09/26/08 [Abel 2 #30] - Any Outcome Is Possible

Started by Sunblink, September 25, 2008, 10:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

Now this is interesting. Aniz is a loony. >:3

Fa'Lina looks gorgeous in the first panel.

Now I sleep.

Jairus

Wow... a cunning long-range planner and completely insane. Aniz is really screwed up. And Fa'Lina looks so sad. Maybe it's just me, but there's something a little heartwarming about how she is promising to protect May, should Abel say that's what he wants. Even though she acknowledges that it might not work.

So the question is, what will Abel do now? We know that in the long run, he stays at the academy...

... no, he can't go back. The only way May is guaranteed to be safe is if he does what Aniz told him to do for the rest of her life, and stay at the academy until Aniz can no longer hurt her. Going back, even with Fa'Lina's protection, is gambling with her life. Dang.

EDIT: Also, the fact that in his insanity Aniz has become a wild card in Fa'Lina's deck is just a little unsettling.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ghostwish

Well, now beyond wanting to slaughter Aniz quite mercilessly, I now wonder what sent him over the edge? Mayhaps the near-destruction of his clan?

Ragesquid

Most likely.

You know..the more that's mentioned about characters like Aniz and Destania, the more I'm curious about their stories, instead of Abel's. Hm..I'm sure we'll learn a little more about 'em as it(DMFA/Abel's Story) progresses, though..

Cogidubnus

I was wondering how one can masquerade as another person for twenty odd years and not go crazy from pretending to be someone else for so long.

It appears that my question has been answered. :3

Gamma

I was thinking you would have to be crazy to play a part for 24+ years.
That's some damn dedication!

But yeah, that's not too good for anyone if Aniz is really that hard to keep under wraps. :<
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Rafe

Obviously Fa'Lina can see things in Aniz that aren't obvious to others.  This is a nice way of revealing it to the readers.

One wonders just how screwed up Aniz's brain is.  Obviously Fa'Lina has no idea what he might do.

Having semi-omniscient characters sure is great as far as opening up plot possibilities.
Rafe

silentassassin

Well this story makes me feel quite emo. I think I'll go write some depressing poetry.

Dagardo

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 25, 2008, 10:50:43 PM
Aniz is a loony. >:3

Indeed he is. Its a wonder to me how he could stand being someone else for 20 some years else if he isn't. And the fact that Fa'lina cant predict his movements further asserts the fact that he is indeed loony.

Quote from: silentassassin on September 26, 2008, 12:09:59 AM
Well this story makes me feel quite emo. I think I'll go right some depressing poetry.

Good luck with that...

silentassassin

Dagardo

Quote from: silentassassin on September 26, 2008, 12:39:59 AM
Thanks for the support.

You're welcome. :)

And as for Aniz, I now have a reason to slightly like him, that reason being because he is a loony. I like that.  :3

silentassassin

Yes, I always can relate to insane characters.

Dagardo

Quote from: silentassassin on September 26, 2008, 01:38:29 AM
Yes, I always can relate to insane characters.

We all can whether we know it or not (all meaning this whole world). Cuz what I've come to believe is that everyone in this world is insane in some way or another, although some more so than others obviously. Like this one, who is neither Fa'lina or Abel. Though this case is clearly Abel's fault for the reason of him being way too friendly.

Zedd

Any vision seen at least five seconds ahead of time would mostly be a lie...Don't forget it

silentassassin

But, that comic never made sense to me. Since cubi don't sleep why should that one be worried?

Dagardo

Quote from: silentassassin on September 26, 2008, 02:35:47 AM
But, that comic never made sense to me. Since cubi don't sleep why should that one be worried?

A good point. My only guess is that he's one of them that still sleep on a regular basis, as Abel said some will still do... i think. Well yeah technically he did when he said he still slept.

silentassassin

That or the obvious one amber's too lazy to make jokes that make sense.

Dagardo

Point. But lets say that, miraculously she wasn't being lazy.Then maybe we get another explanation that makes sense, I wonder what that one would wind up being. Whatever Amber decides to give us is all I can think of.

silentassassin

So now the question that comes to mind is what is aniz's goal? You don't go this far on insanity. I should know I tried.

