05/07/08 [DMFA #901] - Not Thinking.

Started by AndersW, May 07, 2008, 03:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

So it was the Amazon, and she was dead. 

And it looks like Aliyka found him again.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Try smacking the one guy who isnt in drag

Ren Gaulen

*Ren* "Adrian! What do your Devil's Eyes say about Aliyka's annoying persistence level?"
*Adrian* "It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAND!!!"

I kind of expect Dan to finally snap and use a bit of brute force to make Aliyka realize her mistake (her mistake of picking a fight with him, not her mistake of thinking Dan to be a guard). But since they are supposed to befriend each other during this adventure that is not likely to happen.
Also, Shanna and Ann may still be alive! Hurrah!! :D And there is still a possibility of Hannah being an undead and coming back to "life after death". Then again, undeath probably does not work like that in DMFA... But if Hannah suddenly appears "Alucard-style" during the battle with Dark P and his henchmen, that would be totally awesome!

Naldru

Incredible.  The more we see of Aliyka, the more Dan appears to becoming brighter and organized.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Angel

Aw... poor Hannah. And apparently, the plant-dog's name is Ann. Interesting.

Never realized Aliyka was so impulsive before, though.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 07, 2008, 03:32:22 PM
Also, Shanna and Ann may still be alive! Hurrah!! :D And there is still a possibility of Hannah being an undead and coming back to "life after death". Then again, undeath probably does not work like that in DMFA... But if Hannah suddenly appears "Alucard-style" during the battle with Dark P and his henchmen, that would be totally awesome!

I'm trying SO HARD not to imagine Hannah with the Alucard smile for everyone else's sake, but my inner Hellsing fangirl is quite powerful.  One day I might overcome her... one day. >:3 But yeah. Undeads rising up during battle scene. Fun fun!
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on May 07, 2008, 03:38:09 PM
Incredible.  The more we see of Aliyka, the more Dan appears to becoming brighter and organized.

I still swear that Dan's incompetence is a feint to ensure people underestimate him.
Still, I have to wonder what Merlitz is going through...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 07, 2008, 03:54:31 PM
I still swear that Dan's incompetence is a feint to ensure people underestimate him.

Nah, I don't believe he can be that smart yet. I'm sure Dan is smart, he simply does not realize how smart he really is. But when his time comes, world will never be the same again...

Still, I have to wonder what Merlitz is going through...

Well, there is a possibility that Aliyka has changed since then. If she has not, however, than Merlitz should be feeling lots of mental pain nowadays...

Raffe

Could Hannah become undead? She was decapitated and you nead a head to be undead.
Hooray ellipsis!

CameronCN

HANNAH! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Madmann135

Is this the first bat to the head from a friend Dan's recieved?
Jyrras said that everyone hits Dan with a bat sooner or later.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Lena

I guess I watch too much of my mother's soap operas (read: mock soap operas and make her laugh while watching) to be sure Hannah was dead until it was proven beyond a doubt. Now I'm going to go pout over the loss of an awesome character. :[

On a side note, the wallpaper war sketches are adorable. Abel's face = priceless. :lol

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 07, 2008, 04:06:34 PM

Nah, I don't believe he can be that smart yet. I'm sure Dan is smart, he simply does not realize how smart he really is. But when his time comes, world will never be the same again...

There's quite a chasm between being intelligent and using the intelligence you have. Even when you use it, there can be lapses in the frequency that it's used.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChainmailYaoi on May 07, 2008, 04:52:45 PM
Could Hannah become undead? She was decapitated and you nead a head to be undead.
You need a whole head to be undead.  Whether just the head will work remains to be seen.  On the other hand, being just a disembodied head would kind of suck.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 07, 2008, 05:39:45 PM
You need a whole head to be undead.  Whether just the head will work remains to be seen.  On the other hand, being just a disembodied head would kind of suck.

Yes, but if we imagine that she could pull off that Alucard's "recombination" trick... >:] Nah, that is improbable!.. Yet I want to believe...

Lucheek

So Hannah= rabbit, Shanna= Lizard, Ann= Dog?

Okay.

