04/18/08 [DMFA #896]

Started by Alondro, April 18, 2008, 06:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Heh heh heh, well at least Dan doesn't deny that his head's a solid lump o lead.   :giggle

I'd make a joke about Charline's head being like that... but that would result in terrible agony... for me. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Akisohida

Rofl. 'Did you just try to headclunk me?' Dan has 'Perk: Hardheaded. +4 to defense against headclunks.' :D
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

computer nerd

XD man that funny I didn't see that one coming ... wait isn't she suppose to be nonviolent person ?  :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

I suspect it's a result of this discussion. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aisha deCabre

Aliyyyyka!  Always nice to see her again.  I guess this is where Dan's head develops into its famous rock texture.

And on that note, I'm guessing the "when did you become a Phoenix?" thing is either not canon or a fault of Dan's forgetfulness. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Ren Gaulen

I find Dannie's expression in the last panel absolutely priceless. "Did you just try to headklunk me?" - asked Dan with a slightly sad look on his face, while his unfortunate assailant writhed in pain from a broken hand..." Yeah, Dan's skeleton got to be composed of pure superstrongium! :3 Or adamantium (it's better anyway)... Wait, shouldn't retractable "knuckle blades" come with adamantium skeleton?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tycoon on April 18, 2008, 06:43:37 PM
It takes one to break a hand, but two to headclunk.

It was a "thock", not a "klunk"! >:3 Also, don't forget that Mab's "Justice Fist" was involved. Nothing can withstand a blow of a Justice Fist! Nothing!! D:<

terrycloth

So, nonviolent means Slayers' style.

PACIFIST CRUSH!
GOODWILL TOWARDS MEN SMASH!

Eibborn

terrycloth, exactly what I was thinking! XD We're both colossal dorks.

...I guess this is actually before she went pacifist.
/kicks the internet over

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: terrycloth on April 18, 2008, 06:56:05 PM
So, nonviolent means Slayers' style.

PACIFIST CRUSH!
GOODWILL TOWARDS MEN SMASH!

Hell, yeah, Pacifist Crush!! :O Either that or "Mace to the face"! >:3

...I wonder if a "nerve pinch" would knock Dan out?

Tapewolf

I think the pacifism comes into it because she tried to KO him, rather than simply sticking a knife between his shoulderblades...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 18, 2008, 07:20:59 PM
I think the pacifism comes into it because she tried to KO him, rather than simply sticking a knife between his shoulderblades...

Don't forget that he is still a valuable sacrifice, and therefore must be kept alive and mostly intact.

I find it rather strange that Dark P has such lousy guards. Where are the Death Knights?? I'm starting to think that there are only two competent people in Dark P's organization, and Dark P himself is neither of them.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 18, 2008, 07:39:45 PM
Don't forget that he is still a valuable sacrifice, and therefore must be kept alive and mostly intact.

I doubt Aliyka knows that.  Or were you thinking that she was planning to screw DP's plan by sacrificing the sacrifice prematurely?  (That's not quite my idea of pacifism...)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 18, 2008, 07:46:20 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 18, 2008, 07:39:45 PM

I doubt Aliyka knows that.  Or were you thinking that she was planning to screw DP's plan by sacrificing the sacrifice prematurely?  (That's not quite my idea of pacifism...)

No, I mean that I thought Aliyka herself was one of the guards at Dark P's base (and therefore should know what the escaped sacrificial maiden looks like and is to capture "her"). For some reason a thought of her possibly being an adventurer sneaking inside the castle have not crossed my mind. :[ Meh, I might have jumped to a wrong conclusion, but I'll stay with my variant for now.

Zedd

Poor gal...I bet its all the same for others who hit his head

joshofspam

i wonder if this is the adventure where he uses the spork
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Akisohida

Quote from: joshofspam on April 18, 2008, 08:17:09 PM

..Dan in a loincloth...I can hear the sound of millions of keyboards being used for bad fanfics now. o.o
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Akisohida on April 18, 2008, 08:45:50 PM
..Dan in a loincloth...I can hear the sound of millions of keyboards being used for bad fanfics now. o.o

...And some good fanfics too! :3 "Daniel the Barbarian"! "Daniel the Destroyer"!! "300 Furres" with Dan as Leonidas!!! :B

NDDR

this gives me an idea for a bad fanfic.

Wanderer

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 18, 2008, 08:56:45 PM

...And some good fanfics too! :3
Not with this fanbase, I don't think.

Not that people here can't write good fanfics, it's just that i'm pretty sure they WON'T. Most of them seem the sort to PREFER writing bad ones.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Wanderer on April 18, 2008, 08:59:38 PM
...And some good fanfics too! :3
Not with this fanbase, I don't think.

Not that people here can't write good fanfics, it's just that i'm pretty sure they WON'T. Most of them seem the sort to PREFER writing bad ones.

Then I will write a good fanfic! FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!! *starts writing a bad fanfic* ARGH!! It feels like some power drives me to write a bad fanfic! ... And I feel like yielding to it... >:3

WhiteFire

Quote from: Wanderer on April 18, 2008, 08:59:38 PM

Some of us just prefer to write about original characters when we do. Just seems both rude and a bit arrogant to assume you know what their characters would do in any given situation.

Kenji

Quote from: joshofspam on April 18, 2008, 08:17:09 PM

No, the dress would spark more I'm sure.

Speaking of which, why he hasn't taken it off yet leaves ya wonderin...

llearch n'n'daCorna

...And some good fanfics too! :3 "Daniel the Barbarian"! "Daniel the Destroyer"!! "300 Furres" with Dan as Leonidas!!! :B

"40,000 <censored> under the loincloth" ?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

actually i always thought dan when talking about his spork adventure he was talking about one of those utensils you get from taco bell thats a cross beteen a fork and a spoon
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Goatmon

Dan's head is clearly immune to anything weaker than wood. 

Wanderer

Quote from: joshofspam on April 18, 2008, 10:42:34 PM
actually i always thought dan when talking about his spork adventure he was talking about one of those utensils you get from taco bell thats a cross beteen a fork and a spoon
He is. The spork gains infamy as being one of the most useless eating utensils ever designed. So, if you can fight off a large force with something that's pretty much MADE to be useless, it says something.

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 18, 2008, 07:39:45 PMI find it rather strange that Dark P has such lousy guards. Where are the Death Knights?? I'm starting to think that there are only two competent people in Dark P's organization, and Dark P himself is neither of them.
I begin to think having something such as death knights must imply on a very high payment, either monetary or of magical effort, and 24/7 surveillance it not quite the type of task you usually give to elite warriors
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Caswin

Okay, that made me laugh out loud.

Had I more energy, I expect I would have laughed harder.

Heh.  :)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.