18/08/08 [DMFA #931] - Dress? It's a robe!

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, August 17, 2008, 09:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heeheeheehee.

Amber, as ever, delivers.

... pity about the monitor.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

rt

:giggle So now it is a secret dress   :giggle

And it's so true, pain tells you you are alive.

Also, I guess we know what Amber wants (or needs) for her birthday.

MT Hazard

Quote from: rt on August 17, 2008, 09:44:14 PM
:giggle So now it is a secret dress   :giggle

And it's so true, pain tells you you are alive.

Also, I guess we know what Amber wants (or needs) for her birthday.

I prefer all the other things that tell you your alive, other than pain and fear.

They seem unconcerned about their zombies sister (or the don't know yet)

Curious that the robe absorbed the magic, I'd have thought it would reflect or disperse it.

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Turnsky

her tail and leg's still around... they can rebuild her...  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yes, but I think DP has the technology.

Bit of a problem, there...

GabrielsThoughts

I don't know If i can weasel in a card before the 19th. 

and the second dress comment came off kind of lame.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Reese Tora

oooh, that's good... but aren't we still missing one member of our amazon party?

BTW, llearch, I do believe that you are not using the same calendar as everyone else. :<
(monday is the 18th)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Chaos

OK all, I was going to make a thread about this, but one exists for the date. What type of cake should Tailsteak and I make for her?

Ideas?

Jairus

Well, at least Anna's okay. Now we just have to worry about their other sister. And where Dark Pegasus is. Hey, did anyone else catch how they called him "the Dark Pegasus," like it's a title or something?

Sucks to hear about the monitor, Amber. It's a very cute drawing of your anger at it, though.

And I hope that you have a happy birthday as well! I mean, I'll wish you one on your birthday too, but here's a preemptive one. And a hug of support: :hug
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Reese Tora on August 17, 2008, 10:07:54 PM
BTW, llearch, I do believe that you are not using the same calendar as everyone else. :<
(monday is the 18th)

So sue me. It's 4am monday morning, and I'm sitting in the office.

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 17, 2008, 10:57:36 PM
(monday is the 18th)

Ouch, I'm sorry you have to be there that early.

Actually, now that I think about it, if the robe "absorbs" magical attacks, maybe it can be overloaded by hitting it with too much magic...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Gamma

YAY! So the green one is alive!
<< Likes green...

Monitors, I have yet to have a single one go out on me yet.
My original Packard Hell monitor from 93 is still kicking, although it has rarely seen power since 2000.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jairus on August 17, 2008, 10:59:57 PM

It's not early, it's late. I haven't finished working on Sunday yet.

techmaster-glitch

Heh. Dan(na)'s getting his own advice tossed back at him:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_907.php

Wanderer

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 17, 2008, 11:32:07 PM
Quote from: Jairus on August 17, 2008, 10:59:57 PM

It's not early, it's late. I haven't finished working on Sunday yet.
:erk There are not enough words in "dude, that sucks" to adequately describe the suckiness of that situation.

As for the comic... I had thought this was the first time DAN defeated DP, but looking back all he's doing is responding to Fi's question of "Who is this Dark Pegasus and why are we going to stop him?" So... yeah, there's no proof Dan had anything to do with beating DP at all this time.

Reese Tora

(monday is the 18th)

Sorry, I'm in the (very bad) habit of assuming that everyone else is running west coast time same as I am.

bad, wicked, naughty Zoot Reese
(don't think for a second I plan to pay the penalty for setting alight the grail shaped beacon, though!)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Zedd

Nice to see he's alive but sucky for the monitor

Madmann135

I like how Shanna is grinning like a happy child at him... and how they called Daniel, Danna  :3.

I guess they are looking on the bright side of things. 
Hanna's spirit is now free to pass on.

These are probably new-age amazons that judge an individual on who they are and not what sex they are.  Dan went with them into battle, he defended one of their sisters (tried to help a second one in battle) and all in the early days of his adventuring.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

ShadesFox

Man I had something like that happen.  Except my power supply died.  And my birthday present was a new power supply.  That does not work with my motherboard.
The All Purpose Fox

Kenji

Hook the computer up to the TMNT arcade machine.
>_>

Aleolus

Oooh, does that mean there's hope for their other sister as well?  After all, he let the one live no problem, maybe he just did a teleport switch with the one and a pile of dust?  You never know, it could happen  :sweatdrop:

Tapewolf

Quote from: Wanderer on August 17, 2008, 11:40:37 PM
As for the comic... I had thought this was the first time DAN defeated DP, but looking back all he's doing is responding to Fi's question of "Who is this Dark Pegasus and why are we going to stop him?" So... yeah, there's no proof Dan had anything to do with beating DP at all this time.

