09/11/08 [Hybrids #12] - Hybrid Genetics: Angel Style

Started by Lego3400, September 10, 2008, 10:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lego3400

Jairus

Wow... that's kind of a bummer. But it's an interesting bummer, nonetheless.

Hehe... I love Fluffy's last line there.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ghostwish

Prft, screw those wingy bastards. Cubi are so much cooler, and less prone to deep plots that ONLY concern themselves.

Die angels die!!

!KCA

How much would the reproductive problems affect beings who just barely have enough angelic ancestry to give them a slight knack for magic?

Zedd

Well this can't be good

Hey James you better get busy there! D:

Jack McSlay

given she has only one wing, you can guess the angel traits are not going well,really
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Cvstos

Well, that sucks. And here I find the Angel race to be one of the more interesting ones. This does nothing to change that but it's STILL a lousy situation.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Alterationartist

Eh. As far as we've seen, they're worthless. Unless Amber adds an angel character in SOMEWHERE, be it villain, new main character, or anything that isn't an extra or a minor/superfluous characters, they can die for all we care. Most of them aren't even making the world any better to be all that honest. So on that biased note:

SUCKS TO BE YOU, YOU WINGED PRICKS!!

"Blunt only works for tools and violence" - Anonymous
Round 9!

Jairus

Okay, I will admit that Angels come across as a bunch of jerks, but does that really mean that we have to wish their race ill? Whatever is happening is serious, and could potentially be a problem to other Races on Furrae. I mean, I'm just saying. Though it could be that part of their problem is that they don't have enough genetic variation from not breeding outside their race...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Alterationartist

HOW???

Like fluffy said, they're pretty much demons with feathered wings, 'cept they use light magic (ooooh, pretty! [/sarcasm]). They don't really contribute to any WORLD-CHANGING causes and as can already be read, the rest of them seem to exist at worsening the world. Most likely, the race will get thinner until ALL OF THEM THAT REMAIN go crazy in some way to revive their species at the cost of other races, and they'll all be killed by the rest who aren't willing to let that happen. FIN!

"Chris, you prick!" -Anonymous (AKA, my shoulder angel named Nat. Be anonymous NOW!)
"(repeat previous message)" - Nat
Round 9!

Dagardo

Quote from: Alterationartist on September 10, 2008, 11:46:25 PM
Eh. As far as we've seen, they're worthless. Unless Amber adds an angel character in SOMEWHERE, be it villain, new main character, or anything that isn't an extra or a minor/superfluous characters, they can die for all we care. Most of them aren't even making the world any better to be all that honest. So on that biased note:

SUCKS TO BE YOU, YOU WINGED PRICKS!!

"Blunt only works for tools and violence" - Anonymous

The only I see being a prick here right now is you. There's no call to say such things. The only Angels you should call pricks are the evil ones or the ones that hurt or kill others just for fun or other similar reasons

Alterationartist

Round 9!

Dagardo

Zedd

Sides angels aren't so bad at times, Depends what they did matters most..

Cvstos

"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

King Of Hearts

Demons with feathery wings... so why do they deserve to die out more than the latter?

Dagardo

Quote from: King Of Hearts on September 11, 2008, 01:09:19 AM
Demons with feathery wings... so why do they deserve to die out more than the latter?

Good question. Maybe they aren't reproducing right, maybe its cause Amber says so... I don't know. No wait, its cause Amber says.

Amber Williams

Quote from: King Of Hearts on September 11, 2008, 01:09:19 AM

Personally? I find it hard coming up with reasons why individuals deserve to die...much less entire races.  I doubt I would make a fitting judge in regards to deciding what should be allowed life and what should be put to death. I tend to get whimpery if I find dying baby birds that have fallen out of their nests.

Quote from: Alterationartist on September 10, 2008, 11:46:25 PM
Unless Amber adds an angel character in SOMEWHERE, be it villain, new main character, or anything that isn't an extra or a minor/superfluous characters, they can die for all we care. Most of them aren't even making the world any better to be all that honest.

