02/18/08 [DMFA #880] Springs into Failure

Started by Yugo, February 18, 2008, 12:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugo

Dan didn't do so hot when it came to getting out of those ropes. Still laughing.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Zedd

Surley he can get out of a big weaven brown bag!
Then again maybe not...

schizo

A musical is like a burlap sack,I would not want to be in either.-dimitri martin

I wonder what the point of kidnapping him was.

Eibborn

You know, flashback-Dan, if you were a CUBI or something you really would be having a better time with this. I'm just sayin'!
/kicks the internet over

Aleolus

Ouch, how many times have characters in anime and video games been in this exact predicament?  And isn't it always that the person who does free them winds up becoming their first and most loyal party member?

kaskar

Quote from: Aleolus on February 18, 2008, 02:06:11 AM
Ouch, how many times have characters in anime and video games been in this exact predicament?  And isn't it always that the person who does free them winds up becoming their first and most loyal party member?

8) Gee ... is Dan Fiona now known as " The Kidnapped Adventurer " ? No wonder he does not like talking much about his past ........
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Darkdragon

This seems to be oddly shameful for a recounting of an adventure...

Ren Gaulen

Use the Force, Daniel! It will lead you to freedom and lots of neat stuff! Just try not to hit yourself in the face with some rock again!
Then again, you would probably have to stay captured until you are delivered to the one who ordered to kidnap you. But when that happens - use the Force, Daniel!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Darkdragon on February 18, 2008, 03:52:56 AM
This seems to be oddly shameful for a recounting of an adventure...
It would have been 10 years ago or so.  He probably thinks it's funny now.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

That which does not kill you makes you stronger.  Of course, it can also make you feel embarrassed.  (Of course Dark Pegasus did kill him once.  Should it be that which doesn't make you stay dead?)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

WhiteFox

Iooks like the cat isn't out of the bag.

Does this mean he's been sacked?

Daniel Ti'Fiona literally couldn't find his way out of a burlap bag.

See, they covered this in Adventuring 101. By the time you graduate, you forget all that stuff.

If he did have a partner right now, would they be fighting to escape like two cats in a bag?

He's bound for adventure now!

...Ok, I'm done now. Really, I promise I'll be good.

Looks like that robe's antimagic is really coming in handy!  :3
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Prof B Hunnydew

Dan is a Cubi-in training, so he can't shapeshift out of the bag, Can he?  I would have thought Dan would have wanted his first lesson in being a cubi to be summon swords, or something... That would be handy now.

And Hey where is Fi?  Still nursing a hangover?

PBH

Dracora

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on February 18, 2008, 09:01:16 AM
Dan is a Cubi-in training, so he can't shapeshift out of the bag, Can he?  I would have thought Dan would have wanted his first lesson in being a cubi to be summon swords, or something... That would be handy now.

PBH
Just making sure you realize, this is a flashback, he's telling Fi about his first encounter with Dark Pegasus and this just so happens to be part of the story... If the same thing had happened now, he might have a little more luck with it.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Dracora on February 18, 2008, 09:09:00 AM
Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on February 18, 2008, 09:01:16 AM

PBH
Just making sure you realize, this is a flashback, he's telling Fi about his first encounter with Dark Pegasus and this just so happens to be part of the story... If the same thing had happened now, he might have a little more luck with it.

Something tells me that if something like that happened now, Daniel would not get knocked out, but rather explain his attackers that they are doing a wrong thing. Using his fists/sword/cubi skillz as arguments. >:3 After all, Abel did not knock him out with that "welcome bat", which led me to a conclusion that Dan's scull is resistant to bludgeon damage by now.

Quote from: Daniel Ti'FionaThen again, I'd hate for anyone to actually see this...

Ah, irony... the world would truly be a sadder place without it...  >:3

Naldru

Quote from: WhiteFox on February 18, 2008, 08:39:11 AM
Iooks like the cat isn't out of the bag.

Does this mean he's been sacked?

Daniel Ti'Fiona literally couldn't find his way out of a burlap bag.

etc...

...Ok, I'm done now. Really, I promise I'll be good.

Looks like that robe's antimagic is really coming in handy!  :3

I'm sure Dan would have some responses to these, but he's all tied up at the moment.

Now, I'll be good
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 18, 2008, 09:18:06 AM

Something tells me that if something like that happened now, Daniel would not get knocked out, but rather explain his attackers that they are doing a wrong thing. Using his fists/sword/cubi skillz as arguments. >:3 After all, Abel did not knock him out with that "welcome bat", which led me to a conclusion that Dan's scull is resistant to bludgeon damage by now.

OOPs I forget this is a Flashback.... Amber need to put little fuzzy things in the corners.... Anyway, we have learned that Dan doesn't mind a little to the head, I think he feeds on the pain.??