That may be, but given Dan's eagerness to tell it, it would make sense if he actually did something constructive.  "Let me tell you about the first time Dark Pegasus smashed my head in!" isn't a story I'd be particularly keen to relate...

Quote from: Kenji on August 18, 2008, 04:12:37 AM
Hook the computer up to the TMNT arcade machine.
>_>
Probably needs a composite video signal.

Quote from: Gamma on August 17, 2008, 11:28:22 PM
Monitors, I have yet to have a single one go out on me yet.
I guess you bought expensive monitors.  My 1991 monitor died around 1996, the followup lasted a few more years.  I got a nice 15" monitor with a broken power switch around 2002.  That died two years later.  I got an LCD unit but it was unbearable.  I managed to snag a 17" one from work and that died a couple of months ago, but fortunately I had an exact replacement which I was able to swap in.  I now have two dead CRTs, two working ones and a horrible LCD screen which I don't use.

When my current CRT conks out, I'm considering getting a VP930 LCD display, which supposedly has good enough colour reproduction that it is suitable for TV work, while not costing $8000.

That sounds like a really bad idea  :B  Granted it probably isn't your idea, but I know if I was doing that, the likelihood of typing "rm -rf" in the wrong place would skyrocket.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Chaos

No Ideas for cake? Seriously? The result of no answer might be Mason and I making BACON cake, really. We will figure out how. Amber will kill us, but we can...

Just use Bacon Brittle. Garnish the top with it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 18, 2008, 04:45:29 AM
That sounds like a really bad idea  :B  Granted it probably isn't your idea, but I know if I was doing that, the likelihood of typing "rm -rf" in the wrong place would skyrocket.

The last time I typed anything of consequence was 8pm last night, when I typed (all as one line):

imp msirc/.....@staging FILESIZE=2000m BUFFER=200000
FEEDBACK=2500 GRANTS=Y INDEXES=Y ANALYZE=Y ROWS=Y COMMIT=N CONSTRAINTS=Y IGNORE=N SHOW=N
LOG=/tmp/oracle_import.$(/opt/csw/bin/gdate -I).log
FILE=$(for i in $(/opt/csw/bin/gls -v /u03/dumps/2008-08-15/staging-00-00.dmp-*); do echo -n $i,; done)

... which was mostly copy/pasted from the other work I've been doing for the last two weeks.

Sadly, since then I've been waiting for that command to complete; since the export files sum up to approx 20Gb, it takes a while to import them...

Psaakyrn

a) Seems like "Danna" is going to be a perpetual in-joke with the two now... (meaning that one day, Aliyka will bring it up at the most inopportunate time)
b) Considering how Shanna says "Pain means you aren't dead or undead yet!", the undead-ness may have been seen more as a curse than a blessing by Shanna (and possibly Hannah), which could explain why she isn't as put down..

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 18, 2008, 04:45:29 AM
Quote from: Wanderer on August 17, 2008, 11:40:37 PM

That may be, but given Dan's eagerness to tell it, it would make sense if he actually did something constructive.  "Let me tell you about the first time Dark Pegasus smashed my head in!" isn't a story I'd be particularly keen to relate...

He may be relating it just for the Amazons.  :3
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Mao

Quote from: Chaos on August 18, 2008, 04:47:13 AM
No Ideas for cake? Seriously? The result of no answer might be Mason and I making BACON cake, really. We will figure out how. Amber will kill us, but we can...

I've heard that Jess/Ian/Matt/Dom of Three Panel Soul have a wicked recipe for bacon ice cream...

Anyways, sucks to hear about her monitor.  Maybe a monitor shaped cake in whatever flavors she likes?

Alondro

So Amber, been doing DMFA for 10 years?  Well, just look at it this way, Stan Lee has been doing comics for a billion years at least by now! 

So you can look forward to doing DMFA FOREVER!!!  :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

KelseyPotter

Quote from: Chaos on August 18, 2008, 04:47:13 AM

I'm gonna start calling you Hennya if you do.

As for what sort of cake to make, you can't go wrong with double fudge. Seriously, chocolate is the ultimate solution for everything. Except, y'know, severe chocolate allergy...

As to the comic, I wonder if Shanna knows about Hannah yet...

Lucheek

So, apparently Anna can photosynthesis.

That's awesome. *_*

And,my bet is they're going to ask "Where's Hannah?"

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lucheek on August 18, 2008, 11:58:00 AM
And,my bet is they're going to ask "Where's Hannah?"

"Here, here, a little bit over there..."

You bring up a good point, though.  Anna knows what happened to Hannah, but with a broken jaw, she wouldn't have been able to tell them.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E