23/06/08 [DMFA #918] The dark side of Dark Pegasus

Started by Naldru, June 23, 2008, 05:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

It should be noted that in the previously appearance in DMFS, Dark Pegasus also sat in the dark and was very angry when Dan turned on the light.  I don't trust Dark Pegasus.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Brunhidden

well not many people like their drama spoiled, or having someone instantly flick on bright lights when their eyes are adjusted to the dark.... thats painful
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

rt

:rolleyes Now I can't stop picturing a random character wandering around this place with a clip board reviewing Dark Pegasus' villany

Dank dungeon .. check
Minions .. check
What whas the last village you burnt to the ground ?

Psaakyrn

Quote from: rt on June 23, 2008, 08:04:48 AM
:rolleyes Now I can't stop picturing a random character wandering around this place with a clip board reviewing Dark Pegasus' villany

Dank dungeon .. check
Minions .. check
What whas the last village you burnt to the ground ?

Now I can't stop picturing a non-so-random gazalle as said inspector... :rolleyes
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Madmann135

Quote from: Psaakyrn on June 23, 2008, 08:29:02 AM
Now I can't stop picturing a non-so-random gazalle as said inspector... :rolleyes

Sometimes an inspector should just be an inspector and not one of the most 'perky' parents in DMFA history.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Timothy

Cat + Dragon + cables ... omg ... is it Katamari time again ?  :mowgrin
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Naldru on June 23, 2008, 05:53:32 AM
It should be noted that in the previously appearance in DMFS, Dark Pegasus also sat in the dark and was very angry when Dan turned on the light.  I don't trust Dark Pegasus.

He may have been angry at having the lights on, but I think he was more angry with Dan's boredom switching them on and off so much.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Alondro

*Charline hiss*  Of course you have to eat infants if you're evil!  I mean, what self-respecting super-villain doesn't eat infants!  Sheesh, DP must have learned villainy from liberals! 

*Charline is a cold-hearted Republican!  And everyone knows Republicans steal and eat children to lengthen their lives so they can continue on with their wicked deeds forever!*   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Slowtini

Quote from: Alondro on June 23, 2008, 12:20:50 PM
*Charline hiss*  Of course you have to eat infants if you're evil!  I mean, what self-respecting super-villain doesn't eat infants!  Sheesh, DP must have learned villainy from liberals! 

*Charline is a cold-hearted Republican!  And everyone knows Republicans steal and eat children to lengthen their lives so they can continue on with their wicked deeds forever!*   :mwaha

But... How do you know that those children wouldn't grow up and become the next hitler. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

Alondro

In that case, it's simply weeding out the competition.    >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

terrycloth

Eating babies is lazy evil. Babies take, what, nine months to make? Eating teenagers wastes 20 times as much of their parents' time, so it's a lot more evil. Plus, the teenagers themselves are old enough to understand that you're going to torture and kill them.

llearch n'n'daCorna

torture?

Oh, come on. Everyone knows that torture just makes the meat tough. You've got to tenderise and braise it for hours after that.

Double-tap to the back of the head, and you're away laughing - minimum stringyness.

... just got to watch for the junkies, cause they have needles left in the arms...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

*Charline nods*  I got one stuck in my uvula.   :<

Babies are like veal!  Om nom nom.   >:3

Zedd

Lemiden

Look, you cannot turn on the lights...I mean, that is like taking advantage of his disability. I mean seriously, you cannot brood in the light, you might accidently get a bright idea!

Aleolus

Ah, so DP isn't as stereotyped as we had supposed, though he is quite obviously not in full command of his mental faculties, or else he would know that problems caused by multiple very large combatants, which creates very loud noises, never simply fix themselves, and more often than not, the big dude himself needs to deal with it.

Mao

Personally I'd think DP has slightly more important matters to deal with (despite how potentially destructive those two gargantuan monsters could be), like say... focusing on his evil plan.

As for the eating of children/teens:  That just seems like a waste of potential minions.  One of the most sinister evils of all is the one that everyone likes.  Followed by the ones that no one notices.

Edit: ACK!  I'll fix that avatar!
Edit 2:  Ahhh, fixed.

Alondro

*Charline feh*  Minions only get in the way!  Too smart, they try to take over.  Too dumb, they inadvertantly help the hero win... or get converted to good!

Nope, I'm better off on my own forrays of wickedness.

*chomps on children!*  Delicious and nutritious!  Tastes just like chicken!  >:9

Mao

Quote from: Alondro on June 24, 2008, 12:39:55 PM
*Charline feh*  Minions only get in the way!  Too smart, they try to take over.

