05/19/08 [DMFA #905] - Fluffy Tail

Started by AndersW, May 19, 2008, 04:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

It looks like she just pops together like a jigsaw puzzle. :mowdizzy

Raffe

I'm still surprised Dan is taking this so well.
And, Ah, the glowing yellow eyes are behind the regular, that why we didn't see them in the crate.
....and did she just sew herself back together? Reminds me of Nightmare Before Christmas
Hooray ellipsis!

Ren Gaulen

In the first panel... I can almost see Alucard's grin. And her right "eye" looks awesome. Hurray for the Undead! >:]

Lucheek

I guess thats why she had her hair in the style, so her skull wouldn't show through, and the ring on her fingers to hide the stiches.

I never saw her tail, is it a fluffy bunny tail or a more Mabesque fluff?
---
And Dark Pegasus hates the undead? Strange, being that he's come back 3 times since now...maybe things have changed.

Jacob Darkk

Quote from: Lucheek on May 19, 2008, 04:20:00 PM
I guess thats why she had her hair in the style, so her skull wouldn't show through, and the ring on her fingers to hide the stiches.

---
And Dark Pegasus hates the undead? Strange, being that he's come back 3 times since now...maybe things have changed.

This is a flashback.  Chances are he hasn't died once yet.
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Mythbusters

... Time to de-ass the area with the quickness. - Mythbusters

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lucheek on May 19, 2008, 04:20:00 PM
We don't know that.  If we take Dan's dialogue during the DvP arc at face value, Pegasus was defeated twice before, but only killed once.  (Becoming a total of three times and twice once that arc ended).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Feather Dancer

I noticed the finger before but the undeadness never clicked till this moment. Damnit. I do love her hair though.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

PurpleCheeseLlama

I love the 'Grind...Grind...' in the third panel XD and how well Hannah is taking this, minus the slight distress over the loss of her tail (seriously, who takes a tail?)

On another note, thank you Amber for updating earlier :-3 usually I have to wait 'til 11/12pm my time, now only about 9pm, which means I can get my dose of DMFA without staying up too late XD

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

CameronCN

So it appears Undead flesh is capable of somehow rejoining when severed...it leaves a mark, but it doesn't involve stitches. (And anyway, what kind of way is stitches to reattach limbs? It's hardly sturdy, and the bones would still be flopping around beneath!)

Jack McSlay

It's rather curious for an undead to look so scar-free while being a warrior for so long

Quote from: Lucheek on May 19, 2008, 04:20:00 PMI guess thats why she had her hair in the style, so her skull wouldn't show through, and the ring on her fingers to hide the stiches.

---
my theory is that he stays alive by something more powerful than an undead curse. remember that you need to be attacked by an undead before dying, so unless he was attacked few days before being killed any of the times he's technically not an undead. And as Amber said already, the chance for an average undead to effectively attack a demon is slim.
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: Jack McSlay on May 19, 2008, 05:04:10 PM
Quote from: Lucheek on May 19, 2008, 04:20:00 PMI
my theory is that he stays alive by something more powerful than an undead curse. remember that you need to be attacked by an undead before dying, so unless he was attacked few days before being killed any of the times he's technically not an undead. And as Amber said already, the chance for an average undead to effectively attack a demon is slim.

Maybe he's using Horcruxes |-D 7 of 'em!

Raskahn

Glowing eyes in the dark that match your own spoil ominous intros

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on May 19, 2008, 05:09:27 PM

Anyone else who brings that shit in here will get an instant 3-day ban.

Unless they're actually bringing in the original that it was based on.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 19, 2008, 05:16:42 PM

Unless they're actually bringing in the original that it was based on.

Apologies >->

llearch n'n'daCorna

No problem. It's just derivative and boring and bland.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Angel

....For a second, I thought Hannah meant she was a Death Knight. Then I re-read and figured out that I'm a bit of a doofus.

And by the way...

BEST. COMIC. EVER. Even better than Aliyka's pretty expression in the first panel of the last one. Yay undead regenerators!
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Black_angel on May 19, 2008, 05:39:05 PM
Yay undead regenerators!

She is not regenerating.. >:3 She is recombinating. :P

Sid

She is undead, partially disassembled... and still so beautiful. Is there anything Amber can't turn into something completely desirable?
:boogie

Stygian

How the heck, I say? I mean, the comic is great and all, and this is a really nice turn that also explains her eyes from before. But to re-assemble just like that? Is there something you haven't been telling us, Amber?

Sid

Quote from: Stygian on May 19, 2008, 05:57:56 PM
But to re-assemble just like that? Is there something you haven't been telling us, Amber?

It worked for Voltron, it'll work for Hannah! :P (Hooray for odd logic!) (Besides: Magic! :eager)
:boogie

Sunblink

Looking closely at the image, I think this also sort of answers the mystery surrounding Hannah's middle finger - specifically, why it seems paler than her other digits. There's some stitching around the joint of her finger, indicating that the finger had been reattached. I guess Hannah either put her finger back when she was reassembling her body, or had misplaced it at some point a long time ago, explaining its pallid coloration.

Either way, this is a really awesome scene. Hannah looks awesome in the second and third panel. Plus we've learned something about Dark Pegasus. I'm rather interested in his loathing of the Undead race...

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Naldru

When I saw this, my mind immediately went to the "The Man That Was Used Up", a story by Edgar Allan Poe.  I found a link to it and thought you might find it interesting.

Having read Amber's rant, I can only say "Say it isn't so".  Your loyal readers will defy time itself on your behalf.

By the way, Amber, I was also thinking of something else

Please forgive us
For each time we have said or done mean things for no good reason
For each time time tha our selfishness has made us forget the needs of others
For forgetting we are all part of one family
For those and for so many things big and small that make it seem we are separate
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Ren Gaulen

Hmm... Maybe Dark P is undead, and he hates the Undead race for making him what he is?

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 19, 2008, 05:16:42 PM

*Charline  :shifty *  I wasn't gonna say it... really... But look at my new lucky rabbit's foot!  *dangles Hanna's leg from a keychain*   >:3

*Charles also pops in to note*  Ooooo... I am going to enslave Amber to draw a Hollow-form Charline!   :eager
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

Hmm, That must not be fun..At least shes around again

Dard

That bit with  the fluffy tail is not surprising. I mean, we already know she appreciates warm and fluffy things.  :3

Reaver225

Side-quest! The quest for... THE FLUFFY TAIL!

Grenn

Or the magical energy just holds the bones together when they get close. Kind of a magnet I suppose you could say. :p

I for one find the whole strip awesome. Just the way she can stand there grinding body parts together and popping them back on without even skipping a beat in the dialogue is great.  :boogie

Ren Gaulen

By the way, I have just noticed that priceless expression on Dannie's face in the first panel. I'm surprised no-one has commented on it yet.