10/24/08 [Abel 2 #33] - Kill Yourself?

Started by Lego3400, October 24, 2008, 12:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lego3400

Wonder who's talking to him? Ink? Fa'lina? Some unknown Cubi? A warp Aci?

Amber Williams

I was so tempted to edit the last panel to the lyric of Fresh Prince.  But then I realized I would be struck by lightning for it.  So I didnt.

CONSIDER YOURSELVES LUCKY.

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 24, 2008, 01:03:09 AM
I was so tempted to edit the last panel to the lyric of Fresh Prince.  But then I realized I would be struck by lightning for it.  So I didnt.

Which Lyric? "Now this is the story all about how my life got flip-turned upside down?" That bit?
... I can remember the lyrics of a show I never liked and barely watched. Help.

In other news, this looks interesting. Is he talking to himself, or is someone talking to him? I can't wait for next weekend.

And good luck with getting everything done, Amber. We're rooting for you!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

superluser

Humm...I get the feeling that we'll know who this is when his or her face is revealed.  It's unlikely to be Aary, for a number of reasons, so who does that leave?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Lego3400

In addition to those I mentioned up in my first post, Destina is all I can think of <.<

Ghostwish

I'm just gonna go for the safe bet and say it's a cubi. :P

skwerly

My first thoughts were "Is he awake or dreaming?  And is that his own dream or another cubi in his head?"  Granted the scenery didn't change, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Gamma

He is rather surprised but if it was somehow Aniz, I think he would be a little more then just eyes wide open.

Even though he may have problems with Destiana and Falina he might still stick around a little bit. He's shown some sympathy for Abel, possibly enough to be this much of an ass and ask right now.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

mopman

I am going out on a limb and saying that we are about to see the reason that Abel gives so much of himself to Dan and possible every other new Cubi that he end up mentoring.

He has seen the darkness now he will be shown the light.
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Ren Gaulen

I somehow expect it to be Destania too.

Tapewolf

My guess is one of the potential roommates Ink was talking about.  Though, depending on whether the door was warded, it might be anyone who 'overheard' him.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Feather Dancer

Well that was a rather rude awakening.

And thanks Amber, now I have the Yugioh Abridged verison of that song in my head now :(
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

superluser

Quote from: Lego3400 on October 24, 2008, 01:23:50 AMIn addition to those I mentioned up in my first post, Destina is all I can think of <.<

Couldn't be Ink.  His bubbles are different (unless Amber is being tricksy with us, Precious).

I'm pretty sure that it's Abel's roommate, so it couldn't be Destania or Fa'Lina.  Warp Aci seem to be rather unusual (or at least as common as the service plan or the extra RAM people try to sell you), so that doesn't seem likely.

That leaves a number of minor `cubi.  Or someone completely unknown, which just seems less likely to my mind.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on October 24, 2008, 05:29:55 AM
Warp Aci seem to be rather unusual (or at least as common as the service plan or the extra RAM people try to sell you), so that doesn't seem likely.

Also, warp-aci have funny speech bubbles as well.

Howl

The question on my mind is "How long will the owner of the voice last?" Because if it's a roommate that hasn't been brought up yet, then his/her numbers might not be high enough to last. (He/she might die)

*Edit* Perhaps you should have some strips done in advance, if you choose to do so, then get them done on your own time, regardless of what you need to do to get it done, and I wouldn't mind if you halt updates to finish the wallpapers.

P.S. With the latest strip at this time, the main arc just got more interesting.

Mao

I wonder if we're going to find out how and why Abel gets rid of so many roomies.  In fact, I may have to take notes.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Minishear on October 24, 2008, 08:19:22 AM
The question on my mind is "How long will the owner of the voice last?" Because if it's a roommate that hasn't been brought up yet, then his/her numbers might not be high enough to last. (He/she might die)

I'm not quite sure I follow what you're saying here, but since the SAIA was set up as a safe haven for young adult 'Cubi, I suspect that students murdering each other is considered a Very Bad Thing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 24, 2008, 08:29:30 AM
I'm not quite sure I follow what you're saying here, but since the SAIA was set up as a safe haven for young adult 'Cubi, I suspect that students murdering each other is considered a Very Bad Thing.

I think it's a reference to this incident...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

or Comedically thown out of the mansion?   :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Howl

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 24, 2008, 08:33:16 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 24, 2008, 08:29:30 AM

I think it's a reference to this incident...

No, I say that due to Hennya Devin, and Xander.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... none of whom were room-mates of Abel.

Do you actually have a point, or are you randomly waffling?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Howl

Llearch, they all got killed. I mean. how long until Abel's roommate winds up dead?

Alondro

It must be...

ABEL'S INNER HOLLOW!!!   D:

Amber could throw any number of twists at us at this point.  We have no choice but to wait and see who the evil one is.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Mao

Quote from: Minishear on October 24, 2008, 08:50:35 AM
Llearch, they all got killed. I mean. how long until Abel's roommate winds up dead?

By whom or what?  You think Abel is going to snap and kill them all?  Or Aniz?  Maybe if you explain your whole line of thought here it will help.

Howl

Quote from: Mowser on October 24, 2008, 09:02:16 AM
Quote from: Minishear on October 24, 2008, 08:50:35 AM

By whom or what?  You think Abel is going to snap and kill them all?  Or Aniz?  Maybe if you explain your whole line of thought here it will help.
I simply expect the new person to die, because why change pace now?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mowser on October 24, 2008, 09:02:16 AM
By whom or what?  You think Abel is going to snap and kill them all?  Or Aniz?
Quite.  It's safe to say that anyone who goes around killing other students is liable to be expelled from the Academy at minimum.  Aniz is unlikely to be able to re-enter the Academy without explicit permission.

I can't rule out a tragic accident that causes him to shun other people out of fear he'll lose them too, but Abel himself is most unlikely to be the culprit.  Among other things, Fa'Lina would have taken precautions if she sensed the slightest possibility of him losing it in that way.

Now, on a different note, it's occurred to me that the visitor might not even be real, in the conventional sense.  He might still be asleep.

Quote from: Minishear on October 24, 2008, 09:04:54 AM
I simply expect the new person to die, because why change pace now?
Because that was part 1 and this is part 2?  :3

Howl

Aside from that, I wanna know what he did to get expelled from the library.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Minishear on October 24, 2008, 09:12:01 AM
Aside from that, I wanna know what he did to get expelled from the library.
Actually, that's outside the scope of the series... Amber offered refunds for anyone who donated on that basis.

Howl

Sunblink

Encyclopedia Dramatica would've loved you for it, though.

I'm not sure if that was something you would have been proud of :c

Now I want to write a parody, but I can't get the rhyming right.