06/01/08 [Abel 2 #19] - Recognize those bubbles?

Started by Sunblink, May 31, 2008, 11:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

So. The good doctor has finally made his anticipated appearance. :3

I love the drawing of Abel in the last panel. Everything in this page is really fascinating to me; makes me want to know more about SAIA's process with dealing with the mentally-insane/hurt.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Gamma

:erk
Umm.......
You remember we are talking about the cubi right?
They are roaming the hallways freely and gaily, well most of the time.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Zedd

Brunhidden

let me take the wild guess that the two clans who had members volunteer to be abels roomie kinda 'get off' on crushing depression and whatever else is in his cocktail of downward spiral.

i mean, do you really think its one of those clans that enjoys dressing up as clowns and going to childrens hospitals? they'd slit their wrists near abel right now.

QuoteIn addition to my other numerous acquaintances, I have one more intimate confidant. My depression is the most faithful mistress I have known -- no wonder, then, that I return the love.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

tlarn

Quote from: Zedd on June 01, 2008, 12:34:09 AM
Tiny bubbless...*plays on the piano*
Ooh! Ooh! Do "Stairway to Heaven"! :V

Honestly though, I'm liking where this development is going. It's nice to see a story this deep!

Ted Schiller

Uhm, what bubbles?   :B

Also, Clan Seme?  Are they looking for a cute uke?  :U

With regards,
Ted

Tarynsgate

Quote from: Brunhidden on June 01, 2008, 12:36:40 AM
let me take the wild guess that the two clans who had members volunteer to be abels roomie kinda 'get off' on crushing depression and whatever else is in his cocktail of downward spiral.

i mean, do you really think its one of those clans that enjoys dressing up as clowns and going to childrens hospitals? they'd slit their wrists near abel right now.

QuoteIn addition to my other numerous acquaintances, I have one more intimate confidant. My depression is the most faithful mistress I have known -- no wonder, then, that I return the love.

Its either that or there's some real thoughtful 'cubi out there :P perhaps (due to methods similar to Aniz's) there have been 'cubi who've gone through the same problem?
Et Manu Et Corde - With hand and with heart

Damaris

Ted- Doctor Ink's bubbles have a black "fuzz" around them.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Victoire Épique

Quote from: Ted Schiller on June 01, 2008, 01:18:56 AM
Uhm, what bubbles?   :B

Also, Clan Seme?  Are they looking for a cute uke?  :U

With regards,
Ted

The speech bubbles.
Basically, Dr. Ink is in the house.
C:

Maybe there's a clan Uke?
Maybe that's Aniz's clan, and therefore Abel's clan.
No wonder they offered to be his roommate...

Edit: Deh, beaten to the punch.
Also, I forgot to mention, that's got to be one of my favourite drawings of Abel ever. :U

rabid_fox

Emotional quarantine! Fantastic phrase. I may attempt to work that into my casual conversation both today, tomorrow and Wednesday, but not on Tuesday. That makes it too easy for 'em.

Oh dear.

Turnsky

ah, ink.. good to see the chap getting some DMFA exposure once again.. he does get about, mind you.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Magic

QuoteAh, Ink.. good to see the chap getting some DMFA exposure once again.. he does get about, mind you.

Amusing how two cameos on two different strips turn up at relatively the same time. That, or Turnsky just has good timing; or vice versa, depending on who's been planning the story out longer. Amber asked for permission a long time ago, and I forgot how long ago. I hardly go on messengers as of late.

I'm curious, though, on exactly how dark Amber will portray Ink this time around, now that he's-- less-- restricted by the rating. Hm. And of course, I still love the 'trademark' speech balloons, and most notably how they were used to introduce The 'Good' Doctor with creative use of the panels.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Ren Gaulen

Hysterics? Flailing? I don't remember any of these happening! :U We missed all the interesting stuff while we were watching other interesting stuff!! D:
Anyway, I'm happy to see Abel again. :3 And the fact that Dr. Ink appears too is great.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ink on June 01, 2008, 06:17:44 AM
I'm curious, though, on exactly how dark Amber will portray Ink this time around, now that he's-- less-- restricted by the rating.
This is a good point, though on the other hand it is liable to be restricted by Abel, since it will take him a while to see things from the 'Cubi viewpoint.  And then there's the blood phobia.  I imagine Ink will have to be fairly careful around Abel for a while yet if they want to have him as a functioning student.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

The entertaining part is that by the main story, Abel has reached the stability point of throwing up when he sees blood, but that's about it.

