07/23/08 [DMFA #925] - Petty emotions are for children

Started by Tapewolf, July 23, 2008, 05:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Looks like we have another shapeshifter on our hands...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

PurpleCheeseLlama

"Pod puppy"? Suddenly it makes sense! :U

Wow, a plant Mythos...that's quite awesome XD

EDIT: Oh, and...crap. DP is getting a fireball ready...this does not bode well for any plant based creatures :-/

icarus

DP is a mysogynist? dang, i never would have pegged him as such.

what with originally planning to use azlan in his plans and all, i thought him more an equal-rights villian.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

skarrbag

Oh dear o.o;;
*ignores what'll prolly happen and roots for the greens anyway*

Tapewolf

Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on July 23, 2008, 05:18:53 AM
Oh, and...crap. DP is getting a fireball ready...this does not bode well for any plant based creatures :-/
Depends how intense it is.  Green plants can be difficult to burn owing to all the water.

Feather Dancer

Well Fi long said she was Mythos (Which was odd as Dan hadn't mentioned it) but hey now we know why she got called Pod Puppy.

Females are very dangerous when angered, please remember to bring a hardhat and an escape route planned at all times.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

silentassassin

it helps that i can shift into a mow the cuddliest cutest thing alive

Mwa

He seems to be taking all this with surprising calmness

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mwa on July 23, 2008, 06:25:58 AM
He seems to be taking all this with surprising calmness
DP?  Well, he's had 750 years experience in dealing with people...

Ren Gaulen

A Chimera! Fire up the flamers! Power up the railguns!!. D:<  ..Oh, wait, that's a Mythos. False alarm. :3 And since I did not post in several previous threads, I want to mention that Darth Pegasus is now one of my favourite characters (despite him turning Cuddles into a pile of ash). Right now he almost looks like a competent villain.

silentassassin

Brunhidden

Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Mao

Well... I don't know about bar-b-qued salad.  I get the strange feeling it wouldn't taste as good.  Tossed salad, maybe but bar-b-qued...

Yeah, I think the pod puppy is about to meet a similar fate to her dear sister Hannah.  If that is the case... I'm worried for Shanna as well.  If both of those come to pass.. I'm worried for DP.  Heroes don't like seeing friends (new or not) killed like that.  For some reason it gets them all righteous and wanting to avenge their friends death.

Ren Gaulen

So.. First - fried Undead (it got burned, though), then - Mythos salad, and what's next? Dragon sushi? >:3 Tastes delicious. >:]

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on July 23, 2008, 06:53:24 AMI want to mention that Darth Pegasus is now one of my favourite characters
If were that as well, he would be too awesome for even Dan to beat.

worth noting, it appears he dropped an adventurer in front of him and changed his focus to the mythos in hand. sounds like a drop of guard >:3

also, plants that are able to move are in general much harder to burn because they're filled with water that allows them to move.
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jack McSlay on July 23, 2008, 09:09:30 AM
also, plants that are able to move are in general much harder to burn because they're filled with water that allows them to move.
Unless you apply such heat that the water starts boiling. The result will be messy. >:]

Daymond42

I, too, am concerned for Shanna at this point. After all, DP likely won't be intimidated by her size if she's still in her huge (and still awesome) form. In addition, she may have no more clothing to sacrifice for victory. Maybe Dan can give her the dress so that she can then immediately "donate" it to claim the win.

Just saying.. :)

Mao

Why do I get the feeling that this thread is about to turn into a conversation about shanna sans clothes?

Btw:  icarus and hellcat.. love your avi's. :D

NDDR

somthing strategic will always appear in the foreground so shanna sans clothes would be about as interestin as the intro to austin powers.

Alondro

*Charline hiss*  Ok, now I don't like DP at all!  That wisecrack about emotions being for females... sexist bastard... I'LL SHOW YOU EMOTION!!!  *attacks with the savagery she regularly uses on Charles!*   >:O

*Charles oooos*  DP doesn't stand a chance!  I should know!   :.   This also makes me wonder if he'd make that same remark in the presence of a certain emotion-prone pink poodle... who's much older and more powerful than he is!  DP is much too arrogant... which is why the proceeding Star Wars-based scene fits perfectly!

Dan:  Your overconfidence is your weakness.

DP:  Your faith in your friends is yours!  It was I who allowed them to enter my castle!  It is perfectly safe from your pathetic little adventurer band.  An entire legion of my best Death Knights awaits them!  I'm afraid the magical defense field will be quite operational when your friends arrive.  Yes... I can feel your anger... use your Cubi powers and strike me down and your journey toward the Dark Side will be complete!

:giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Brunhidden

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on July 23, 2008, 09:08:12 AM
So.. First - fried Undead (it got burned, though), then - Mythos salad, and what's next? Dragon sushi? >:3 Tastes delicious. >:]

dragon sushi has to be buried in the ground for six months for the toxins to leech out, after which it has a very soft texture and it is recommended you wash it in strong wine
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Sunblink

Anna looks positively awesome. I really hope she doesn't die :<

Also, DP doesn't seem like the misogynistic type to me. Just disillusioned, and probably the type to hate everyone equally. Although he hates Undead most of all :B

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Brunhidden on July 23, 2008, 09:51:41 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on July 23, 2008, 09:08:12 AM

dragon sushi has to be buried in the ground for six months for the toxins to leech out, after which it has a very soft texture and it is recommended you wash it in strong wine
Yeah, and it tastes best if you catch it yourself. :)

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on July 23, 2008, 09:52:52 AM
Also, DP doesn't seem like the misogynistic type to me. Just disillusioned, and probably the type to hate everyone equally.
Darth Pegasus. Hate inside. I don't know why I said it. :B

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Ren Gaulen

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on July 23, 2008, 10:21:44 AM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on July 23, 2008, 10:18:45 AM
what an ugly dragon.
This is no dragon, by boy, no dragon! >:]

Enough with the Gundam references!

Allow me to reveal my exact thought when I saw the last panel: Hoshit!
Here we see DP trying to avoid unnecessarily killing people: he has officially climbed yet another rung on the ladder of awesome. And gods above and below, DP actually dropped Dan! I know it sounds silly, but that just makes him look so much cooler.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Rithm Alfortele

Am I the only one who noticed that Dark Pegasus, when he said females, was referring to Anna... and not Dan?

He referred to Dan as a young child... and then to Anna as a female.

Then again, being 750 years old, DP has probably seen it all.

EDIT: And I might just be reading too much into DP's little monologue here.

DP seems like one of those "Nice-guys-once-you-get-to-know-them-just-has-the-tendency-to-do-evil-things" kinda guys.

Lucheek

Quote from: Myself on previous comic's forum
I wonder if she's going to shift into some crazy monster form in her sadness.
I called it.

I hope she doesn't die. I want to see DP fail.

And, this seems appropriate as well:

"Hell hath no fury..."