10/06/08 [DMFA #941] - You know, we should have predicted this...

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, October 05, 2008, 07:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

... after all, things are never that simple for Dan, are they? ;-]

"Uncle Aliph" just cracks me up, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

Funny, as soon as I saw this I imagined Dan using Fi send Lorenda away, but that's unlikely to happen, given Dan has probably used up all his competence for the moment.

Also, the first two times? Has Dan killed him before? I know he's thwarted him a few times but did he kill him each of those times?

Edit: Grammar and I have a difficult relationship

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Naldru

I think that they said that Dan killed him on the second encounter.  (The one with the spork incident.)  That also raises the question as to whether Kria knows that Dan is the one that killed Dark Pegasus.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Angel

O____O

Wait... what... bu...

Oh, crap.

So now Dan has to explain that "Biggs" sent him to kill DP (for the third or fourth time), and then of course somehow they'll figure out that it was Dee, and then Dee will have to explain why she wants DP dead, and then goddammit family feuds aren't worth the headache. How many more plot twists like this are we gonna get, anyway? What next, Aniz shows up at Lost Lake and reveals that Abel and Dan are brothers? (Or is that a little TOO far-fetched? Is anything too far-fetched in this comic?)

At the same time, tee-dee-hee-dee-hee-dee-hee. Funtime with awkward and pummelings all around.  >:3
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

MT Hazard

My next prediction is that Dan will ask if Aliph looks like (description of DP)
Lorenda will say, 'oh, do you know him?' Dan will respond 'yes, as dark pegasus, he killed one of my friends' 

Awkward...
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Dagardo

Quote from: Black_angel on October 05, 2008, 07:47:00 PM
Is anything too far-fetched in this comic?

As an answer to that question, all I can say is something I've said before, It's up to Amber... you probably already knew that and I feel like a broken record. And if Dan is going to try and kill DP again I wonder how Kria would react, learning that it's Dans fault hes dead in the first place.

Zedd

Maybe it's always bad when the family comes together like this...

Hellcat

wow.... I had a dream about this happening once... DP being Kria's brother....
What kind of world is this where my dreams become reality?!

Although there was that time I dreamt I was ruler of the universe... This could work

Alterationartist

OH
MAH
GAWD!
That sucks ass.
You know what this means of course:
One way or another, Dan isgoing to have to fight Kria. One way to stop her from reviving DP. Another way after Dan hopefully defeats DP, likely within Kria's sight. A thrid way if or when:
-Dan reveals himself as DP's repeated killer.
-Dan reveals to be sent by Biggs.

It's. Gonna. happen.
Round 9!

Noone

So now Dan has to explain that "Biggs" sent him to kill DP (for the third or fourth time), and then of course somehow they'll figure out that it was Dee, and then Dee will have to explain why she wants DP dead, and then goddammit family feuds aren't worth the headache.
I actually think that Biggs sent Dan there so that Biggs could have him killed, Dan can take Dark Pegasus on his own, but he was beaten by Biggs(though that was more of a brawl than a lethal fight). Still, I think he would be a bit outmatched by D.P, Biggs, and Kria all at once, though I have to wonder what Lorenda would say about this. There aren't *too* many strips with Dan and Lorenda with each other, though it is implied that they are at least friends, hence her giving him some fire essence thingamajig in strip 273. Still, I would imagine if Dan were in that much trouble then Fi would just teleport him out, unless that gets complicated with 3 people trying to kill him.

Tapewolf

Woah.  At least we now know who was resurrecting him.  The 'how' should be interesting, if we get that far.

Ordinarily I'd say that Lorenda and Kria would have a problem with Dan killing 'Uncle Aliph', but they are Demons and Kria - at least - seems to be a traditionalist.  If so, she might just like the fact that Dan keeps slaying him, because it proves he's harder than DP.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Angel

Quote from: Dagardo on October 05, 2008, 07:55:13 PM

As an answer to that question, all I can say is something I've said before, It's up to Amber... you probably already knew that and I feel like a broken record. And if Dan is going to try and kill DP again I wonder how Kria would react, learning that it's Dans fault hes dead in the first place.

Yeah, that was really a rhetorical question.

Here's one that's not: why do you guys think Kria took the dirt, anyway? (Sudden images of Kria with a jar of dirt doing the Jack Sparrow dance) XD
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Noone

Well, quoting from the demonology on Demons...
QuoteBecause of this, most demons don't have a real notion of revenge or vengeance if one of their own kind is slain. After all, by their own belief system, if someone is able to defeat them, that other creature or being is obviously worthy.
Of course, it also says:
Quote. Most demons seem to share a sense of family and will often band together for long periods of time. Even afterwards demons seem to share a lot more close ties to their kin.
If Biggs is invited to the show though, it's certainly plausable that he set him up, considering how Biggs is.. While it says demons don't have a real notion of revenge or vengeance, I'm pretty sure that there is an exception when a demon tries to gauge his own death. It's hard for me to envision the subsequent encounter without a fight, though of course Fi could just get Dan out of there if anything goes horribly.
I also take it from Kria's crankiness that Resurrections are a costly procedure, very few fantasy systems I have seen make such things trivial.  

