08/21/08 [Abel 2 #27] - Home

Started by Rafe, August 21, 2008, 11:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe

Wow, this is just hitting him now.  I wonder of Amber will take us there again, or if Abel even wants to think about it.

Are we going to see what's happened to May?  Is Kria going to stop by for her amulet and to check on her former student Abel??  LOTS of unanswered questions here.
Rafe

Jairus

On the one hand, SAIA sounds like the kind of academy I'd love to go to.

On the other hand... poor Abel looks like he's about to break down.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

BeckyW

Ooo, I'd almost forgotten about Kria.  I wonder if we'll ever find out who her unseen "instructor was.   Plus, they have to deal with what happened to Cid and Hennya.

Jairus

Well, Cid's been dead for about 25 years or so, so it'd be more along the lines of finding out when Aniz killed him.

Rafe

Don't forget all the damage Aniz has done elsewhere, among the Cubi.  I guess Fa'lina has a huge mess to clean up which could take... centuries.  I'm sure Amber has it all mapped out.

This could also be the star of some serious bad feelings between Kria and Aniz.  I wonder how a fight between a demon and an incubus would go down?
Rafe

AndersW

This topic should be comic #27.  Edit: I see you got to it before me

Apparently we got off one and skipped 23 and have been numbering them wrong since then.

Could a mod kindly fix that please.  should be 23  should be 24  should be 25
*edit* done ~Damaris

On the subject of the comic I have a very morbid theory.

May killed herself.  She just lost everyone she cared about and is now all alone in the world, and she has to live with the fact that the person she thought was her husband for the last 25 odd years was an impostor.

Jairus

Quote from: AndersW on August 21, 2008, 11:29:44 PM
On the subject of the comic I have a very morbid theory.

May killed herself.  She just lost everyone she cared about and is now all alone in the world, and she has to live with the fact that the person she thought was her husband for the last 25 odd years was an impostor.

Shit. That would be a little dark... even for Abel's Story. My thought was that she just lost the will to live after that night and wasted away until she died.

Rafe

I fixed it.  Guess I was looking at the image number.  Thanks.
Rafe

silentassassin

....... I kind of made another topic first.

AndersW

Quote from: Rafe on August 21, 2008, 11:31:54 PM
I fixed it.  Guess I was looking at the image number.  Thanks.

We had been numbering them wrong for a while, hopefully a kind mod fixes them for us.

Also, could you change the topic title so that it is formatted correctly.

the standard format is   date [Abel 2/DMFA #number] - subject

Quote from: silentassassin on August 21, 2008, 11:33:01 PM
....... I kind of made another topic first.

But this one was being posted in.

BeckyW

I also liked that image of Abel  saying "Home" in the last panel.  The background is gone, and he's just sitting in empty blackness.  Poor Abel.

Turnsky

anybody else getting that "open mouth, insert foot" feeling here?  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

!KCA

. . .

You can physically hear Abel breaking again. It sounds tinkly.

silentassassin

Well that's stupid just cause rafe can't read i get ignored.

Zedd

Seems like alot work and plenty of mess to clean up

Roureem Egas

Does anyone remember exactly how much damage Fa'lina knows Aniz wrecked in dropping the "hey we're cubi!" bomb to Abel in terms of May and Abel's home life? I'm not exactly sure how May is doing would rank that much for Fa'lina to take note of, but it'd explain to me why she knows Abel does have severe trauma issues at the moment and takes the time to mention the homeschool option. Might be too soon for Abel to even consider going back to just see May.

Unless of course the next strip Fa'lina knows how May is and decides to tell Abel how she's holding up.

Psaakyrn

Or Abel just needs to face his fears and know/accept the truth. And there are quite a few unresolved issues back home anyway.. though there's a good chance he may not be wanted back home: May possibly blames her situation on Abel, Hennya's relatives (and related folk) may not look too kindly on Cubi at the moment..
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

!KCA

Considering how Fa'lina just pulled that book out of his head, I suspect she knows pretty much all the gritty little details.

Ganurath

Either Fa'lina isn't omniscient yet, or this is one of those cases where those who only see part of the picture etc.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Pagan

Way to go Falafel. Abel's mind has broken again.

And what an absolutly wonderful pose she has in panel three. Mmmmmm-hm.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

skurvy

Alondro

*Charline is pleased!*  Yay!  More Abel horror to feed upon!   >:3

*Charles, meanwhile, pokes Fa'lina's boobs*  Booooo-behs...  :.

*Charline grr, shred Charles, etc...
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Jairus

I just noticed something...

Fa'Lina mentions homework as the one thing they have to do, and back in Part 1 Kria played that little trick on Abel by telling him that magic classes meant five times as much homework. It's probably not a connection, but it's a neat little moment.