Or, at least, so it seemed to me.

I suspect the hand of Ink splashing blood on him a bit. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

kaskar

8) I wonder when Doctor Ink will try to put Abel thru the hoops ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Joe3210

Quote from: kaskar on June 01, 2008, 08:11:45 AM

I'm guessing when Abel is able to handle it.

Puns are fun, aren't they?
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

SpottedKitty

Quote from: kaskar on June 01, 2008, 08:11:45 AM
You mean their discussion while Dan was having his close encounter of the Nirfy kind? Yes, I'm sure that's going to be rather... eventful when it happens. Remembering that one of Ink's hobbies appears to be finding people's buttons, then playing Bach on them...
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Lucheek

Aaaaa....the depressing. -gives him a hug-

I wonder what Ink's fluffy speech bubbles are supposed to react in his voice. (I assumed they ment that his voice has a qaulity that would imagi-fy into the black glow.)

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Damaris on June 01, 2008, 01:45:56 AM
Ted- Doctor Ink's bubbles have a black "fuzz" around them.

Ah.  I call them "balloons."  Thank you.  :)

With regards,
Ted

Alondro

*Charles ph3ars the Ink*  He makes bad things happen... :c
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AmigaDragon

I noticed that in the linked Foxfire strip, Ink had normal speech balloons, then in the next one he had both normal and fuzzy ones. In the DMFA Radio project, they applied some (variable?) time-shift to Ink's voice.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on June 01, 2008, 02:30:47 PM
In the DMFA Radio project, they applied some (variable?) time-shift to Ink's voice.
Reverse reverb.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aleolus

Hmm, to be perfectly honest, I'm not looking forward to seeing Abel go through Ink's testing and training, which I'm betting is where this all is going.  >_<  That will not be pretty.

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on June 01, 2008, 02:10:51 PM
*Charles ph3ars the Ink*  He makes bad things happen... :c
Not as bad when Charline makes bad things happen to you  >:3

kazzellin

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 01, 2008, 08:00:39 AM
The entertaining part is that by the main story, Abel has reached the stability point of throwing up when he sees blood, but that's about it.

I'm not so sure about that; remember when he got splattered with red paint ( http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_625.php )? I've been wondering if the "Ha... Han..." thing he stammers before puking was trying to say Hennya's name through shock or something. (Dunno if that's been mentioned at all before this; I don't frequent the forum nearly as much as I should. :P )

DarkAudit

Quote from: kazzellin on June 01, 2008, 07:52:40 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 01, 2008, 08:00:39 AM

I'm not so sure about that; remember when he got splattered with red paint ( http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_625.php )? I've been wondering if the "Ha... Han..." thing he stammers before puking was trying to say Hennya's name through shock or something. (Dunno if that's been mentioned at all before this; I don't frequent the forum nearly as much as I should. :P )

Um, no. Aniz reacted the same way when he was coming down from the red mist.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

AmigaDragon

Remember, Abel was hemophobic before Henya's demise. I don't think there's been any indication yet how long before his last encounter with Devin and Xander the condition first showed up, or if that was the first. I don't recall any instances shown prior to that.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Cathowl

Quote from: AmigaDragon on June 01, 2008, 08:47:08 PM
Remember, Abel was hemophobic before Henya's demise. I don't think there's been any indication yet how long before his last encounter with Devin and Xander the condition first showed up, or if that was the first. I don't recall any instances shown prior to that.

Ehm, from the comic you just linked:
"He had this same issue when we were kids. Guess he didn't grow out of it."

KelseyPotter

I do feel sorry for Abel, especially since I can surmise what is about to come.

As for the "Ha...Han..." thing, I think that was more Abel hypervenilating than actually trying to say anything. Similarly, Aniz was getting his breathing under control when he made the same noise.