Dagardo

Quote from: Black_angel on October 05, 2008, 08:43:44 PM
Quote from: Dagardo on October 05, 2008, 07:55:13 PM

Yeah, that was really a rhetorical question.

Here's one that's not: why do you guys think Kria took the dirt, anyway? (Sudden images of Kria with a jar of dirt doing the Jack Sparrow dance) XD

It makes sense now that you mention it, I cant really tell what with this being a forum and all, but like I say, it's Amber's comic, she can do whatever the f*** she wants to it. We have little to no say in the matter. We are simply spectators. As for Kria taking the dirt, I really have no idea.

Naldru

I'm getting a little confused by some of the responses.  Biggs didn't send Dan, nor did Biggs beat up on Dan.  It was Destania disguised as Biggs who did these things.  Also, it should be noted that Kria wanted Biggs to send some goons.  Maybe Kria is getting tired of resurrecting Dark Pegasus and wants Dark Pegasus to stop trying to resurrect the dark god.  (After all, the only person who has been doing any resurrecting is Kria.)

Concerning the idea of Aniz showing up and Dan and Abel learning that they are brothers, that has already been discussed in detail in multiple threads of this forum.  By the way, I have changed my mind concerning the possibility of Devin and Abel being brothers.  If Aniz did have a multiple personality disorder, my arguments against that situation have lost much of their strength.  However, I still have a gut feel that Abel and Devin are not related. With regard to the possibility of Dan and Abel being related, all I can say is that Amber reminds me of some songz by Chubby Checker: "The Twist" and "Let's Twist Again".
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: The1Kobra on October 05, 2008, 08:26:36 PM
So now Dan has to explain that "Biggs" sent him to kill DP (for the third or fourth time), and then of course somehow they'll figure out that it was Dee, and then Dee will have to explain why she wants DP dead, and then goddammit family feuds aren't worth the headache.
I actually think that Biggs sent Dan there so that Biggs could have him killed, Dan can take Dark Pegasus on his own, but he was beaten by Biggs(though that was more of a brawl than a lethal fight).

But remember, the "Biggs" that sent Dan to get DP was really Destania
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Turnsky

bloody hell, i did call it.

Quote from: Turnsky on October 01, 2008, 04:45:35 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 01, 2008, 04:11:30 AM
Ohhhh.   So the horse-eating-a-dragon statue wasn't anything to do with DP.... it's Kria's house?  That makes sense.  She just might have some kind of kinship with DP, both being evil horse demons and all...

i'm guessing either ancestor, or more likely, brother.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

icarus

Quote from: Naldru on October 05, 2008, 08:59:23 PM
...If Aniz did have a multiple personality disorder, my arguments against that situation have lost much of their strength.  However, I still have a gut feel that Abel and Devin are not related. ...

THIS is the latest popular theory?
time to quit the forum again, before manditory beatings with the DSM-IV begin.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm not saying this is probable, but we should at least consider that "Uncle Aliph" is not DP.

We know Destiana disguised as Biggs sends Dan to Address, telling him that it's time to stop DP from being resurrected. Now if Dest has no compunction about hiding her identity from her son, by posing as Biggs, it doesn't seem to far fetched that she'd lie and use a story that is likely to send Dan running thither. I'm not sure what  Destiana could get from getting Dan over there if it isn't DP, but I just wanted to air the possibility that DP won't show up at all. I mean, it brings up things like, why would Biggs (Real biggs, Dest/Biggs?) want to attend DP's resurrection?

Nah, the more I think about it though, the more it seems that DP is Uncle Aliph. Wonder how Dan is going to take this.

P.S. and if this was discussed somewhere else or is a taboo, I'm apologizing in advance. We have statements from Dan and Alexsi that Destiana is "Mom's maiden name" and that it apparantly wasn't used much at wherever they grew up, since Dan isn't familiar with the name. Now Dan isn't a genius, but I don't think he's quite *that* stupid. Which brings to mind what was Destiana called in the Ti'Fiona household, and why she's gone back to using her own name.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Aurawyn

Oh.. Sh!t...

That means Kira.. and DP.. and Lorenda..

Oh my...
I did not see that one coming.. Tho I probably should have the moment Lorenda was there.

Gamma

Hmm. Somehow that eluded me too. But I did get some strange vibe of Kria talking with him in this comic. I tend to over think and don't follow my gut though. The style clothing does match along with the attitude, specially that.

Whoop! Amber updated the Cast pages for Kria and DP! No more guessing!  :U

In Abel's story I wouldn't be too surprised if DP was her instructor back in the day.

Kria is probably expecting Biggs himself to show up to stop the resurrecting, or a high level mook. Destiana may not have been lying about the fouling up his plans.

