02/04/08 [DMFA #874] - Jostle... Jostle...

Started by Pendolse, February 04, 2008, 01:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pendolse

Fii is adorable drunk. XD

techmaster-glitch

RobbieThe1st

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you should always keep your warp-aci at arm's length after it has been drinking. Or, better yet, if possible, let it teleport itself home.

Of course, Dan should have realized that it was going to/was puking all over him, and moved it away. But then again, Dan has never been too attentive to his surroundings, so that could account for it.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

kaskar

8) In Fi's condition, can he teleport even in a straight line ? I thought Fi was there to keep Dan out of trouble. Great projection of the killer Warp-Aci vomit, eh ?

8) And so we learn, pick up your Warp-Aci's carefully ... 
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Hellcat

Oh Fi, you be annoyingly awesome comic relief

Darkdragon

Aleolus

Quote from: Pendolse on February 04, 2008, 01:07:21 AM
Fii is adorable drunk. XD

Isn't Fii adorable all the time?  Why would her being drunk make any difference?

Kayriel

Fii's female? >_>

Also, hah. XD Touch it Dan, dew eeeet.
<3 Abel

WhiteFox

If Fi hadn't been drunk, would he have recognized Destania?

Then again, Dest didn't know Fi was coming, or for certain that Fi would go for the minibar. This is Amber being mischievous.

(... What gender is Fi, anyway?)
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

LionHeart

I think Warp-Aci don't have "genders" as such.

The Demo-101 entry refers to them as "it".
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Magic

Warp aci do seem to adopt genders or at least some character traits that betray a gender, even while they don't have sexes.

Lesson of the day. The difference between gender and sex.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

WhiteFox

If we all spoke french, Tables and chairs would have genders.

Also, we'd all have se-

*Thunderbolt'd*

Ow.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Zedd

Paul

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on February 04, 2008, 01:24:40 AMAnd this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you should always keep your warp-aci at arm's length after it has been drinking. Or, better yet, if possible, let it teleport itself home.
But can Fi teleport properly while drunk? Plus there's the risk it vomits all over the place upon arrival.

Tapewolf

I think Dan's expression in the centre panel is wonderful. 

Quote from: Paul on February 04, 2008, 10:33:32 AM
But can Fi teleport properly while drunk?
Unclear.  Dan still seems to be on the same plane at least, I'm not sure we've seen this location previously.  It might be the mall area, of course, or maybe the Hollyann region.  But it might be that Fi was too drunk and took them somewhere strange and Dan hasn't realised yet.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Heh.. Never, and I mean NEVER, let your Warp-Aci consume any alcohol. Not only it can embarrass you while it's drunk, but it can end up teleporting you into some inconvenient place. Like, underground. Or to the bottom of the ocean. Or maybe into the heart of some star! That would be quite awkward!

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 04, 2008, 10:39:40 AM
I think Dan's expression in the centre panel is wonderful. 

Quote from: Paul on February 04, 2008, 10:33:32 AM
But can Fi teleport properly while drunk?
Unclear.  Dan still seems to be on the same plane at least, I'm not sure we've seen this location previously.  It might be the mall area, of course, or maybe the Hollyann region.  But it might be that Fi was too drunk and took them somewhere strange and Dan hasn't realised yet.

I personally think that Dan is still inside the Twink Territories. Even he would not risk using Fi's teleportation abilities while Fi is drunk.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 04, 2008, 11:23:30 AM
I personally think that Dan is still inside the Twink Territories. Even he would not risk using Fi's teleportation abilities while Fi is drunk.
Good point.  That would also be a bit more in-character for Dan since he's still rather leery of 'Cubi-type things.  Not being seen with such an obviously-magical creature (with his own clan-mark on it, even!) is a particularly sensible thing to do...

Alondro

I personally think DP must be part-dragon.  I mean, he only sorta dies for a while and then comes back.

Maybe being half-dragon would make him semi-immortal. 

The other possiblity is he came from the Marvel Universe, and thus simply retcons his death every time.   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Omega

Quote from: WhiteFox on February 04, 2008, 03:46:53 AM
If we all spoke french, Tables and chairs would have genders.
And if we'd all speak Finnish, None of us would have genders!

:blankstare

...In lingual sense.

P.S. I don't think this defeating Dark Pegasus is going to be like the last times. This time it's creature vs creature, which, one might think, would add some level of drama into the already over clomplex-ed storyline. That and how many stories have been intresting by telling the same tale over and over again?

:sweatdrop

Wanderer

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 04, 2008, 11:26:35 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 04, 2008, 11:23:30 AM
Good point.  That would also be a bit more in-character for Dan since he's still rather leery of 'Cubi-type things.  Not being seen with such an obviously-magical creature (with his own clan-mark on it, even!) is a particularly sensible thing to do...
Personally, I kind of suspect Dan's forgotten Fi can teleport him anywhere at all. :rolleyes

QuoteThe other possiblity is he came from the Marvel Universe, and thus simply retcons his death every time.
Heh. :spidey

MT Hazard

I've heard of being so drunk your legless but not tail less... 
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Psaakyrn

Quote from: WhiteFox on February 04, 2008, 02:23:29 AM
If Fi hadn't been drunk, would he have recognized Destania?

Then again, Dest didn't know Fi was coming, or for certain that Fi would go for the minibar. This is Amber being mischievous.

(... What gender is Fi, anyway?)

