03/07/08 [DMFA #883] You're doing it wrong

Started by Anri, March 07, 2008, 07:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anri

Yes, magical barriers would indeed explain fading magic. So pesky!

and woo, thread on mah birfday. :3

Goatmon

Moar!

Also;  Damn you for beating me to this thread by a whopping 2 minutes. 

!KCA

And now we know who the ditz (or muscle, anyway) in the group is.

The red-head is obviously the magic expert and all-around smart gal. (Creepy magical girl?)

We still have no idea what their names are. Did we miss the introductions?

Ren Gaulen

Makes me wonder what did the lizard girl try to do - brake through the box with her bare fists? From her scream and Dan's expression in the last panel I get a feeling that she broke a few fingers in the process..

Anri

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 07, 2008, 07:45:34 AM
Makes me wonder what did the lizard girl try to do - brake through the box with her bare fists? From her scream and Dan's expression in the last panel I get a feeling that she broke a few fingers in the process..

She only has a few fingers to begin with, so hopefully she didn't mess them up too bad!

Alondro

*Charles doesn't get it*  But I punch brick walls at full force all the time and don't break anything... really it's just a matter of training to condition the tissues... and as well it depends on the angle and pull-back in the strike to properly direct the brunt of the force of impact slightly in front of the hand, thus avoiding the crushing effect altogether..

*Charline sighs*  It's comedy, you idiot.   :rolleyes

*Charles ohhhhhs*   :B

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

jo-shadow

great minds thin alike, I knew the topi would be called by this title x3

and I like the blue one.

pyrohamster

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: pyrohamster on March 07, 2008, 09:12:01 AM
now, try kicking it.  :P

First she breaks some fingers, now you want her to break her toes too?? This is no way to treat a lady! D:<

I vote for using either Dan's or her head as a battering ram. >:3

Reaver225

At first, for some reason I thought she was trying to phase through the wall. It was a lot more humorous that way.

Heh.

Goatmon

Quote from: !KCA on March 07, 2008, 07:40:46 AM
And now we know who the ditz (or muscle, anyway) in the group is.

Snake-girl strikes me as the planner.  She may not be the brightest one, but I'm guessing she's the one who worries about what's on the agenda.

The "Eddy" if you will. 

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Reaver225 on March 07, 2008, 09:23:21 AM
At first, for some reason I thought she was trying to phase through the wall. It was a lot more humorous that way.

Heh.

Phase through it? Nah! She was obviously preparing to kick that stupid wall's ass and then kick the stupid asses of those who put her in that stupid box (and then probably chew some bubblegum) >:]! But the wall proved to be a better fighter, apparently...

Anri

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 07, 2008, 09:20:45 AM
I vote for using either Dan's or her head as a battering ram. >:3

I'd say this idea only almost has merit! I mean while sure it's true that few things are as hard as Dan's head, it's been proven that his abductors use things that are even harder, such as the club with which he was struck!

Of course, can always be done anyway. For science! >:)

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tikki on March 07, 2008, 10:22:39 AM
I'd say this idea only almost has merit! I mean while sure it's true that few things are as hard as Dan's head, it's been proven that his abductors use things that are even harder, such as the club with which he was struck!

Of course, can always be done anyway. For science! >:)

That club was obviously made of superstrongium (a cheap variation of artificial adamantium). I doubt that the abductors had enough of that material to make a huge box of it, or they would not need that magical barrier.

But I agree - it has to be done anyway. For science!! >:O

Fresnor

Now the question I have, is it only the walls that are shielded?  Or did they make the usual villian mistake and not bother with the floors and ceiling.

Pagan

The only problem with this is which girl to like most? Caring canine? Creepy bunny? Or Take-charge lizard? Hmm...

More wonderful eye work in this one. I wonder if the girls are creatures, due to Bunny's last comment.

Yeah... I'm for the Bunny
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Pagan on March 07, 2008, 10:51:47 AM
The only problem with this is which girl to like most? Caring canine? Creepy bunny? Or Take-charge lizard? Hmm...

As I have said before, I am torn between the bunny girl and the lizard girl. The former has lovely eyes, and I like her calm and collected demeanour, while the latter demonstrates a strong and passionate character and is beautiful (especially her hair). As for the canine girl, she is boring and plain compared to the other two. Decisions, decisions...

PurpleCheeseLlama

Not to nag at details, but didn't the lizard girl have a necklace in the previous strip?

Eibborn

Now, this is interesting. They can 'negate spells and creature-like abilities.' So, what is a creature-like ability? Would a Phoenix's flaming hair go out? Would Matilda still be able to breath fire? What about things like increased strength? So many questions!
/kicks the internet over

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Eibbor_N on March 07, 2008, 01:41:50 PM
Now, this is interesting. They can 'negate spells and creature-like abilities.' So, what is a creature-like ability? Would a Phoenix's flaming hair go out? Would Matilda still be able to breath fire? What about things like increased strength? So many questions!

I looked at the comic...the lizard girl at her fist clenched in the second frame. So I think that increased strength would be included in the things nullified if she was trying to punch a big hole in the wall.
Of course that's just my opinion...

Edit> by the way, Amber really does draw some beautiful and sexy females. (that was a compliment, folks.)
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

AndersW

Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on March 07, 2008, 11:16:52 AM
Not to nag at details, but didn't the lizard girl have a necklace in the previous strip?

Yes, she did.  I wonder what happened to it.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: AndersW on March 07, 2008, 02:43:04 PM

Yes, she did.  I wonder what happened to it.

It was eaten by the langoliers between the two updates. :B

Damaris

Amber from Damaris computer: You know...I did notice that around 5:30AM when I was colouring I missed it...and I sort of figured someone was going to point it out and nitpick it...but I was too goddamn tired to really care at that point.

So I am going to BS a reason and say she took it off for personal reasons unknown to us all.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

terrycloth

She wrapped it up in her fist to help her hit harder? :mowcookie

Aleolus

Quote from: Eibbor_N on March 07, 2008, 01:41:50 PM
probably creature-like abilities are DMFA's equivalent to D&D's Spell-Like abilities.  Stuff you can do that is magical in nature, but isn't spells gained through the standard method, you just have them innately.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Damaris on March 07, 2008, 03:15:37 PM

Amber from Damaris computer: You know...I did notice that around 5:30AM when I was colouring I missed it...and I sort of figured someone was going to point it out and nitpick it...but I was too goddamn tired to really care at that point.

So I am going to BS a reason and say she took it off for personal reasons unknown to us all.

A wizard did it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: DarkAudit on March 07, 2008, 06:07:47 PM
Quote from: Damaris on March 07, 2008, 03:15:37 PM

A wizard did it.

I still think it was eaten by the langoliers.

MT Hazard

Anyone notice Dan looks like he has a beard in the first panel? Probably the shadows or my computer monitor messing with me.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Angel

Hmm. Innn-der-est-ink. If the bunny's magic was just fading earlier, I wonder if it's completely gone now, or if she still has a chance to bust the wall.

Also, the lizard has cool hair.  :P

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 07, 2008, 06:32:01 PM
Anyone notice Dan looks like he has a beard in the first panel? Probably the shadows or my computer monitor messing with me.

Holy shiz-nik, you're right. O_o He's got the shadow of an Aniz goatee!
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!