04/02/08 [Hybrids #2] - Cubi - the Cuckoos

Started by Sunblink, April 02, 2008, 10:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on April 02, 2008, 01:34:30 PM
Quote from: Kibin on April 02, 2008, 01:32:49 PM
Hmmmm... there can be dragon/cubi hybrids but no gryphon-C hybrids...

If you can get someone willing to 'Doink' a 100 foot terror, go ahead.

*Charline takes that as a challenge!*  Don't tell me what I can and cannot do!   >:O
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Jadian

Quote from: Alondro on April 02, 2008, 01:46:08 PM

*Charline takes that as a challenge!*  Don't tell me what I can and cannot do!   >:O
We're not thinking of telling you that.  The Gryphon, on the other hand...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Pagan on April 02, 2008, 01:42:40 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 02, 2008, 01:24:34 PM
Very true. They are called undead for a reason. No way a walking corpse animated by magic will be able to reproduce.

Doesn't mean they can't do the motions. And that's all that's necessary.

You, sir, are creeping me out. Who in their sane mind would ever want to do that?

Quote from: Alondro on April 02, 2008, 01:46:08 PM

Just like Danny said, if you are willing then go ahead. No-one is stopping you. Just let me spread the spy-bots first. It must be recorded - for science, of course.

Amber Williams

In a couple updates, you will all find out this anyways, so I will say it now. All Furrae-dragons have two forms, a mega-size and a smaller being-size.  Pyroduck showed an example of this earlier. It is somewhat similar to a natural ability the Phoenix (B) group has in that they can switch between the two as a natural ability.

So a dragon having a half-breed with a race that is normally "smaller" isnt really all that odd.

Quote from: LionHeart on April 02, 2008, 01:37:44 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 02, 2008, 11:24:25 AM
Yes, Dan-tilda is awesome. *cough*

How about "Danilda"? Much more elegant-sounding...

I figured she would be called Megan personally...

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on April 02, 2008, 01:20:14 PM
I doubt it's disliking, more that they cannot be 'done'.

Very true. They are called undead for a reason. No way a walking corpse animated by magic will be able to reproduce.

This will also be coming up soon...(spoilers ahoy!)
Most peeps have it right. You dont really get "half" undead.  Once you hit Undead status, you sort of lose the bullets in your gun...the eggs in your basket...the little soldiers are pretty much done for...etc.   You cant really have kids. 

I should also make mention of a quirk with Undead...apparently the effects dont work on young children. So pretty much anything under the age of 10 is immune from going Undead.  They just stay dead.

Jadian

Ah.  That seems a bit odd, that children that young would happen to be immune...

I guess that means that all our practice on 'Taking on Five Year Olds in a Fight' won't help much when the Zombie Apocalypse rolls around.

Furour

Do you think Amber was dropping hints with Dan-tilda?

Pagan

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Amber Williams

Quote from: Jadian on April 02, 2008, 02:04:25 PM
Ah.  That seems a bit odd, that children that young would happen to be immune...

Not too odd really. Magic and the really young have always had a strange mixture.  That and I wont lie in that the concept of undead infants is incredibly retarded to me.(Not to mention creeeeeepy waters I dont want to even step into. Some things are just not meant to be in a comedy based comic) The way I figure,  the mind needs to be at a certain level of maturity before certain magical things can affect it.  And since the UnDead exist from a particular instance, there are certain aspects of it that dont work the same as your average zombie critter.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on April 02, 2008, 02:12:46 PM
I should nope not.

All of DMFA has taken place in about a month or so and it's been running since around 1999 IIRC.
If Dan knocked Matilda up right now, assuming a humanoid gestation period and the same rate of time per strip, she'd give birth sometime around 2081.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Furour on April 02, 2008, 02:05:59 PM
Do you think Amber was dropping hints with Dan-tilda?

I hope she did it only to sate our curiosity.

Kuari

e_voyager

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 02, 2008, 02:02:14 PM
I should also make mention of a quirk with Undead...apparently the effects dont work on young children. So pretty much anything under the age of 10 is immune from going Undead.  They just stay dead.

I'm guessing that this has to do with puberty more then innocence. am i right?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Pagan

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 02, 2008, 01:53:21 PM

You, sir, are creeping me out. Who in their sane mind would ever want to do that?

I'm quite a fan of the undead in any realm. Furrae's no different.

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 02, 2008, 02:21:17 PM
Quote from: Pagan on April 02, 2008, 02:12:46 PM
I should nope not.

All of DMFA has taken place in about a month or so and it's been running since around 1999 IIRC.
If Dan knocked Matilda up right now, assuming a humanoid gestation period and the same rate of time per strip, she'd give birth sometime around 2081.

Jeez! Well, my reasons against Matilda/Dan should be pretty obvious.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on April 02, 2008, 02:27:14 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 02, 2008, 02:21:17 PM
Jeez! Well, my reasons against Matilda/Dan should be pretty obvious.

Sorry, that should have been 2089.

I'd be kind of interested to know if Creature races become undead - so far it seems mostly to have referred to normal Beings.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Kuari on April 02, 2008, 02:23:26 PM
Weres aren't on either list...  the heck?

Oops. That was my bad. I thought I was forgetting something...probably got confuzzled due to mer being on the list and me accidently glancing it as both or something.  Fixed now.

