08/08/08 [Abel 2 #25] - Dizzy

Started by Tapewolf, August 08, 2008, 05:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, despite all he's been through, Abel is certainly on the ball.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dard

Do I understand this correctly:

Abel already knew of that book and this is why Fa'Lina was reading it to him?

I guess he has a reason to blush now!

MT Hazard

They're inside her head. That explains everything.

edit:grammar error x2
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Kuari

Well, seems safe to assume that Oolong isn't the SAIA librarian.  Sounds like s/he is the librarian over in Zinvth....  that and I think Abel overloaded a few brain cells...

Dard

As I see it:
Abel works at the city library. He learns about the book there. And probably reads it. After all, why else would Fa'Lina bother with it then?
Fa'Lina, in preparation to Abel's arrival, thinks she should pick up a book that Abel already knows.
Fa'Lina goes to Oolong, the SAIA librarian, and asks if she has that book. Oolong does have it.
Fa'Lina, not knowing what exactly kind of book that is, reads it to Abel. Now knowing what kind of book it is, she wonders why Oolong had it in stock to begin with.
Abel realizes that Fa'Lina got a copy of that book because of him. His face turns into various shades of red.

Kuari

Thing is though, there are probably far worse books that Fa'lina knows about in the SAIA library...  Destina's for example...  a book on rape, torture and evil...  doubt that book would hold a candle to it.  That's why I'd find it more likely that she got it from the library Abel worked at.  I could be wrong though, but it makes a lot more sense to me.  :januscat

Dard

Quote from: Kuari on August 08, 2008, 07:22:55 AM
Thing is though, there are probably far worse books that Fa'lina knows about in the SAIA library...  Destina's for example...
Yeah, but Abel doesn't know that.  :D

Besides, we know for a fact that Oolong is the SAIA librarian. Unless the SAIA library and the Zinth library where Abel worked are one and the same, your theory doesn't work.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kuari on August 08, 2008, 07:22:55 AM
Thing is though, there are probably far worse books that Fa'lina knows about in the SAIA library...  That's why I'd find it more likely that she got it from the library Abel worked at.
This is true, but reading him an instruction manual on torture or how to kill souls would probably not have the desired effect of bringing him out of catatonia.  Ideally, the first step is to convince Abel that he's in no danger, given that his last experience with 'Cubi was horrific.  She can break the whole 'we teach evil stuff' to him later.

And in any case, the evil stuff is only a part of what they teach... I suspect his line in 524 is right on the money - people tend to dwell on the evil courses because it's glamorous.

Kuari

Quote from: Dard on August 08, 2008, 07:27:18 AM
Besides, we know for a fact that Oolong is the SAIA librarian. Unless the SAIA library and the Zinth library where Abel worked are one and the same, your theory doesn't work.

Point me where it has been directly mentioned that Oolong is the SAIA librarian?  Don't remember the name being placed directly to her, but maybe I missed something.

Ren Gaulen

I have to say that Abel looks adorable in the last panel. But I am really surprised that he can think (more or less) clearly in his present state (also, he sure knows some stuff about magic - those magical classes at school have not been useless, apparently). And I can't stop beind amazed at how tall Fa'Lina is. Or, rather, huge.

Kuari

Falina: Fe fi fo fum...  I smell the blood of a.....  OOOO!!!  MUFFINS!!!

MT Hazard

Quote from: MT Hazard on August 08, 2008, 06:10:52 AM
They're inside her head. That explains everything.

edit:grammar error x2

Or inside his I guess.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kuari on August 08, 2008, 07:40:16 AM
Point me where it has been directly mentioned that Oolong is the SAIA librarian?  Don't remember the name being placed directly to her, but maybe I missed something.

Here you go:  http://nice.llearch.net/dmfa_forum3067.htm#ref69
It was before your time, by the looks of things.

