06/06/08 [DMFA #912] - Monster Fight: Phoenix vs. Dragon

Started by Raffe, June 06, 2008, 02:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffe

Hooray for wall breaking fights, also for a growing Shanna. And they've broken out so they can have a monster fight without walls in the way.
Never realized Aliyka's wings didn't grow.
...and Dans still wearing a dress...
Hooray ellipsis!

Psaakyrn

On a side note, Shanna did lose her final piece of clothing.

EDIT: Also, tiny phoenix wings!
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Kenji

Zedd

Psaakyrn

Also, If all 3 amazons are different creatures... Betting poll on Anna!

Angel
Demon
Mer
Cubi
Undead
Dragon
Fae
Mythos
Insectis
Were
Phoenix (A)
Phoenix (B)
Gryphon (A)
Gryphon (B)
Gryphon (C)
Being
Human
Mows
Livestock
Pygmy Shrews
Warp-Aci
Arachspearians
Drakes
M.A.C.E.
i-Mow

My money's on Gryphon (A).
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Gamma

All I can say is, Hooray for big huge monstrous fight!

I was kinda hoping to see a fight without her transforming but this makes more sense.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Mwa

On seeing that, I thought "Well, there goes her skirt!".
Also is it just me or does Aliyka's expression seem to have shifted from rage to desperation?

TheAuldGrump

Aaannd there goes the skirt.... :rolleyes

Not surprising, really. :P

The Auld Grump

Aleolus

HOLY....!!  Wow, I did not realize that Shanna was a dragon.  Did any of you all know that Shanna was a dragon?  'Cause, really, I can't get over the fact that SHANNA IS A FRIKIN' DRAGON!!!

Quote from: Mwa on June 06, 2008, 02:20:46 AM
Also is it just me or does Aliyka's expression seem to have shifted from rage to desperation?

No, still looks like a blind rage to me

Quote from: Psaakyrn on June 06, 2008, 02:11:08 AM

Angel
Demon
Mer
Cubi
Undead
Dragon
Fae
Mythos
Insectis
Were
Phoenix (A)
Phoenix (B)
Gryphon (A)
Gryphon (B)
Gryphon (C)
Being
Human
Mows
Livestock
Pygmy Shrews
Warp-Aci
Arachspearians
Drakes
M.A.C.E.
i-Mow

Mine's on Being, actually.  'Cause really, she's always seemed the most being-like of them all.

The Darkless

I thought that beings and creatures are different things, and therefore Being isn't really a type of creature, so it's auto ruled out. In any case, my vote is on were.

Zina

AmigaDragon

Not all giant reptilians are dragons. I'm sticking with mythos for Shanna regardless of size (assuming they have many possible forms, like Hennya, Matilda, Dan's captors).

Aliyka is still enraged but now has a change of focus, changing the flavor of that rage.

Building tip... make your castle/dungeon/whatever with break-away walls so that the rest of the structure will better survive damage when a wall is broken out. Near my high school (a few miles away) there was a lab that had a break-away wall to save the rest of the structure when they had accidental explosions.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Zorro

Angel
Demon
Mer
Cubi
Undead
Dragon
Fae
Mythos
Insectis
Were
Phoenix (A)
Phoenix (B)
Gryphon (A)
Gryphon (B)
Gryphon (C)
Being
Human
Mows
Livestock
Pygmy Shrews
Warp-Aci
Arachspearians
Drakes
M.A.C.E.
i-Mow

Were Hyena.......

There Hyena, and There Pissed off Lions.   :P

Twist

Those mythos goons must have gotten pretty lucky to put Shanna in that box.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Deebs' giraffe on June 06, 2008, 02:00:16 AM
...and Dans still wearing a dress...

In the last few strips he's been too busy collecting body parts, fighting and running to take off the dress.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

e_voyager

aww i wanted to say Were. still she could be a cubi if not for the box negating creature abilities. i thik that would have forced her back to normal. if she were a cubi
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Timothy

Brings back old childhood Godzilla vs something memories.  :mwaha
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

Kajet

I like draco-Shanna...

Wait... Is it normal to like someone who is several feet taller than you and can probably snap you like a twig?

Anri

Well... I'm personally gonna go with, there's something planty about pod puppy.

Now dragon, I was not expecting. =3

Grenn

It is obvious that Anna is in fact a pygmy shrew.

Kuari

...  KAIJU BATTLE!!!...  now we just need a Tokyo battle arena...

*cough* anyways...  if I had to guess...  Anna would beeee....  Were
Also Aliyka's wings in that form reminds me of Lorenda...

jo-shadow

Goddammit shanna I already said I loved you what more do you want!!

She just keeps getting more and more awesome...er D':

Tapewolf

That is surprising.  Though if she really is a dragon, it raises interesting questions.  Dan's dislike for them, for example, or that unless she is a very, very young dragon, she is liable to work out or guess what Dan is and possibly even his clan affiliation...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

PurpleCheeseLlama

List!

I'd have to say Were for Anna :3 seems the most likely at this point.

Also, I don't think Shanna is a dragon (if she is, I'm dumb, but w/e) since her eyes didn't do what Pyroduck's did, which was become slitted, and she didn't have wings, though they might not be necessessary (or however you spell that.)

Now that I've said all this, she's gonna be a dragon...although my first thought upon reading the comic was 'DINOSAUR!' <3

Quote from: AmigaDragon on June 06, 2008, 02:46:28 AM
Not all giant reptilians are dragons. I'm sticking with mythos for Shanna regardless of size (assuming they have many possible forms, like Hennya, Matilda, Dan's captors).

Lots of Mythos are like snakes...is this because they are more common...or Amber just likes drawing snake Mythos?

Quote from: Mwa on June 06, 2008, 02:20:46 AM

Rage to 'Hoshit!' was what I was thinking XD

Also, I like how some of Hannah's hair is messed up and her skull is showing in the first panel :3

Ren Gaulen

Holy sh!t, that's awesome.. :eek I kind of expected Shanna to have a "Second Stage" form, but I didn't expect her to be a dragon. Dragons are always cool in my book. I think I'll be walking around with a stupid happy smile till the end of the day. :) *walks off with a stupid happy smile on his face*

Slowtini

Quote from: Gamma on June 06, 2008, 02:12:46 AM
All I can say is, Hooray for big huge monstrous fight!

I was kinda hoping to see a fight without her transforming but this makes more sense.

She didn't have the DMFA Super-Spandex Clothes.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 06, 2008, 06:31:54 AM
That is surprising.  Though if she really is a dragon, it raises interesting questions.  Dan's dislike for them, for example, or that unless she is a very, very young dragon, she is liable to work out or guess what Dan is and possibly even his clan affiliation...

given that this is A) a flashback, and B) Dan is likely to be in his teens, and thus not showing his Incubi heritage just yet. She is unlikely to find out his cubi leanings until post- SAIA arc.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Kasarn

There goes the neighbourhood :/
At least it won't be a load bearing boss... well, presumably...

Also, I was bored; needs moar filters.