Now that I think of it, this is a little different that what I was thinking last week. I was thinking that Fa'Lina meant what would he like to do as something fun or to get his mind off of things, but here it means that she's asking him what he wants to do now that he's at the Academy... on second thought, those are basically the same things. Forget I said this last paragraph.

Feather Dancer

She said she knew everything within the Academy, it's likely outside without some  mind checks she won't know absolutely everything and I doubt looking at the memories of a trauma trying to be hidden would do the readee much favours.

I think the impact of what happened just hit him, he's had his freakout already but the sheer weight without having temp insainty just came back on the word home. He's probably gonna be rather clingy or very distant depending on how he rebounds... More so given how May looked at him before he was taken.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Feather Dancer on August 22, 2008, 04:24:13 AM
She said she knew everything within the Academy, it's likely outside without some  mind checks she won't know absolutely everything and I doubt looking at the memories of a trauma trying to be hidden would do the readee much favours.
If you look back at the start of part 2, I think we can assume that she's already seen enough to know what what she's said is impossible.  That and her conversation with Aniz kind of verifies is.
No, I'm fairly sure she used that choice of words deliberately.  I just don't know why yet.

Quote from: Rafe on August 21, 2008, 11:23:03 PM
This could also be the star of some serious bad feelings between Kria and Aniz.  I wonder how a fight between a demon and an incubus would go down?
Amber covered that, actually.  I'll have to dig up the link, but basically Kria could mop the floor with Aniz.  But not Fa'Lina.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 22, 2008, 04:33:09 AM
Quote from: Feather Dancer on August 22, 2008, 04:24:13 AM
If you look back at the start of part 2, I think we can assume that she's already seen enough to know what what she's said is impossible.  That and her conversation with Aniz kind of verifies is.
No, I'm fairly sure she used that choice of words deliberately.  I just don't know why yet.
Well, to be perfectly fair that's how about half of the stuff going on in the story is going: we just don't know yet. At this point, I think Fa'Lina wants to keep Abel in the dark about her being omniscient... at least for the moment. That might be just a little too much for him to know that this Cubi knows every move he can possibly make and is powerful enough to match them, meaning that there's nothing he can do in the academy without her knowing... oh, I sense a really bad abuse of her omniscience that Fa'Lina could do. As for the word choice... yeah, no idea here either.

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 22, 2008, 04:33:09 AM
Quote from: Rafe on August 21, 2008, 11:23:03 PM
Amber covered that, actually.  I'll have to dig up the link, but basically Kria could mop the floor with Aniz.  But not Fa'Lina.
Really? Wow, Jyrras got really lucky that one time didn't he: there wouldn't be anything left of him if Kria had gone medieval on him when they first met. If Kria did chase down Aniz and beat him up, though, it would earn her brownie points in my book. And, really, is there any surprise that Kira couldn't beat Fa'Lina?

What am I doing up at 1:40 AM?

Feather Dancer

Well she's already freaked him out by picking up on one of the books he was putting away in the library recently, so perhaps she's been a bit selective? Though wouldn't surprise me if she actually picked up on what Abel was musing over when he was having his first freak out when Aniz buggered off. He was thinking over everything that had happened, completely vuenrable and she was there.... But then she mighta known the word home might lead to another potential freak or simply misjudged how he'd take it (Which is understandble for somebody not in any solid state of mind right now).

Go figure I just remembered about it now. Hey I've not been up very long the morning is still early.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on August 22, 2008, 04:38:59 AM
Really? Wow, Jyrras got really lucky that one time didn't he: there wouldn't be anything left of him if Kria had gone medieval on him when they first met. If Kria did chase down Aniz and beat him up, though, it would earn her brownie points in my book. And, really, is there any surprise that Kira couldn't beat Fa'Lina?
It's a matter of scale, i.e. an adult demon could take an average 'Cubi down no problem, but an exceptionally powerful 'Cubi would take the demon down instead.

Here's the post: http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,3874.msg165905.html#msg165905

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

I wonder if Fa'lina did that on purpose.  He's going to need to face those memories again at some time, better now while he's safe and she can help him face them.  It could also serve to help figure out his affinities a bit I imagine.

KelseyPotter

I can't help but think that that was rather cruel of Fa'lina to tell Abel he could take classes from home when she knows he doesn't have a home to go back to. That smirk on her face in the third panel tells me she knows it too.

If he goes back to Zinvth, the citizens there will likely kill him. If he goes back to his old town...well, there's nothing left there for him. Cindy is gone, Davin is gone--not that he was really a reason to return--Kria is Lord only knows where. He doesn't really have the option of going home. It's something of a Hobson's choice, isn't it?