Dagardo

Ghostwish mentioned the near destruction of Aniz's clan. other than that I cant find a plausible reason for him to do the things he do. Of course my only way of backing up this theory would be this comic here. I don't see any real reason for him to really want to have 3 kids other than that his clan is dying out, besides the "fun" that comes with it. And if he started going 20 some years without his depth perception I'm pretty sure that already cracked mind of his would go far over the line of insanity. Of course, like everything else on these forums this is just a theory until we hear from Amber. Meh, it's all fun.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dagardo on September 26, 2008, 02:44:37 AM
A good point. My only guess is that he's one of them that still sleep on a regular basis, as Abel said some will still do... i think. Well yeah technically he did when he said he still slept.
My theory on that one is that Abel, deep down, still thinks of himself as a sort of super-Being, not as a 'Cubi... a reasonable enough wish, given that he grew up believing he was a Being.  Other than that, I'd say he's obsessive about maintaining his disguise.
Truth be told, it's a bit of an odd one, because although he seems to eat regularly and supposedly slept (or had a lie-in?) through disco [strip 861], strip 541 implies that he's forgotten how long people usually sleep for.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Well, maybe it's because he doesn't sleep regularly anymore that he's forgotten the average length of a sleep cycle. He sleeps only occasionally, and they are implied to last days or weeks or even years in the case of disco, none of which are "regular" sleep cycles.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Dagardo

Well if he wants to think of himself as a "super-being" then that would be his problem, I don't know how Abel's mind works. But if it only took him 30 minutes to find lint as something fun, then I have to wonder if he may have inherited any of his fathers lack of sanity, or if he just never had a sense of time. It figures to me that you would have to be bored to insanity to find lint fun, or just be downright insane. If he did inherit any of Aniz's insanity lets just hope he doesn't get as bad as Aniz is.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 26, 2008, 04:13:55 AM
Truth be told, it's a bit of an odd one, because although he seems to eat regularly and supposedly slept (or had a lie-in?) through disco [strip 861], strip 541 implies that he's forgotten how long people usually sleep for.

Given he apparently slept in for a week there, I'd say that's only fair...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on September 26, 2008, 04:26:06 AM
Well, maybe it's because he doesn't sleep regularly anymore that he's forgotten the average length of a sleep cycle. He sleeps only occasionally, and they are implied to last days or weeks or even years in the case of disco, none of which are "regular" sleep cycles.

For someone who's so terrified of revealing their 'Cubi heritage, it's going to be a bit of a giveaway that he's not a Being.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

mopman

You know I read through the entire main series before I even discovered the side arcs and I stand in utter amazement.

The main line is comedy-drama-self satire at its very best.

The Abel side arc is heart wrenching drama.

That Amber can pull both off so well at the same time is phenomenal.

Unless of course she happens to be a split personality  :giggle
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Naldru

I'm wondering if Fa'lina is talking about multiple personalities. Perhaps one personality is the loving father and husband Cid while another is the really nasty Aniz.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

silentassassin

Well of course she has split personalities. That's one of the requirements to be insane. And we all know Amber's sanity was broken long ago.

Dagardo

I would think that the "loving father" personality is somewhere inside Aniz given that he didn't whoop up on Abel more than he did (incapacitation of Abel would have helped him out I'm sure). And as for not killing May I also get the idea that letting her live is the "loving husband" personality, and that he is just calling her useless to keep up a tough appearance, at least to some small extent. Aniz, to me, now that I think about it, seems like the kinda guy who wants people to think hes tougher than he really is. And he seems to only mess with those he knows are weaker than him. So really he may just be a coward and a weakling. Compared to those like Fa'lina and those of her power I know he is. He'll just use fear to get his way with anyone weaker than him though.

Anri

No, no, there's no requirements for insanity. There's a fair number of various disorders. One contributer here I think would be a strong obsessive compulsive, hence why he wants, no, needs to work on his plan to such detail. Also would explain why things went so far out of hand when what he wanted went horribly awry.