03/17/08 [DMFA #887] - Robes are just like dresses in that regard

Started by thegayhare, March 17, 2008, 10:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

and he waits till now to check his pockets...

Dan If I knew you wouldn't enjoy it to much I think the girls should beat you to a pulp

Dard

Damn hair with built-in PG protection.
Times like these I know why I like short-haired heroines better than long-haired.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The question is, does he have any more for the others?

"Is that a sword in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?" ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

computer nerd

Jadian

Quote from: Dard on March 17, 2008, 10:42:01 AM
Times like these I know why I like short-haired heroines better than long-haired.

See also:  apparently she lost the top in that fight for good.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: thegayhare on March 17, 2008, 10:36:24 AM
and he waits till now to check his pockets...

Dan If I knew you wouldn't enjoy it to much I think the girls should beat you to a pulp

Dan would most definitely not enjoy it at all. First, he does not have his cubi powers yet, second, we are talking about three amazons. This girls are supposed to know how to inflict lots of pain with only their hands and feet.

Quote from: Dard on March 17, 2008, 10:42:01 AM

And the lizard boobies return! :B Hallelujah!

On the side note, the sword that Dannie took out of his robe looks somewhat like a shovel they use in military. Only an unnaturally long one. I wonder if he will now turn the tables on his captors by caving their heads in with it. I loved to do it to enemy soldiers in "Silent Storm"...

Madmann135

What I'm more surprised is that Dan didn't pull that out earlier. 
What would shock me even more is if he didn't have a backup or a backup's backup.

I would love to have that ability.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 17, 2008, 10:47:41 AM

"Is that a sword in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?" ;-]

You beat me to it.   :<

Cursed box!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aleolus

...  :erk ...The only thing my brain will let me think of without shutting down as to where that sword was up till now is Extradimentional space.  Dan must have Moogle blood, as well!  Yeah, that must be it... :animesweat

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on March 17, 2008, 11:37:38 AM
Cursed box!

Why yes, I am. Frequently. ;-]

Quote from: Aleolus on March 17, 2008, 11:41:16 AM
(ok, that's rediculous.  Half a million smileys, and not one sweatdrop one?  Somebody fix that, please!  Maybe :mowdrop for the command for it.)

:animesweat

You're welcome, although it's been there for ages. Fifth row.

Tapewolf

(ok, that's rediculous.  Half a million smileys, and not one sweatdrop one?
There are at least two.

Tezkat's favourite is  :animesweat
But there's also this:  :sweatdrop

Anyhow, this strip did make me laugh.  Kudos for Dan.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

...  :erk ...The only thing my brain will let me think of without shutting down as to where that sword was up till now is Extradimentional space.  Dan must have Moogle blood, as well!  Yeah, that must be it... ^_^'

(ok, that's rediculous.  Half a million smileys, and not one sweatdrop one?  Somebody fix that, please!  Maybe :mowdrop for the command for it.)

Have you never played any RPG's? Almost any hero has his own Sub-space pocket to put his stuff in! And since Dan has graduated from the Adventurer school, he's got to have one! :3

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 17, 2008, 11:43:05 AM
Anyhow, this strip did make me laugh.  Kudos for Dan.
It could be funnier if Dan had that one sword he showed Abel here. I call such swords "Grand cleavers". Because it is fun to cleave stuff with them! >:3

Also: you beat me to deliver the smileis!

techmaster-glitch

Holy DANG! A broadblade shortsword!

All Dan needs now is an actual megasword or buster sword and Dan will officially own at least one of every class of sword ever imagined! (because if he has something like what he's holding right now, he must have everything else ;))

Sunblink

I approve of Amber's fanfiction-related rant. It brought back memories of an old Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic I read where Serenity and Kaiba frolicked in flower-laden meadows and Tristan attempted to break the lovely non-canon couple to pieces. I hate fanfiction like that.

Also, holy crap, Shanna's still missing her top. XD I thought she'd get it back by this point. Punchline made me giggle, too.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

MT Hazard

Another one of Dan's cluelessly utilized magic tricks it seems (like not eating for three years and not realizing)
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on March 17, 2008, 01:01:24 PM
I approve of Amber's fanfiction-related rant.