....why did Cuddles have to die? D:

Zedd

Enough with moaning over her right now. Im sure if Aliyka realizes that her small peanut brain that our fellow boy in the dress..Very fine dress btw...ISNT a guard. If he was he'd surrely be on her feathered ass like white on rice

Ryan_Galen

You know, Dan really looks like a girl in today's picture. Flower in the hair, none of his robe showing, even his angry face in the last panel. Though to be honest that probally has more to due with his sister then Dan himself.

Ok, so Aliyka is up to bats. Anyone want to take bets if she reaches morningstars before catching on?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Ryan_Galen on May 07, 2008, 06:42:01 PM
Ok, so Aliyka is up to bats. Anyone want to take bets if she reaches morningstars before catching on?

I have a better idea: betting on the possibility that Dan will forget that he is a gentleman and correct Aliyka. With a good punch. Hell, he looks distressed enough to actually punch her at this moment.

Akisohida

How can that be Aliyka? There is a bat there and Ali is nonviolent. I do think Dan is at his breaking point, though.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

terrycloth

She's not nonviolent, she's a pacifist. She believes in nonviolence... then she loses her temper and smashes things.

And did anyone else think Dan suddenly grew a goatee in panel 2?

Don

Things are starting to get interesting. I'm guessing that the other two amazons being alive are slim chanced and with everyone of them Dan see's decapitated Is garunteed only going to contribute to how much he's going to want pegasus dead when he finds him.

The rabbit was definatly my favorite of the trio and before this pegasus didn't bug me that much, now..I want to see him suffer. I await the comic when Dan destroys him, it will be good.

On another note, The donation drive seems to be going very well this time around. It'll be interesting to see wich side actually comes out with the most donations.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 07, 2008, 05:39:45 PM

Lord Genome would disagree, he found the experience quite interesting. </irrelevant reference>
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on May 07, 2008, 07:37:37 PM
Lord Genome would disagree, he found the experience quite interesting. </irrelevant reference>

...And now I am thinking about DMFA/TTGL cross-over. Why do you do it to me??? 'A'

Abel to Dan: "Don't believe in yourself, Dan! Believe in me, who believes in you!! PIERCE THE HEAVENS WITH YOUR DRILL!!! >:D"

Dan: "MEEP. :eek"

Teroniss

You know, all these can be explained via the Slayers anime.

Dan = The brick dumb, yet instinctfully wise male bishonen who is always dressed as a female for humor and/or plot convenience (aka Gourry Gabriev)

Aliyka = The love and peace breaching pacifist who uses oxymoronic moves to pass the message of peace (aka Amelia)

Amber Williams

Quote from: Akisohida on May 07, 2008, 07:05:11 PM
How can that be Aliyka? There is a bat there and Ali is nonviolent. I do think Dan is at his breaking point, though.

This flashback is set approximately about 5 years in the past.   You'd be amazed how much a person can change between being 19 years old and 24.

Hannah is undead.  She's been undead longer than Dan has been alive.  I wanted to make it a suprise, but frankly I am kind of tired of the constant commentary about its possibility and I dont feel like dealing with a thread of people getting all booyah when she actually does come around.  So instead I have opted to ruin the suprise by spoiling it for everyone.  Victory for me.

On the plus side, at least the vast majority of readers who dont go to the forum will be happily suprised. :3

Teroniss

Oh crap, Amber one up'ed us for a change. I feel dirty now  :erk

Alondro

Darn, and here I was set to make a dead Hanna Montana joke.   Hmm... an undead Hanna Montana joke?  

Meh.   :P

Well now she's gonna suddenly rise up and eat Dan's brain!   :zombiekun2

Oh... well... that'd be considered zombie diet food, though.  Kinda like the zombies that checked Homer Simpson for brains in that old old Halloween special.   :giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tycoon

Apparently Dan has the innate ability to create slogans for various skincare companies.

Quote from: Demonology 101While now capable of magic, the Undead are highly prone to redying like any other being if their head is properly damaged.

If Hannah isn't entirely vanquished, I suppose this means that the brain must be crushed or some such to totally eliminate one of the undead.

Teroniss

Quote from: Tycoon on May 07, 2008, 09:18:25 PM

If Hannah isn't entirely vanquished, I suppose this means that the brain must be crushed or some such to totally eliminate one of the undead.

She could also be a vampire type undead, what with the lack of rotting skin and other zombie traits