*waves hand*
This is not the discussion you are looking for...

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 02, 2008, 02:43:26 PM
I'd be kind of interested to know if Creature races become undead - so far it seems mostly to have referred to normal Beings.

Creatures can become undead. Its just not as common. Probably because most situations where creatures end up dying usually doesnt involve a lot of contact with the Undead.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 02, 2008, 02:49:33 PM
Creatures can become undead. Its just not as common. Probably because most situations where creatures end up dying usually doesnt involve a lot of contact with the Undead.
Cool - thanks for taking the time to answer.

Quote from: Wanderer on April 02, 2008, 10:33:15 AM
I'm counting 11 limbs, unless I get my math wrong. Standard six = four legs, two arms. 7 = include the tail (it has to be included, it's clearly prehensile). 9 = backwings. 11 = headwings.
Looks like you missed the wing-tentacles.  If we assume four, that would make 15...

Jadian

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 02, 2008, 02:49:33 PM*waves hand*
This is not the discussion you are looking for...
This is not the discussion I am looking for....

*turns and walks out of the thread*

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 02, 2008, 02:18:22 PM
Quote from: Jadian on April 02, 2008, 02:04:25 PM

Not too odd really. Magic and the really young have always had a strange mixture.  That and I wont lie in that the concept of undead infants is incredibly retarded to me.(Not to mention creeeeeepy waters I dont want to even step into. Some things are just not meant to be in a comedy based comic) The way I figure,  the mind needs to be at a certain level of maturity before certain magical things can affect it.  And since the UnDead exist from a particular instance, there are certain aspects of it that dont work the same as your average zombie critter.

This part of the discussion reminds me of an episode of Moonlight (vampire series on CBS). One vampire had been turned in his teens and so was stuck in adolescence even though he was over 30 (or maybe even much, much older than that). A terribly awkward developmental stage to be stuck in for the rest of your (un)life (emotional immaturity, pimples and whatever else).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lucheek

I guess Megan (Amber wins the nameing right) has the scarf because she enhireted her father's noticable areas, instead of her moms. And- do I spy ears hanging inside her cobra-hood?

Also, I wonder what a Cubi-Were would be like. Assuming that a Cubi carries more power than a were (what is power measured by anyways?), the kid would be a cubi. But would they still carry the ability to shift to human and animal. I mean, in the were-way. Not in the Cubi-way.

...Would the animal have wings?

Amber Williams

Quote from: Lucheek on April 02, 2008, 04:36:44 PM
I guess Megan (Amber wins the nameing right) has the scarf because she enhireted her father's noticable areas, instead of her moms. And- do I spy ears hanging inside her cobra-hood?

Nah. I gave her a scarf cause I felt like giving her some fashion.  And cause I knew someone was gonna comment on it.  :mwaha

Fresnor

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 02, 2008, 04:42:53 PM
Quote from: Lucheek on April 02, 2008, 04:36:44 PM

Nah. I gave her a scarf cause I felt like giving her some fashion.  And cause I knew someone was gonna comment on it.  :mwaha

Since Amber actually gave her a name, does that mean she will be showing up again?

Daymond42

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 02, 2008, 02:02:14 PM

Well that's good, at least. The thought of undead babies just kinda... sounds creepy. :)

.. though I could bring on the "dead baby" jokes.. :)

Fresnor

Oh yeah, and how would a 'Cubi/Were hybrid work?  Especially in human or feral forms...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Fresnor on April 02, 2008, 05:36:27 PM
Oh yeah, and how would a 'Cubi/Were hybrid work?  Especially in human or feral forms...
Since older 'Cubi seem to be magic-powered rather than biology-powered, it could be very nasty/fatal if switching to human form interrupts the magic that drives their metabolism  :U

Mwa

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 02, 2008, 05:53:06 PM
Quote from: Fresnor on April 02, 2008, 05:36:27 PM
Since older 'Cubi seem to be magic-powered rather than biology-powered, it could be very nasty/fatal if switching to human form interrupts the magic that drives their metabolism  :U
Surely since 'Cubi can shapeshift already, the were-shifty-thing wouldn't have any particular effects?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mwa on April 02, 2008, 07:20:14 PM
Surely since 'Cubi can shapeshift already, the were-shifty-thing wouldn't have any particular effects?
My understanding was that when a Were shifts into human form, they have counter-magic properties/abilities.  That said, it can't block everything or they'd never be able to shift back again.

terrycloth

So it sounds like when they went 'pop' they'd still be able to change shape, but they'd lose the extra-magic/anti-magic were stuff in favor of the cubi mindreading etc. Otherwise, they'd be a mary-sue style hybrid with the powers of both parents.

e_voyager

Sound reasoning tape a were cubi in human forum i look to Dan when he was wearing the human patch and all the weaknesses that came with it. the loos of shearing balance and i do but if he could smell some one standing right behind him in that form but there a were in human form still has enhanced sense so the doubt wouldn't be quite that bad.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aleolus

Wait a minute, lets count here.  You've got 4 legs, two arms, two back wings, two head wings, and a tail.
4+2+2+2+1=11 limbs!!

Aleolus

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on April 02, 2008, 01:20:14 PM
I doubt it's disliking, more that they cannot be 'done'.

Yeah, haven't you ever heard of necrophilia before?  *shudder*  Can't believe I just said that.