Considering Bigg's likely spy network, he (and thus, his partner) would know when a notable adventurer appears in Twink territories. Considering that Destinia would've known about Fi (from SAIA and Alexi), she'd know how to best handle Fi.

Though it's possible Fi wouldn't be able to recognise Destinia eitherway, considering clan traits.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Idward

Ok so heres my question, what does she do for the ferret? I guess we found out that she sent him on some random slasher quest to chear him up, but I really want to know what she does, why she is employed and how much she makes, still kinda feel bad for Dan, his mom beating the crap out of him and all...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Idward on February 05, 2008, 01:34:23 AM
Ok so heres my question, what does she do for the ferret? I guess we found out that she sent him on some random slasher quest to chear him up, but I really want to know what she does, why she is employed and how much she makes, still kinda feel bad for Dan, his mom beating the crap out of him and all...
Destania is probably working as a sort of adviser and also as a bodyguard for Biggs. Since 'cubi are better with magic than beings, and Destania must be quite a powerful succubus, she must be protecting Biggs from magic-using enemies. And for some reason I'm sure that Biggs has enough of such enemies. And as for the adviser part, 'cubi are mind readers, so Destania can provide Biggs with useful information during some sort of negotiations or something else. Obviously, she can also work as a spy.

P.S. I haven't got a slightest idea what kind of organization those Twinks are (neither within the DMFA continuity, nor whereever they originally came from). For some reason, I just think that they are some sort of a criminal syndicate. I really don't know why...

Kayriel

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 05, 2008, 10:21:11 AM
Quote from: Idward on February 05, 2008, 01:34:23 AM
Destania is probably working as a sort of adviser and also as a bodyguard for Biggs. Since 'cubi are better with magic than beings, and Destania must be quite a powerful succubus, she must be protecting Biggs from magic-using enemies. And for some reason I'm sure that Biggs has enough of such enemies. And as for the adviser part, 'cubi are mind readers, so Destania can provide Biggs with useful information during some sort of negotiations or something else. Obviously, she can also work as a spy.

P.S. I haven't got a slightest idea what kind of organization those Twinks are (neither within the DMFA continuity, nor whereever they originally came from). For some reason, I just think that they are some sort of a criminal syndicate. I really don't know why...

You could say that. Twinks are what we used to call 'em back in Furcadia. Derogatory, but hey, they were responsible for the death of many a civilized Continuity and Guild.

Twinks are otherwise known as n00bs in the roleplaying community. (Note here: Newbie/noob is a new player. N00bs are general assholes with lazy typing and take full advantage of the anonymity of the internet/distance between them and the people they're screwing with to be total pricks and cause mayhem with no respect to others) Twinks compose the majority of powergamers, giving said powergamers a bad name (nothing wrong with building a strong character), and compose the ENTIRETY of the godmoders (invincibility without reason, creating powers on the spot, retroactive continuity, and using out-of-character "player" information to benefit their character in the middle of roleplay) and make a huge mess of things.

Now in DMFA, I'm betting the Twinks are going to be an army of super-powered beings that Biggs passes off as totally ineffective doofs, so no one bothers with them or learns of their impossible power beforehand.
<3 Abel

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Kayriel on February 05, 2008, 01:57:31 PM
You could say that. Twinks are what we used to call 'em back in Furcadia. Derogatory, but hey, they were responsible for the death of many a civilized Continuity and Guild.

Twinks are otherwise known as n00bs in the roleplaying community. (Note here: Newbie/noob is a new player. N00bs are general assholes with lazy typing and take full advantage of the anonymity of the internet/distance between them and the people they're screwing with to be total pricks and cause mayhem with no respect to others) Twinks compose the majority of powergamers, giving said powergamers a bad name (nothing wrong with building a strong character), and compose the ENTIRETY of the godmoders (invincibility without reason, creating powers on the spot, retroactive continuity, and using out-of-character "player" information to benefit their character in the middle of roleplay) and make a huge mess of things.

Now in DMFA, I'm betting the Twinks are going to be an army of super-powered beings that Biggs passes off as totally ineffective doofs, so no one bothers with them or learns of their impossible power beforehand.

Thank you, Kayriel! I managed to forget that DMFA was originally inspired by Furcadia. Well, not that I know much about Furcadia to begin with...  :B

Note to self: don't mess with Twinks...

Omega

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 05, 2008, 02:15:09 PM
From what I just heard from Kayriel, Twinkies are exactly the people one should be picking. Obnoxious brats that need to be put on their place and taught some respect to your elders! The power in here is only as much as you are willing to give them. The ones with the real power usually lay low, because the need not to prove themselves to the others.

The most important question though is, of course:

How can a creature puke if it has no mouth? :U

DUN DUN DUN!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Omega on February 05, 2008, 04:09:03 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 05, 2008, 02:15:09 PM
From what I just heard from Kayriel, Twinkies are exactly the people one should be picking. Obnoxious brats that need to be put on their place and taught some respect to your elders! The power in here is only as much as you are willing to give them. The ones with the real power usually lay low, because the need not to prove themselves to the others.

No, no, I was referring the Twinks of the DMFA universe! Biggs probably has many skillful fighters and magicians working for him, and I was referring to that. The Twinks of the Web communities, however, should be smitten with much power, just like you said. I played my share of online games and encountered my share of those creatures...

Tapewolf

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on February 05, 2008, 04:39:16 PM
The most important question though is, of course:
How can a creature puke if it has no mouth? :U

Presumably the same way it is able to eat and drink, only in reverse.

Osmosis?