02/11/08 [DMFA #877] - Does this robe make me look fat?

Started by Tezkat, February 11, 2008, 02:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezkat

Was Dan actually going sans ponytail like that back then? The hair is girlier than the robe.
:mowtongue
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Cogidubnus

I'd have to agree with Tez on that one.

Although it's nice to see Dan's robe again.

Zedd

Cemalidor

Well, i wonder....

You know the habit to put a name into the clothes to show to whom it belongs? I wonder if in this robe Wildys name might turn up.....  Preceding the branding.....  :mwaha

kaskar

Quote from: Cemalidor on February 11, 2008, 03:17:11 AM
Well, i wonder....

You know the habit to put a name into the clothes to show to whom it belongs? I wonder if in this robe Wildys name might turn up.....  Preceding the branding.....  :mwaha

8) I like the look on Wildy's face in the last frame, when asked to comment on the fit of the robe ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

e_voyager

all in all i can't be sure that Dan's joking in that last panel though i would hope that he is. i mean come on does this make my butt look big? how old is that but Widly's response was priceless.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Grenn

Well..... the dress robe coupled with the long hair plus the natural feminine look Dan has along with the butt comment makes him look feminine :D

It's not just one thing, but a multitude ;)

Tapewolf

I've always liked the idea of long hair.  The only thing that's odd to me is that it's still short at the front.

As for Amber's query on the rant, I've always wanted some DMFA merchandise.  On the other hand I guess her welfare should really come first.  Which means I'm just as conflicted as she is  :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Madmann135

Dan's hair is a spinoff off of the mullet, you know Bisness in the frong Party in the back!
For some reason when Dan said "does this ... Make my but look big" that was the ultimate comment on the robe (dress).

Lets not forget that with long hair you can do all sorts of badass and bishi swordsman poses stances.  I personally prefer the ducktail, bladed braid or something similar.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Akisohida

Oh gods! Dan has a mullet! We must flee!

I do love Wildys face in the last panel alot, too!
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Angel

I agree w/ the others. My first reaction was, "DUDE! Dan has GIRL hair!":

And that punchline rocked. Dan was just puh-owned into the ground. Yay.  :mowcookie
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Ryan_Galen

Quote from: Black_angel on February 11, 2008, 07:53:26 AM
And that punchline rocked. Dan was just puh-owned into the ground. Yay.  :mowcookie

Please, the only reason Dan said that line to begin with was so Wildy could say her line. You can't be considered pwned when you're intentionally setting up your own fall.

NDDR

Quote from: Ryan_Galen on February 11, 2008, 09:36:59 AM

Please, the only reason Dan said that line to begin with was so Wildy could say her line. You can't be considered pwned when you're intentionally setting up your own fall.

he pwned himself.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: NDDR on February 11, 2008, 09:58:30 AM
Quote from: Ryan_Galen on February 11, 2008, 09:36:59 AM

he pwned himself.

He tried to pwn the dress robe, but Wildy countered the it, thus pwning Dan.

Alondro

Hmm, Dan and Abel could star in a remake of the 80-'s sitcom "Bosom Buddies".   :giggle

And ya know, why do all Amber's characters look feminine?   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on February 11, 2008, 10:29:04 AM
And ya know, why do all Amber's characters look feminine?   ;)

Oh, it's easy to answer that question. Almost all of the guys in DMFA are bishonen!  :B

Naldru

Quote from: Alondro on February 11, 2008, 10:29:04 AM
Hmm, Dan and Abel could star in a remake of the 80-'s sitcom "Bosom Buddies".   :giggle

And ya know, why do all Amber's characters look feminine?   ;)
How about the movie "Some Like It Hot" with Marilyn Monroe?

Of course, Dan and Abel do have some advantages in this, being Cubi.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

I can only agree on the hair. If you only knew panel 2, you could understand a few of Biggs' earlier perceptions a bit better... :P

WhiteFox

i just realized, I'm a guy and my hair is as long as Dans. And the same color. I don't have the bangs, though, so I can't even claim the "Business out front" option.

Also, if that robe is a halter top, it's a lot more girly then Dan or Wildy make it out to be.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Tapewolf

"My Liege, the warrior Ti'Fiona has arrived."

"Praise the Gods!  Send him in."

"Sire, is that wise?  He... has wings.  He may be a Demon!"

"Indeed?  Well, that is a risk we must take.  Our Kingdom is at the mercy of the foul Beast.  Mayhap a Demon would prevail where Our knights have perished.  Bring him before Our throne."

"Sire, there is something else you should know... he... he looks like a hippie."

"..."

"Sire?"

"Send him away!"

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aleolus

The only thing I see about the robe that looks girly is the fact that it's a completely open-backed!  I mean, c'mon!  Put a flap that folds up once you've got the wings through, then tie it to the rest, it's a piece of cake!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 11, 2008, 12:37:46 PM
"My Liege, the warrior Ti'Fiona has arrived."

"Praise the Gods!  Send him in."

"Sire, is that wise?  He... has wings.  He may be a Demon!"

"Indeed?  Well, that is a risk we must take.  Our Kingdom is at the mercy of the foul Beast.  Mayhap a Demon would prevail where Our knights have perished.  Bring him before Our throne."

"Sire, there is something else you should know... he... he looks like a hippie."

"..."

"Sire?"

"Send him away!"

Priceless!

Quote from: Aleolus on February 11, 2008, 02:17:25 PM
The only thing I see about the robe that looks girly is the fact that it's a completely open-backed!  I mean, c'mon!  Put a flap that folds up once you've got the wings through, then tie it to the rest, it's a piece of cake!

Another variant is to make two smaller holes on the bag instead of one hueg (mistake intended) opening. That would be an even better idea.

Kenji

Quote from: Tezkat on February 11, 2008, 02:42:37 AM
Was Dan actually going sans ponytail like that back then? The hair is girlier than the robe.

And what exactly is wrong with letting long hair down? >_>

Tezkat

Quote from: Kenji on February 11, 2008, 02:58:28 PM
                                                                                                                  And what exactly is wrong with letting long hair down? >_>

Don't get me wrong... I don't mind long hair on guys. Heck... my hair used to be that long. But really long hair with bangs isn't even bishi when you wear it down. It's just girly.
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

pyrohamster

i just noticed that his hair is long in the comic.  :P

Pagan

I just noticed that Wildy's wearing a skirt. Rough and tough tomboyish Wildy is wearing a skirt.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Cogidubnus

Girly long hair. Robe-Dress. High-heel shoes, ostensibly for balance practice.

I'm beginning to see a pattern here...

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 11, 2008, 06:20:44 PM
Girly long hair. Robe-Dress. High-heel shoes, ostensibly for balance practice.

I'm beginning to see a pattern here...

He already dressed like a girl and has (in a magical disguise kinda way) BEEN one.  I doubt there's much left to make Dan more effeminate.  :P
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Kenji