For my kind of goals this is actually a good thing.  My dark minions will surpass me and eventually they will become the new evil.  Evil 2.0 if you will.  However to aid the learning process I do always recommend mass amounts of fear and 'discipline'.  I think DP has this down as I don't think any of his minions would cross him, but should he fall it looks like he's got some nasty things that would wreak quite a bit of havoc.  Particularly those Death Knights.

Lemiden

Minons are a heros dream. I mean, we must be able to grind through something to get warmed up to fight the bossman...or at least get some fight in before the dissapointing final fight. In all seriousness, you ebil villians need to step up the fight, not "scury away for another day" or whatever you kids are calling it these days. You have made it so easy, anybody can find the pot at the end of the rainbow that consist of rewards for heroic acts: Money, Girls, and Candy...mmmm, candy

llearch n'n'daCorna

* llearch n'n'daCorna baits the hero trap with candy *

I think my Fortress of Evil is safe, now.

VSMIT

So a second hero gets the candy, and also can attack the castle...  Hmm...

llearch n'n'daCorna

... you think I have the cheap traps that don't reset?

mwahahahaha!

Mao

Quote from: VSMIT on June 24, 2008, 08:11:27 PM
So a second hero gets the candy, and also can attack the castle...  Hmm...

Beyond that it also seems to go on the assumption that the candy itself is not a trap.... and that there is only that one trap.  If that was the case the the villain has no choice but to admit poor planning on his part and run way with claims of achieving his goals next time.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mowser on June 25, 2008, 07:39:57 AM
Beyond that it also seems to go on the assumption that the candy itself is not a trap.... and that there is only that one trap.  If that was the case the the villain has no choice but to admit poor planning on his part and run way with claims of achieving his goals next time.

"So, kids. One of the bars of candy in this bowl may contain poison. How much do you want candy?"

Now if only I could find the link to that particular image...

RobbieThe1st

Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that being an evil overlord or villain isn't good - You have to worry about underlings turning on you, Heroes coming after you, traps going bad, and your castle falling down if you get defeated.

I see two better options:

One, the building contractor: You don't have to worry, as when your shoddily put together castle or fortress falls apart(perhaps due to the reason outlined in #2, perhaps not), you never get in trouble(as the occupant is dead or in prison).

Two, behind-the-scenes controller - You let loyal lackeys take the highly-visible position, get killer and or maimed by heroes, and, so long as you were smart and kept a portion of any income made by your lackey, when he gets defeated and you hit the self-destruct button(What, you thought the castles and fortresses fell down due to poor construction?), all record of you having connection to the defeated empire suddenly disappear, and you can go on to do it again, making a tidy profit along the way.

Sure, you may not get to be hailed as Evil Overlord by your minions and peasantry, but also never have to worry about being pitchfork'd to death by the aforementioned masses.

Just my $2(Inflation takes its toll on everything nowadays).

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Valynth

Actually, Robbie, bankers are sometimes regarded as evil overlords, but the key difference is that the law is on their side and thus they can field lawyers and NO hero wants to fight lawyers who have a legal advantage.

(the above is a joke.)

*does not want to get sued by humorless legal goons*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Mao

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on June 26, 2008, 01:47:52 AM
Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that being an evil overlord or villain isn't good

Two, behind-the-scenes controller - You let loyal lackeys take the highly-visible position, get killer and or maimed by heroes, and, so long as you were smart and kept a portion of any income made by your lackey, when he gets defeated and you hit the self-destruct button(What, you thought the castles and fortresses fell down due to poor construction?), all record of you having connection to the defeated empire suddenly disappear, and you can go on to do it again, making a tidy profit along the way.

This is how I believe it should be.  No one said a villain or evil overlord had to be loud and boisterous.  Even DP realizes that a villain doesn't need to be cliché.

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on June 26, 2008, 01:47:52 AM
Sure, you may not get to be hailed as Evil Overlord by your minions and peasantry, but also never have to worry about being pitchfork'd to death by the aforementioned masses.

-RobbieThe1st

For some reason there are heroes born intelligent enough to wonder if there might be some greater evil behind the ones they just confronted.  It's horribly inconvenient.  Thankfully most heroes die eventually due to the nature of their work so it's not always a problem but it can be a real thorn in an evil backside.  Or pitchfork.

Mao

On another note: a lawyer is always more evil than the banker... so something tells me that the scenario of the hidden/humble over lord just got an example. :D