03/05/08 [DMFA #882] A humble suggestion

Started by CameronCN, March 05, 2008, 02:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CameronCN

For some reason I read this strip and think hey! maybe this is a group of people among whom Dan might actually seem smart and/or normal! In other words, looking interesting, story-wise.

Fresnor

I get a gothish or undeadish feel from the green canine... Just something strange with how the colors are meshing together...  Oh and best cure for a cold house is taking your blankets and sitting on a heating vent if you have them.  Otherwise have some nice thick fleece blankets.

Zedd

Tapewolf

Quote from: Fresnor on March 05, 2008, 03:08:15 AM
I get a gothish or undeadish feel from the green canine... Just something strange with how the colors are meshing together...

Goth maybe, but I don't think the undead actually change colour.  Besides it's not too different from this person:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_356.php

Now if anything says 'undead' to me it's the rabbit.  Of course they might all be undead, a nice surprise for Dan if he tries to score.

I'm a little worried that they're going to go all "Kill the Angel!" on him or something.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tarynsgate

According to the Demo 101, undeads have yellow glowing eyes and the one that strikes me to have that trait is the canid.

I wonder how is Dan gonna get out of this one.
Et Manu Et Corde - With hand and with heart

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tarynsgate on March 05, 2008, 04:14:32 AM
According to the Demo 101, undeads have yellow glowing eyes and the one that strikes me to have that trait is the canid.
All of their eyes are illuminated to some degree, even Dan's in the previous page.  I think it's either to make them easier to see (i.e. a special effect), or because animal eyes tend to reflect light well and therefore appear to glow in the dark.

kaskar

8) First of all, he has to get them off his back, and he has to get fully out of the sack ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Kuari

Heh, even Dan has his limits when it comes to being buried by girls...

Still, that's an interesting color for a dalmation

Fresnor

Quote from: kaskar on March 05, 2008, 04:54:18 AM

8) First of all, he has to get them off his back, and he has to get fully out of the sack ...

But I thought his goal was getting them into the sack with him  :D

Goatmon

Teehee.  What a lovely trio.  And, as always, Amber has blessed them with the most adorable personalities.

I can't wait to see how this goes.   :boogie

!KCA

Actually, the green color of the canine's fur doesn't bother me so much as the green color of her nosepad and tongue.

Also, what is the red girl? Rabbit? Bat? ?!?

meany

One: An awesome update, as always.
Two: Would the combined weight of three adult females be enough to break a wing's bones, 'cause Dan's looks kinda bent at an odd angle.
Three: Anyone know which race the girl in the first panel is, 'cause I'm drawing a blank.

Janus Whitefurr

The girl in panel one appears to be some sort of lizard or reptilian.
The second girl keeps making me think "undead" but that's just her furtones and such.
And with ears like that girl three is probably a bat. World needs more bats.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Jack McSlay

for the 3rd girl, I thought of a fennec fox. I think her wings should be visible from her position if she were a bat

and the 1st girl could also be a newt
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Goatmon

I assumed the brown girl with the eye shadow is a rabbit. 

Akisohida

Anyone beside me think Regina may show up in this flashback? I mean, Dan does know her from his past (As shown when Aary asks Dan why he is so against Cubi and there is a scene of Regina saying 'Come with me Dan! We were ment to be together!') so she may show up at some point as a surprise!

This is completely random thought, though.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Alondro

Three girls always means trouble.

Just look what happened in the "Witches of Eastwick".

:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AndersW

Theory: All three of the girls are cubi.