I find that type of logic silly.  And I think you are trolling people Alterationartist. Watch yourself.

James StarRunner

Do I sense racism for a fictional race? Seriously people, grow up.

Quote from: Zedd on September 10, 2008, 11:13:33 PM
Well this can't be good

Hey James you better get busy there! D:
I was thinking the same thing. XD

P.S. My wife wants to let people know her fictional character is an angel as well and plans on adding more members of the angel race. :3

Gamma

Sounds like fun. :mowhappy

"When you gotta go you gotta go.
Just don't squeeze the Charmin."
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 11, 2008, 01:31:07 AM

Personally? I find it hard coming up with reasons why individuals deserve to die...much less entire races.  I doubt I would make a fitting judge in regards to deciding what should be allowed life and what should be put to death. I tend to get whimpery if I find dying baby birds that have fallen out of their nests.

well, you've found one reason a lot of other authors don't really go, genetically reaching "the end of the road" as a species.. given their long lives, it'd take the Angels millennia to die out completely, possibly by then a reason would be found, but given the general nature of long-lived races (slow to age, slow to breed, etc).. it might take a while before a viable population arises..

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Dagardo

Quote from: Turnsky on September 11, 2008, 03:36:27 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on September 11, 2008, 01:31:07 AM

well, you've found one reason a lot of other authors don't really go, genetically reaching "the end of the road" as a species.. given their long lives, it'd take the Angels millennia to die out completely, possibly by then a reason would be found, but given the general nature of long-lived races (slow to age, slow to breed, etc).. it might take a while before a viable population arises..

That has to be the smartest thing Ive read thus far.

Tapewolf

The first thing that I thought of when reading this was "James' character's just got some free angst."  But yes, it is kind of sad.

Quote from: James StarRunner on September 11, 2008, 01:52:34 AM
P.S. My wife wants to let people know her fictional character is an angel as well and plans on adding more members of the angel race. :3

That's an interesting point.  If you're unlucky you could easily end up with a lot of Being children.  Would they all end up getting shipped off to the orphanage kind of like James was?  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

mopman

So is there a sign up sheet somewhere for volunteers to help them out?

( if you feel this is in any way naughty then the fault lies in your own imagination  ;) )
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Lucheek

Hmmmm....
Is it strange I want to do genetic research and study on a fictional species, to find out the sorce of their problems?

Yes. Yes it is.

I can't even effect this fictional world. Only a fictional character from this world could....so, in theory, I must create a character for this world....and guide it, using it like a glove, to reach in. So this glove of mine could actually do the research.... Hmmmm.

This is of course, assuming, that Amber knows (or has) a reason for the Angel-Extinction (sounds like a action flick).

....Hmmm.

Netrogo

I never actually knew there was specifically an angel race in dmfa. I just assumed all the feathery wings came from crossbreeding with birds.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Kenji

*holds up a glass of rum in toast*
For the light. For the naar-- oh sorry... wrong paradigm of light.
For the angels.

Mao

Pity that they're a dying breed.  I find the feathery wings much more beautiful then the leathery wings.  Guess I'll just have to enjoy the cubi a bit more. :(  Or maybe the gryphons, but I'm not big on the beaks.  Can't win 'em all.

Azraelle

Umm ... your reality check just came in the mail.  It's a fictional species.  In a web comic.  I'm all sad for them and all, and think it would be interesting if this worked its way into the main storyline, but seriously.  They're a concept thought up by an author, and penned into existence solely as a side-note in what is ultimately a form of entertainment.  Let's not get too attached or xenophobic about something that does not exist.

Dagardo

Quote from: Azraelle on September 11, 2008, 07:48:16 AM
Umm ... your reality check just came in the mail.  It's a fictional species.  In a web comic.  I'm all sad for them and all, and think it would be interesting if this worked its way into the main storyline, but seriously.  They're a concept thought up by an author, and penned into existence solely as a side-note in what is ultimately a form of entertainment.  Let's not get too attached or xenophobic about something that does not exist.

Harsh, even if it is a fictional species. :<