Alondro

Looks like Abel and Dan have the same coping style:  catatonia and lots of stuttering.   :P

Charline knows all about the most evil books of the SAIA library... having authored a few of them.    :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Dard

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 08, 2008, 07:34:00 AMAnd in any case, the evil stuff is only a part of what they teach... I suspect his line in 524 is right on the money - people tend to dwell on the evil courses because it's glamorous.
Look at it like this:
There is a sadistic librarian that stocks evilness, torture, dark magic, pain and misery.
If I find an erotic love soap opera there, I would be surprised too! :3

Mao

I get the feeling that Library stocks just about everything.  Not just evil, torture, dark magic, pain and misery.  Given the varied tastes of 'Cubi (gasp!  Like most other sentient races) but also love, lust, honor, courage, excitement, horror and so on..

Sofox

My interpretation of Fa'Lina is that she knew full well that Abel knew of the book and what it was about, and read it to him to snap him out of his trance, feigning suprise at the books contents.

lihua

I suppose all the blood rushing to his head could have nothing to do with the book at all and was rather a result of being/getting sick and over-excited (in the holy snap, my world is topsy-turvy sense)... however... the book seems just as likely and is more humorous.

By the way, just out of curiosity... has anyone else done a piece where you had to  scan in characters separately and put them together?  :s  I'm just finishing one of those up; it was a nightmare at first.  One of those things that likes to make poor little Paintshop Pro lag. real. hard. while one is moving and resizing all the characters... and I only had six.  :U  I feel for her.  But with perseverance and lots of self-reward with swedish fish, she can kick stubborn-brain syndrome to the curb.  Go Amber!   :eager

Paul

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 08, 2008, 05:16:32 AM
Well, despite all he's been through, Abel is certainly on the ball.

From catatonic to confused in a few minutes, that's pretty good. Thanks to Fa'lina and a piece of naughty literature.

Quote from: Liwah Forgemaiden on August 08, 2008, 09:16:50 AMBy the way, just out of curiosity... has anyone else done a piece where you had to  scan in characters separately and put them together?

Yeah. Pretty often, too. The whole sticking separate scans together thing does become easier with practice... and lots of RAM.  ;)

aserath

Looks like Abel is coming out of his shock of having his life turned upside down.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Paul on August 08, 2008, 09:51:15 AM
Yeah. Pretty often, too. The whole sticking separate scans together thing does become easier with practice... and lots of RAM.  ;)
I crashed my computer more times than I can remember by doing it..

lihua

Good to hear it gets easier.  ^^;  Since I don't think it's the last time I'll do it, either.

AndersW

I just love Fa'Lina's expression in the first panel.  It says, "And where do you think you are going young man."  Just like a mother.

Turnsky

if you listen carefully, you can hear the fuses popping in his head, one by one.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Timothy

Quote from: AndersW on August 08, 2008, 11:03:01 AM
I just love Fa'Lina's expression in the first panel.  It says, "And where do you think you are going young man."  Just like a mother.
She looks very pleased with herself in panel three too.
Pretty sure she considers the way things played out in gaining Abels attention a success.  :)
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

Aleolus

I can see Fa'Lina's next line.  "You are the best possible place you could be.  *takes Abel and smooshes him into her bosom* A place where you can learn from the best, about how to be what you are."

Slowtini

Quote from: Aleolus on August 08, 2008, 01:04:25 PM
I can see Fa'Lina's next line.  "You are the best possible place you could be.  *takes Abel and smooshes him into her bosom* A place where you can learn from the best, about how to be what you are."

...That. would. be. freakin. hilarious. XD

Zedd

I'm sure all first timers get this treatment

Paul

Quote from: Zedd on August 08, 2008, 01:45:56 PM
I'm sure all first timers get this treatment

The book reading or the monologue about boob size?

Quote from: Liwah Forgemaiden on August 08, 2008, 10:25:21 AM
Good to hear it gets easier.  ^^;  Since I don't think it's the last time I'll do it, either.

Well, everything becomes easier with practice. Except software lagging. If you plan on doing more graphic-intensive work, it's well worth finding out how to fix that. Lagging. Is. So. An.  Noy.    Ing.

Jairus

Well, I'd say that Abel is about to learn that Fa'Lina is practically omnipotent inside SAIA's walls.

Man, Fa'Lina in panel 1 looks like a mom who just caught her kid going somewhere he's not supposed to go.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me