So more of the spectrum of awkward, how fun!
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Turnsky

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 05, 2008, 10:45:54 PM
I'm not saying this is probable, but we should at least consider that "Uncle Aliph" is not DP.

http://www.missmab.com/Cast/dp.php

http://www.missmab.com/Cast/kria.php

either we're largely ignorant, or amber pulled a fast one on us... i'm going for both... Tricksies, Amber.. Tricksies..  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Ghostwish

Very nicely done Amber, you just keep the heaping servings of awkward coming and coming. XD

Quote from: icarus on October 05, 2008, 10:26:30 PM
...If Aniz did have a multiple personality disorder, my arguments against that situation have lost much of their strength.  However, I still have a gut feel that Abel and Devin are not related. ...

Oh you wouldn't believe it. Bunch of idiots around here have it in their skulls that Aniz managed to kill edward and father Dan. The theory holds water about as well as the titanic keeps it out. It's just a pathetic attempt to find some ground for some even more pathetic fanfics. XD

But Lorenda? Dark P's NIECE? Bwehehehehe!!! That's just too rich.

Naldru

Quote from: icarus on October 05, 2008, 10:26:30 PM

This isn't the latest theory, and I certainly can't say that it's a popular theory.  The number of theories on this forum is roughly the number of readers times two.

Ghostwish, I resemble that remark.  Besides, jumping to conclusions is the only exercise I get.

At least it's not as bad as theory that Aniz was the entire faculty of SAIA (including Fa'lina) using various disguises.    (I think that one was being facetious, but around here you can never be certain.)

Corgatha Taldorthar

More mulling. Either Kria is expecting the Real Biggs, or is expecting someone posing as Biggs (most likely Destiana).

Either way, this real/fake Biggs is almost certainly there to either help or hinder.

If it's Destiana, and it's there to interfere, I can't believe she'd announce her imminent presence. She seems too much of a schemer to do things in a "Grand Style" If it's really Biggs there to hinder, he might be concerned with image enough to announce his coming to stop, but it seems kinda suicidal. Personally, I think Kria or Lorenda would be enough to eat him alive, and somehow I don't think Dan would do much to stop them. If it's some third party imposter, it raises the question of why they would iwant to impersonate Biggs and why they would know about the ressurection at all..

Now, if we assume that whomever is coming, whether it be Biggs or an imposter, is there to help, than obviously the announcing their presence makes sense. Of course, that raises the question as to what these people would be here to do. I'm not sure what's involved in resurrection in Furrae, but it strikes me that you'd need a fair bit of magic. You also might need some sort of legal work, but that's an assumption.

The real Biggs doesn't strike me as much use for actually performing the resurrection, but I do hold that he's on the Creature Council, and might be there to lend some sort of authority/legitimacy to the whole ressurection process, which might ordinarily get some sort of opposition, given who DP is and what he's done.

I don't know what sort of legal standing Destiana has. Probably none. If she's there, it's probably to either aid in the magic department to bring up DP, or as pthe next stage in whatever her plan is for Dan. To me, it's a tossup, maybe a slight leaning to Destiana being there. If it really is Biggs though, you can be sure that Destiana coached him enough so that he doesn't blow her cover as posing for him earlier.

Meh. A longwinded way of saying "I don't really know what's happening!"
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Gamma

Actually I feel dumb. In the very first panel in the very first bubble, Kria asks "Ooh! Who is it honey? Did Biggs finally send some goons?"
So, again I feel dumb. :B
Me and several of us completely skipped that. Probably in our rush to see the rest of the comic and process it's twist. Although I still think that's no excuse.
And some of us have managed to go further and get the impression she's expecting Biggs for help. She hates Biggs as the twink group entity for being late trying to stop her. Gotta even plan for the interruptions.
So yet again, I feel dumb. :<
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Sirius Griffon

Wow, just wow. I so did NOT see that coming Ill admit. *Grins* This can only get better. Well or us anyways. Much, MUCH worse for Dan I fear.

tiggertoo

Heh, poor Dan -- now it's all "teh awkward". It's going to totally throw off his mojo.

Since Destania sent him (as Biggs of course), I'm wondering if the real Biggs knows about any of this yet. She certainly didn't tell Biggs here: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_873.php  However, I couldn't say what Destania's game plan might be if this is so.

Kria may be depending on Biggs to send his goons to stop her to give her a handy free source of sacrifices to do the resurrection spell (assuming it needs such - which seems very likely to me) - or maybe just free snacks (perhaps she always gets hungry when she gets nervous and stressed). Kria leaks the DP resurrection rumor, Biggs sends goons -- sorta like going to the neighbors to borrow some eggs to make a cake.

Lowde

This made me wonder if it was Kria the one with DP in here,
but can't be her because of the fur pattern

GabrielsThoughts

oooh I had it so wrong I though he was related to Lorenda's father
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.