02/15/08 [DMFA #879] - CRACK

Started by CameronCN, February 15, 2008, 01:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CameronCN

I'm surprised Dan is leaving this part in...

not the best way to start an adventure. :)

Zedd

But anything can be an adventure...Theres one right now! *point*

Brunhidden

what gets me- dan already knows what chloroform smells like? theres gotta be a completely different story behind THAT
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

schizo

He seems to get conked on the head alot huh?
Amazed there is no brain damage.

!KCA

Quote from: Schizo on February 15, 2008, 02:37:45 AM
He seems to get conked on the head alot huh?
He regenerates through pain. No, wait, the brain doesn't feel pain. . . . On second thought, this explains a lot.

Paul

Quote from: Schizo on February 15, 2008, 02:37:45 AMHe seems to get conked on the head alot huh?
How do we know there isn't? Maybe he gets just a tiny bit stupider with each head-clunking...

schizo

Or maybe at this point it has the opposite effect,he gets smarter.
......Think i will go beat my head on a wall for three hours.

e_voyager

it could be that he has long about shift his brain out of his head and no longer knows where it is. or maybe like the BNG mega man he's an idiot when he's not in adventurer mode. only amber knows for sure.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

I read this strip about 20 minutes ago and I'm still chuckling over it  :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cemalidor

Maybe the club was set for stun, not damage.....  >:3

kaskar

8) Remember what Dan said he learn't in adventuring school, " If it moves, bash it with a stick till it stops ... "

( Re:  # 507   )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 15, 2008, 02:05:54 AM
what gets me- dan already knows what chloroform smells like? theres gotta be a completely different story behind THAT

"Does this candle smell like chloroform to you?"
*sniff* "...zz-OUCH!"
"Yeah, I said that, too."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Fex

okay Mr Wolf turn your club to vaporise.

Man I can't belief Dan fell for one of the oldest tricks in the book >:3

Akisohida

Anyone notice that the taur is talking normally now? Maybe she can talk normally if she puts in the effort but does not bother when she is with the snake dude since they are friends?

Oh, and I am thinking those two work for DP, just as a summer job. :}
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Tapewolf

An interesting point is that as Dan becomes less reliant on biology, things like chloroform are going to have less and less effect on him.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brunhidden

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 15, 2008, 06:43:39 AM

*sniff* "...zz-OUCH!"

actually i had expected it to involve wildy, handcuffs, and awakening to public nudity

Quote from: Fex on February 15, 2008, 07:28:31 AM

an older version exists- throw a feast, make sure your victim gets twice the liquor you do, and then call for the burly men you have told can feast after the buttwhoop.  however the cost of enough mead to inebriate even a handful of people probably costs a lot more then a tablespoon of chloroform
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Jack McSlay

QuoteCan you help me please?
well that was kind of curious...

Does the mythos girl(s) in question have only one mind despite having two heads?
or
Does two-headed people in furrae usually refer to themselves as "me" and not "us"?
or
Is it a result of them having a bad english, as shown in the previous strip?
or
Was Amber out of coffee?
or
All of the above
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Akisohida on February 15, 2008, 07:29:15 AM
Anyone notice that the taur is talking normally now? Maybe she can talk normally if she puts in the effort but does not bother when she is with the snake dude since they are friends?

Maybe it's just when they both talk together that they make more sense?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

pyrohamster

Quote from: Paul on February 15, 2008, 02:51:38 AM
Quote from: Schizo on February 15, 2008, 02:37:45 AMHe seems to get conked on the head alot huh?
How do we know there isn't? Maybe he gets just a tiny bit stupider with each head-clunking...
oh nose! he forgot what chloroform smells like!

Naldru

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 15, 2008, 07:45:12 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 15, 2008, 06:43:39 AM

*sniff* "...zz-OUCH!"

actually i had expected it to involve wildy, handcuffs, and awakening to public nudity

Quote from: Fex on February 15, 2008, 07:28:31 AM

an older version exists- throw a feast, make sure your victim gets twice the liquor you do, and then call for the burly men you have told can feast after the buttwhoop.  however the cost of enough mead to inebriate even a handful of people probably costs a lot more then a tablespoon of chloroform
His adventurer training may have included instructions on recognizing chlorform and other chemical agents.  It would be useful to know when to hold your breath.  I remember chloroform having a distinctive odor and being quite recognizable before it reaches a level which would knock you out.  (Ammonia on the other hand anaesthetizes the nose before it reaches toxic levels.  So the danger with ammonia is when you can't smell it, which makes protection without chemical sensors difficult.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Alondro

Hmph, not much chemistry in Furrae, obviously!  Chloroform isn't that expensive.

:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aleolus

Ouch, that wasn't pretty.  I would have gotten suspicious when she asked "Does this smell like Chloroform?"  I mean, after all, how many different uses are there for chloroform?  Collecting butterflies, and knocking out people you want to kidnap.  That's it!

Eibborn

Quote from: Alondro on February 15, 2008, 11:16:25 AM
Hmph, not much chemistry in Furrae, obviously!  Chloroform isn't that expensive.

:3
Still more expensive than bashing 'im over the head, though.
/kicks the internet over

llearch n'n'daCorna

Not once you take into account wear and tear on the cosh, the cost of buying one, the hiding behind him, ...

Cogidubnus

Chloroform may not be expensive, but timing belts shouldn't be that expensive either...

I know getting the timing belt on the alternator on my volvo replaced was about eighty bucks. Of course, I'm not a mechanic, so of course I'm not going to be able to predict price variations with any degree of accuracy - but I don't think that a timing belt would be that expensive.

I say this only because I'd hate to see Amber lose the money she just recently got to a dishonest mechanic. Of course, I could be completely off base here.

Akisohida

Quote from: Jack McSlay on February 15, 2008, 08:26:18 AM
QuoteCan you help me please?
well that was kind of curious...

Does the mythos girl(s) in question have only one mind despite having two heads?
or
Does two-headed people in furrae usually refer to themselves as "me" and not "us"?
or
Is it a result of them having a bad english, as shown in the previous strip?
or
Was Amber out of coffee?
or
All of the above

Perhaps she wants to hide the fact that both heads think for themselves? Or maybe, as mentioned, they each speak rather mixed when asserting being indipendant but when they act as one, they speak fine.

WHat I mean is..umm..When each head is acting and thinking alone, they do not speak as well, but when they act as one mind, they work better.

Or maybe one head speaks badly and has a different personality than the other head..and each head can have full control if they wish it.. So, if one head is sweet and nice and speaks fine, she can make them BOTH speak fine and be nice, while the other head could make them BOTH speak brokenly and act like her, should they need too..Almost like MPD with the personalities each having a head. :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 15, 2008, 03:43:26 PM
Chloroform may not be expensive, but timing belts shouldn't be that expensive either...

I know getting the timing belt on the alternator on my volvo replaced was about eighty bucks. Of course, I'm not a mechanic, so of course I'm not going to be able to predict price variations with any degree of accuracy - but I don't think that a timing belt would be that expensive.

I say this only because I'd hate to see Amber lose the money she just recently got to a dishonest mechanic. Of course, I could be completely off base here.

Timing belts, from what I gathered, tends to vary in price depending on the car. In my case, the price isnt going to come from the actual replacement so much as the time it will require since they're going to have to hoist my car up and take out a good chunk of my car  to get at it.  The heavy-hit price isn't coming from the part so much labour and time.   I talked with a friend who does mechanic work and he pretty much agreed that the timing belt would be the biggie because they would be pretty much taking part of my engine apart to get to the timing belt.  Where as the alternator belt will be a simple snap on.

Canadian Tire is a pretty fair company and isn't really the kind to screw people over in giving them BS prices...their problem tends to be they have a terrible time prioritizing and so when they give an estimate, they will point out EVERYTHING that could use repair on your car and it tends to look like a wall of problems. 

Fuyudenki

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 15, 2008, 01:29:43 PM
Not once you take into account wear and tear on the cosh, the cost of buying one, the hiding behind him, ...

Why do you need to buy a hyperbolic cosine to hide behind?

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 15, 2008, 05:14:30 PM

Timing belts, from what I gathered, tends to vary in price depending on the car. In my case, the price isnt going to come from the actual replacement so much as the time it will require since they're going to have to hoist my car up and take out a good chunk of my car  to get at it.  The heavy-hit price isn't coming from the part so much labour and time.   I talked with a friend who does mechanic work and he pretty much agreed that the timing belt would be the biggie because they would be pretty much taking part of my engine apart to get to the timing belt.  Where as the alternator belt will be a simple snap on.

Canadian Tire is a pretty fair company and isn't really the kind to screw people over in giving them BS prices...their problem tends to be they have a terrible time prioritizing and so when they give an estimate, they will point out EVERYTHING that could use repair on your car and it tends to look like a wall of problems. 

Ah, I see. Again, I'm not a mechanic, but getting a second opinion on it does make that seem a little less suspicious, to me - especially since it's someone you know personally.
My father buys and sells used cars. You really do have to watch yourself, concerning car maintenance. There are honest mechanics, but there are a lot of dishonest ones too.

Yugo

https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!