soon as Fi does anything stupid.

However, going off to fight an evil demon who left him clinically dead on their last encounter, at the behest of the local crimelord hardly strikes me as anything but stupid.   I can only conclude that Fi has the attention span of a gnat.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jer-oh-me

Well, Fi probably has the attention span of a low end computer. Practically obsessive, but easily distracted. I doubt he'd seriously forget commitments, but probably suffers selective memory. And his hopped up, caffeine fiend's personality just cements the impression.

Eagle0600

Biggstania? What an interesting way to put it... I like it.

superluser

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 10, 2008, 06:49:23 AMBiggstania? What an interesting way to put it... I like it.

I was thinking that, myself.  Sort of like Woodstein

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: superluser on November 10, 2008, 06:52:51 AM
Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 10, 2008, 06:49:23 AMBiggstania? What an interesting way to put it... I like it.

I was thinking that, myself.  Sort of like Woodstein

I suppose the old adage "Attached at the Hip." doesn't quite suit them does it? Destania is probably one hell of a lieutenant.