Alondro

*Charles adds some stupid*  Wow!  Dan is JUST LIKE Inuyasha!  Yup, completely like Inuyasha!  Yes indeed, the spitting image of him, just that he's a cat and in denial of his monster-ness, while Inu is a dog and wants to be more monster-ish.  But they're both stupid and helpless without their allies to constantly bail them out.

So DMFA is JUST LIKE Inuyasha!   :)

*illustration of Amber right now:  :boom

*illustration of the forumites:   :mob

*illustration of Charles in about 5..4..3..2..   :bigsword
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aleolus

Quote from: Alondro on February 18, 2008, 10:16:00 AM
*Charles adds some stupid*  Wow!  Dan is JUST LIKE Inuyasha!  Yup, completely like Inuyasha!  Yes indeed, the spitting image of him, just that he's a cat and in denial of his monster-ness, while Inu is a dog and wants to be more monster-ish.  But they're both stupid and helpless without their allies to constantly bail them out.

So DMFA is JUST LIKE Inuyasha!   :)

*illustration of Amber right now:  :boom

*illustration of the forumites:   :mob

*illustration of Charles in about 5..4..3..2..   :bigsword

Don't worry, Charles!  I'll back you up, InuYasha is a great series!  Doesn't have a lot of similarities to DMFA, but I'll agree Dan does have several similarities to IY.  Including their stubbornness.

AmigaDragon

(Charles being chased by a triangle?)

OK, so Dan's freshly out of Adventuring school and he's not even carrying a knife? (Ok, so maybe he's just forgetting... or maybe they stripped him of potential weapons.)
It took me a little looking back a couple strips (and forum posts mentioning it) to remember that Dan's telling a story, not currently experiencing that. The "dress"/robe's form reinforces that (if one pays attention to details).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Kenji

Dan would have a much easier time escaping if he had only taken "Wiku 101".

Eibborn

I have to confess, it took me forever to realize that the pointy grey-looking things were his wings. :B
/kicks the internet over

Brunhidden

Quote from: Eibbor_N on February 18, 2008, 03:10:53 PM
I have to confess, it took me forever to realize that the pointy grey-looking things were his wings. :B

due to the angle of my screen it took me a while to figure out which end was the butt and which end was the head untill i adjusted the contrast....

also i am a little unnerved at how many people keep mistaking this for 'now' isntead of a flashback- if it were 'now' the most obvious difference would be his robe, followed by having tentacles to untie himself
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Falcarthum

He he... thats remind me one of the introductions of our former Dungeon Master:

"You are tied, without your belongins and with only one-fifth of your HP. What would you do?"

Nobody have seen him again after that... I wonder why...  >:3

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 18, 2008, 05:28:08 PM
also i am a little unnerved at how many people keep mistaking this for 'now' isntead of a flashback- if it were 'now' the most obvious difference would be his robe, followed by having tentacles to untie himself
I made that mistake once, when we saw Alexsi beating up the canid - I assumed it was a scene change - but then I suddenly remembered it was a flashback and have kept on the ball ever since.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 18, 2008, 06:54:03 PM
I made that mistake once, when we saw Alexsi beating up the canid - I assumed it was a scene change - but then I suddenly remembered it was a flashback and have kept on the ball ever since.

Yeah, I guess many were confused by that scene change. Stuff happens. :3

Pagan

To tell the truth, I kinda thought it was present time, for about a second. Then I remembered the flashback setting.

By the way, Amigadragon, in case you didn't know, that's a smiley of pyramid head from the Silent Hills game/movie.
And that's awesome, we have a pyramid head simely.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Naldru

Quote from: Aleolus on February 18, 2008, 11:58:07 AM
Quote from: Alondro on February 18, 2008, 10:16:00 AM

So DMFA is JUST LIKE Inuyasha!   :)

Don't worry, Charles!  I'll back you up, InuYasha is a great series!  Doesn't have a lot of similarities to DMFA, but I'll agree Dan does have several similarities to IY.  Including their stubbornness.

Here is my first Photoshop montage.  I guess that they would make a dynamic duo if they could stop fighting like cats and dogs.

I know the gradients don't match that well, but I'm still learning how to use photoshop.

Kuari

Heh, Dan would probably be in infinate glee if he saw Tetsaiga.

But yeah, Dan is far from an escape artist it seems...  and I get the feeling this is one of those situations where he's been mistaken for a girl..

kaskar

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 18, 2008, 06:58:52 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 18, 2008, 06:54:03 PM

Yeah, I guess many were confused by that scene change. Stuff happens. :3

8)  Still, he still is a ( partially ? ) trained feline. Are Felines not supposed to pop up their razor sharp claws out to cut or poke things when needed ?  Of course: cause as sure as the cyote falls to the point marked 'X', disaster occurs to this feline ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...