Until I read the bit about the love interest, I was afeared that it was the hammer of Amber come to punish me for my sins  :B

techmaster-glitch

Also in regards to Amber's rant; Noble though it may be, she has, almost word-for-word, touched upon something that is virtually impossible to stop...Hmm...what is it? Oh yes...
Ship

See also:
Everything Related To Shipping

For good measure:
Other Related Stuff

Lucheek

I don't think Amber was against fan pairings (as in ones that are not cannon) as she is making a fan pairing work by turning the Cannon-Love Intrest into a jerk. I got "Its okay to ship two characters, but don't make the love-intrest a jerk just to make it work."

And, apparently Shanna still hasn't put her shirt back on. How could he play cards for so long? And I'm still not sure if they know Dan's a girl or not...

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Lucheek on March 17, 2008, 01:50:12 PM
I don't think Amber was against fan pairings (as in ones that are not cannon) as she is making a fan pairing work by turning the Cannon-Love Intrest into a jerk. I got "Its okay to ship two characters, but don't make the love-intrest a jerk just to make it work."
That's what the majority of shipping has to do with, a shipper will make two characters get together, even if they have to rewrite the entire universe to do it ;)

zopey

Quote from: Lucheek on March 17, 2008, 01:50:12 PM

And, apparently Shanna still hasn't put her shirt back on. How could he play cards for so long? And I'm still not sure if they know Dan's a girl or not...
maybe thats why she kept it off for so long. if he's a girl she has no reason to be embarassed.
you know now that i think about it all the clothes in DMFA are a little impractical. there aren't any pockets anywhere

Lucheek

Clohtes in general are impractical, most people don't live in places where its so cold you need them.

Eibborn

Ah, yes, it's just one of those funny quirks of society.

SO KEEP YER PANTS ON.
/kicks the internet over

Kuari

Heh, seriously, where does Dan get those?  Only possibilities I can think of is that he A. Has a lot of magic swords, B. Has some kind of magic that isn't blocked by that barrier, or C. Something similar to a bag of holding..

On the note of Fanfiction....

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_102.php

Angel

And here I thought hammerspace was a girls-only zone... Meh. Live and learn.

Also, it's clear DP isn't a very experienced villain yet in this timeline if he didn't drill his minions on frisk procedures. But is Hammerspace noticeable during frisks?

As for fanfiction... well, I never actually got any of my work put up on Fanfiction.net, but Amber's right. Oftentimes a poor writer will end up turning one character into (a) a complete clueless moron or (b) a jerky evil snarkbomb. It's a sad thing, but I am hesitant to say it can be stopped...
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

techmaster-glitch

In regards to hammerspace, there is one thing...
Dan. Doesn't. Use. Hammerspace.

He can only hide things in robes and dresses very well. I think Amber has said this at one point, but I could be very wrong. It is Alexi who has a touch of real hammerspace.

Tapewolf

Jack McSlay

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 17, 2008, 12:56:34 PM

All Dan needs now is an actual megasword or buster sword and Dan will officially own at least one of every class of sword ever imagined! (because if he has something like what he's holding right now, he must have everything else ;))
is this not a buster sword? http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_689.php
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Ren Gaulen

Daniel is not likely to ever use hammerspace. But he is quite likely to use swordspace. Also, as Dan told Abel, one can hide all sorts of cool things in a dress. And, as we all know, his robe equals a dress. Sure there is no way to hide something like this sword without some kind of a sub-space pocket. :3 Or, maybe, this is a spell-sword, and the blade appears only when it is needed. >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Jack McSlay on March 17, 2008, 04:23:42 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 17, 2008, 12:56:34 PM

is this not a buster sword? http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_689.php
Hmm, actually, that thing is blurring the line between a broadblade shortsword and a full-fledged megasword; to qualify as a mega, it has to be the same length as, if not very close to, the wielder's body, as well as being close to the same width. Basically, it's gotta be the same size YOU are.
   The reason why I said it was blurring the line is because it looks like it was indeed meant to be Cloud's Buster Sword.