Don't know why I thought of that.  It just seems like something that could happen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on March 05, 2008, 09:25:53 AM
Theory: All three of the girls are cubi.
While the 'Cubi seems to be one of the most eyecatching races in DMFA, you can have too much of a good thing.  >:3

Now maybe you're thinking that DP is gathering young 'Cubi for some reason.  While that is plausible, that didn't seem to be what the grunts were doing.  Also, I'd have expected more in the way of wings.
Personally I'd be surprised if these three weren't Beings or Being-class Creatures (e.g. undead, were, mythos)

AndersW

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 05, 2008, 09:31:34 AM
Personally I'd be surprised if these three weren't Beings or Being-class Creatures (e.g. undead, were, mythos)

Were and Mythos hardly classify as Being-class.  I can see some forms of Mythos as Being-class, but defiantly not Were.

These 3 seem to know each other and had a plan they were in on together.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on March 05, 2008, 09:37:35 AM
Were and Mythos hardly classify as Being-class.  I can see some forms of Mythos as Being-class, but defiantly not Were.
For the mythos, I mean like Hennya.  I'll grant you Weres are a tricky one to classify, but they have a standard Being lifespan, and according to demonology they generally use Being-like defences rather than magic.

jo-shadow

Akisohida

Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Goatmon

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 05, 2008, 09:31:34 AMAlso, I'd have expected more in the way of wings.

That would imply that the average cubi is as untrained as Dan.   

Tapewolf

Quote from: Goatmon on March 05, 2008, 11:10:15 AM
Or too young to be able to do so.

Pagan

To Akishohida: yes, I think Regina is showing up in this arc.

Ah... I had to read that post through about three times, I kept getting distracted by the lovely ladies. As for what the girls are, I'm thinking being, being, unknown.
The last girl's black eyes keep sending me creature vibes.
The canid, however, just has an odd fur pattern in my opinion.
The first lady, well I was thinking reptile but that might be wishful thinking.

I really have no clue what this has to do with Dark P. But if it does indeed have something to do with him and his plans, I'm thinking he's going for 'lots of young girls with good hearts' instead of queen H-ann.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Goatmon on March 05, 2008, 11:10:15 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 05, 2008, 09:31:34 AMAlso, I'd have expected more in the way of wings.

Somehow I doubt that it would be possible to capture a trained cubi like that. So, I guess these girls are really amazons. Or, maybe, just a team of female adventurers.
Also, their expressions in the last panel are priceless. And I can't decide which girl I like more - the reptilian girl with lovely hair, or the rabbit girl with lovely eyes. As Duke Nukem said: "So many babes... so little time..."

Fuyudenki

I thought it was fairly clear the long-eared one was a bunny.  Bat ears are generally hairless and ugly(Check out Jenny from Bloody Roar.), and even in Amber's drawing style, the cartilage ribs would be a definite eyecatcher.  Similarly, fennec foxes' ears tend to be drawn differently, and Amber's drawn rabbit ears like that before.

None of them strikes me as undead.

Quote from: AndersW on March 05, 2008, 09:37:35 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 05, 2008, 09:31:34 AM

These 3 seem to know each other and had a plan they were in on together.

I think directly opposite you on that.  Weres are definitely being-type Creatures, what with the Being-length lifespan and unlike most Creatures, a Were could go through his entire lifespan never realizing that he's a were.  "What?  Oh yeah, I've just always been good at magic.  Turn into a human?  What are you talking about?  I've never done anything like that."  According to the Demonology entry, the easiest way to find out if someone's a were would probably to get them mad or try to hit them with a spell with plenty of warning, but that they'll have trouble dodging.

If they seem particularly easy to anger, or if they shift to Human to avoid the spell, it's probably a Were.  Of course, it's important to note, both of these tactics aren't terribly bright.

You could just ask, I suppose, but a race that exists around hiding its identity doesn't strike me as the kind of people who would say "Why yes, I'm a were, why do you ask?"

Jack McSlay

Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Sunblink

Quote from: jo-shadow on March 05, 2008, 10:25:30 AM
One word: amazons.

Darn, beat me to it.

As for the girl in the first panel, looks like a blue-tailed skink to me. The green dog looks like a dalmatian. The unfortunate lady pinned beneath them all looks like a rabbit.

~Keaton the Black Jackal