04/14/08 [DMFA #894] - Starting off on the wrong foot.

Started by Suwako, April 14, 2008, 04:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suwako

That's why he is wearing high heels  :U  How amazing, how grand.. how noble.. yeah, It really stupid thing to promise oneself.  :B Still updates~ Bweee

Please post in the other topic of todays strip, I beg you.  :)

(This topic was brought to you by somanyeditsguy.com
we can't write a coherent sentence on the first try.)

Kuari

Poor poor Dan...  not only did they dress him like a girl, but they gave him shoes to match....  Well, now we know why Dan has such a large high heel collection...  kind of.  Sure we know why he has them, but why so many?

Ren Gaulen

Yeah, the mystery behind the high heeled shoes, resolved! And breaking your ankle bites. In Dan's situation it actually bites ten times as much.

Tapewolf

Presumably Hannah is the rabbit, since Dan seemed to speak to her most?

As for the computer, the first thing to try with random crashes is MemTest86+.  This is something you have to burn to a floppy disk/cd/usb stick and boot from - Windows will only get in the way.  Generally you leave it running overnight and see if it has found anything in the morning.  If you right away get a whole load of errors you know you've got a problem, but there are more subtle ones which can elude it.  Still, it's generally the first port of call.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 14, 2008, 04:57:26 PM
Presumably Hannah is the rabbit, since Dan seemed to speak to her most?

Hannah is a reptilian girl. As far as I remember among the three amazons only her name was mentioned.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 14, 2008, 05:00:51 PM
Hannah is a reptilian girl. As far as I remember among the three amazons only her name was mentioned.

I've double-checked, and Shanna is the reptilian.  Hannah is a new name.  Five hours pass in 886 so I'm guessing they were introduced during that time...

Jack McSlay

Maybe he has high-heel shoes of different heel sizes so he could train using them so he woudn't have problems next time he went on this predicament.

For the computer problem, I've picked it up once, but found out it was Windows going crazy because I had switched to a 64-bit processor... For a cooling problem possibility, unless the computer has become any less or more noisy, it's not likely.
To be sure, check if the rear vent is blowing out a slightly warm wind and if there's an air opening on the left with a few bolts around it, check if it's blowing air inside the computer. If there isn't an opening on the left, just send it to warranty in case it's still valid, or open it to make sure the cooler is spinning.
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 14, 2008, 05:10:03 PM
I've double-checked, and Shanna is the reptilian.  Hannah is a new name.  Five hours pass in 886 so I'm guessing they were introduced during that time...

Oh, right. I mixed up their names. You're probably right then about Hannah being a bunny. But now I really wonder what is the third one's name? Shanna, Hannah... The third name must be similar to the first two.

CameronCN

Alondro

Yeah, that's Dan in a nutshell.  If yer mistaken for a girl and trip over things due to high-heels, learn how to walk in high heels rather than simply trying to look more macho.

Hmm... it's almost like Dan WANTS to look like a girl!

Dan is transexual!  ZOMG!   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jack McSlay on April 14, 2008, 05:17:01 PM
Maybe he has high-heel shoes of different heel sizes so he could train using them so he woudn't have problems next time he went on this predicament.
Most likely.
QuoteFor the computer problem, I've picked it up once, but found out it was Windows going crazy because I had switched to a 64-bit processor...
Shouldn't make a jot of difference unless you're running a 64-bit version of Windows.  They will quite happily run DOS if you are so driven.

QuoteTo be sure, check if the rear vent is blowing out a slightly warm wind and if there's an air opening on the left with a few bolts around it, check if it's blowing air inside the computer. If there isn't an opening on the left, just send it to warranty in case it's still valid, or open it to make sure the cooler is spinning.
You can get software for windows that works on most modern PCs, which will actually tell you the system's temperature.  If it exceeds 50 degrees Celsius, you may have a problem.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 14, 2008, 05:21:33 PM
You're probably right then about Hannah being a bunny. But now I really wonder what is the third one's name?
I still vote for 'Pod-Puppy'.

Zedd

Aisha deCabre

Heh, and here's where it's quite believable that high-heeled shoes can be used for training.  I don't even wear the darn things.   :rolleyes

As for Hannah...I suspect that she's whoever the leader is, like perhaps the rabbit.  That's what I think at least, when he uses her name plus "...and the other Amazons" instead of just "the Amazons"...unless Hanna's just the one that he talked to more, knows better, etc, then the same reasoning applies.

This from a person who isn't at all good with names anyway.   :U
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

joshofspam

i guess this would  be one of many possible reasons he has the high heel in the present though are high heels really that dangers
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

This again makes me wonder if the Amazons know he's a guy.  We don't know what his voice is like at that point, but it just occurred to me that if, during their introductions he announced himself as 'Daniel Ti'Fiona', they may possibly have thought he said 'Danielle'.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 14, 2008, 05:27:47 PM
You're probably right then about Hannah being a bunny. But now I really wonder what is the third one's name?
I still vote for 'Pod-Puppy'.

As for me, I'll keep calling the bunny girl "Cuddles" anyway.

Quote from: Alondro on April 14, 2008, 05:27:01 PM
Hmm... it's almost like Dan WANTS to look like a girl!

Dan is transexual!  ZOMG!   :U

*sings* "I'm just a Sweet Transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania!"

Damn!! Why did you have to make me sing it again?!

terrycloth

Ti'fiona, it's all over,
your mission is a failure
'cause you can't walk in high heels.

Madmann135

talk about turning your weakness into your strength.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

CameronCN

Oh, I just noticed--wasn't there also some discussion awhile back over whether Dan wore pants under his robe? Well, looks like he does. :3

...which means he must be rather hot right now. He's wearing three layers, after all. :U

Cogidubnus

I wonder. Is that a pair of glasses in the upper-right hand corner, of the last panel?

Zedd

Also do note this in the future kiddies...Its to take off the inproper footware before contuine the journey of escaping your cell!

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 14, 2008, 05:10:03 PM

Oh, right. I mixed up their names. You're probably right then about Hannah being a bunny. But now I really wonder what is the third one's name? Shanna, Hannah... The third name must be similar to the first two.
Lana? Vannah? Nannah?

For possible cooling problems, don't forget the possibility of dust collecting in the heat sink fins. I had that causing shutdowns last summer. It's about time I checked it again, if not just go ahead and clean it out anyway. Don't forget all the other vent points too.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Wanderer

Well, I suppose if you're likely to end up kidnapped and forced into female attire, it's best to learn how to move in those outfits. I mean, if it's going to happen anyway, better learn how to handle it, no?

Azraelle

If you're ever forced into a strange wardrobe, it's best to be prepared for women's wardrobe, seeing as how the typical female wardrobe is about fifty times bigger than a male wardrobe, thus more likely.

At least, that's my excuse.

Hellcat

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cameron on April 14, 2008, 08:15:08 PM
Oh, I just noticed--wasn't there also some discussion awhile back over whether Dan wore pants under his robe? Well, looks like he does. :3

...which means he must be rather hot right now. He's wearing three layers, after all. :U

They're probably tights, not pants, and hence put on to match the -outer- layer of clothing.

And, given the complaints of the person who put them on him, I'd expect they stop about where you can see them - ie, the sort of legwarmer type affair that covers the lower legs, whilst leaving the upper legs uncovered.

But that's just my opinion.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lucheek

Oh, so Hannah is a newly-named Amazon? For a second  I thought it was a typo (and ment to be Shanna).

Hm. Rhyming names....

Goatmon

Sofox

I'm surprised Dan managed to sneek up on the woman in the firstplace with that footware.