08/04/08 [DMFA #929] - Wake up call for Dan, the girls are back.

Started by Don, August 04, 2008, 07:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don

Heh, I had a feeling those two would show up eventually..even if it is seemingly quite awhile after the initial conflict. It's good to see that the girls seem to have befriended eachother now.

Now that Dan is awake I wonder how they'll pursue Pegasus, and also where did Pegasus slink off to?

And in due to the rant, Good luck on your buffering Amber, I hope all goes well for you.

(edit)

..Dare I say it but, in the second panel, Dan's face is..beautiful

llearch n'n'daCorna

*snerk*

I wonder where Shanna got her clothing back from... it looks remarkably similar to her previous outfit... apart from the trousers, that is.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jer-oh-me

One wonders where Anna is though. Perhaps she'll calm Dan down.

Perhaps Pegasus rents out part of his lair as a trendy clothing boutique that amazons favour?

(Got that name wrong, thanks Paul.)

Mwa

He suddenly looks all manly!
Also I wonder what made those two settle their differences.

Paul

AndersW

I like the reference to the song "I fought the law"  Dan fought the wall, and the wall won.

And it appears that Shanna now knows that Dan is male.

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: AndersW on August 04, 2008, 09:16:39 AM
I like the reference to the song "I fought the law"  Dan fought the wall, and the wall won.

And it appears that Shanna now knows that Dan is male.
Maybe they're in a singy mood cause they sang the song about the drunk Scotsman while they verified Dan's gender.

Jairus

Is it wrong that all I can wonder is where Dark Pegasus got off too? Well, and why exactly seeing a "friendly" face caused him to run screaming.

And good luck, Amber. Hang in there!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on August 04, 2008, 09:46:27 AM
Is it wrong that all I can wonder is where Dark Pegasus got off too? Well, and why exactly seeing a "friendly" face caused him to run screaming.
I dunno about DP, but the last time Aliyka spoke to him it was more along the lines of "I AM GOING TO DESTROY YOU!"

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 04, 2008, 09:50:22 AM
Quote from: Jairus on August 04, 2008, 09:46:27 AM
I dunno about DP, but the last time Aliyka spoke to him it was more along the lines of "I AM GOING TO DESTROY YOU!"

Good point. Heh, I haven't seen anyone use the word "Faboo" since Wakko on the Animaniacs.

Jack McSlay

heh, Shanna now has a lot of ammo (I mean, her outfit comprises a lot more clothing pieces than before)
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Turnsky

"Wake up, Mr Ti'Fiona, Wake up and Smell the Blouses..."  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

aserath

Shanna and Aliyka are friends now?!!  :erk What is going to become of the world (and DP) now. Well I'm sure that once DP saw the duo he crapped himself and ran. As for Dan well his robe may have protected him from the magic but not from a concussion.

Jairus

Quote from: aserath on August 04, 2008, 10:34:38 AM
Shanna and Aliyka are friends now?!!  :erk What is going to become of the world (and DP) now. Well I'm sure that once DP saw the duo he crapped himself and ran. As for Dan well his robe may have protected him from the magic but not from a concussion.

Well, it is only magic resistant. I guess he should have a suit of armor to wear under it to protect from regular injuries. It's what I'd do.

Madmann135

Shanna is acting rather casual with Dan.  Maybe the dragoness likes him, or maybe she's coming down from a battle high and likes everyone.

Still I wonder where she got her current wardrobe from?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Alondro

I find it amazing that after all this trauma Dan's still after Amazons to this day.  One was undead, one was a Mythos plant monster, one was a dragon...

Yet he still has the hots for Amazons.  With all those strange species, one must wonder why he's still so attracted to Amazons.  Hmm... what sort of person is attracted to sapients of virtually any species...

OMG... Dan's a FURRY!!!   D:
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aleolus

Awww, man!  Shanna's got her clothes back!   :cry  Ah well, at least she and Alika managed to come to a reasonable understanding that didn't involve beating the everliving cr*p out of each other.  Now we get to see what a dragon can do against Dark Pegasus!  This time, Dan, don't mess up!

Lucheek

Please don't tell me they defeated DP while he was knocked out.

AmigaDragon

I goubt it, this is about the first time Dan defeated DP. I'd think Dan has to be the one to chase him off or injure/kill him (or at least the major portion of it).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Mischa

Yaaaay!  Shanna's back!  ^__^

I love her expression in the last panel...

lihua

Quote from: AmigaDragon on August 04, 2008, 11:37:48 AM
I goubt it, this is about the first time Dan defeated DP. I'd think Dan has to be the one to chase him off or injure/kill him (or at least the major portion of it).

I was going to suggest that maybe it already happened and would be covered in a flashback - but then I remembered the whole "flashback within a flashback" strip.  Also, I suppose with the wall comment it would only make sense that Dan hadn't moved from the spot...

Too bad we never got to find out exactly what Kass wanted.  Most likely something along the lines of, "These two (rather large?) women are here to destroy you," at which point Pegasus took a rain check?  Maybe to take a bubble-bath or something and relax himself before the big fight.  After all, he has had to put up with quite a bit of frustration recently...

Along another line of thought... You can do it, Amber!!!  Don't let Fluffy break out her wand of motivation.   :U  Honestly though.  It is my bane: when one has the most free time, the tendency is to not do everything one planned to do...  But here's to your success!

Akisohida

Quote from: AmigaDragon on August 04, 2008, 11:37:48 AM

I thought this was about Dans first adventure and his first time running into DP, not his first time winning?
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Psaakyrn

Or perhaps the robe he wore has magical backlash/reflection capabilities, thus the shot fired from DP being redirected back against DP. (though I doubt so)

And as for how Shannah got back her outfit, I'm guessing the upper attire's magicked up (they seem conveniently 1-piece materials..) while the bottom half I can't quite place other than Dan's (and Abel's) current attire...

Still, I'm wondering when DP found out about Destinia's parenting status (and I imagine that comment may be sufficient to bring him into fury).
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Zedd

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Alondro on August 04, 2008, 10:41:07 AM
I find it amazing that after all this trauma Dan's still after Amazons to this day.  One was undead, one was a Mythos plant monster, one was a dragon...

Yet he still has the hots for Amazons.  With all those strange species, one must wonder why he's still so attracted to Amazons.  Hmm... what sort of person is attracted to sapients of virtually any species...

OMG... Dan's a FURRY!!!   D:

(Done by Tapewolf, from back in the "Meme" thread.)
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Pagan

I knew I had seen that somewhwere.

I'm thinking Dan got blasted through a wall (or three), the ladies found him and started dragging him towards the exit. DP's either still fighting or has killed Anna and has moved on to the next step of his plan.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Slowtini

...All I could think of was that song "I fought the law and the law won"

silentassassin

The wall oh god this will probably start a whole internet inanamite object craze. Like the log or the companion cube. There'll be t-shirts, websites, and comics.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Pagan on August 04, 2008, 02:33:38 PM
I'm thinking Dan got blasted through a wall (or three), the ladies found him and started dragging him towards the exit. DP's either still fighting or has killed Anna and has moved on to the next step of his plan.

He's magic-resistant, not physical-resistant. Passing through walls would do a number on the body that would be easily defined as 'rather unpleasant'.

Then again, the comic has been known to take liberties for the sake of cool dramatics, which is a good thing.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

KelseyPotter

Which version of "I Fought the Wall" did Dan take? The one by The Clash, or the one by Bobby Fuller, or...okay, I'm done. *just spent three days trying to find the right version of "I Fought the Law"*

And on an unrelated note: Go it, Amber! You can do it!