01/21/2008 [DMFA #868] - Mind reading is not as easy as it looks...

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, January 20, 2008, 09:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Oh, yes. That's -such- a neat trick. And I can -so- see Dan falling for it...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stygian

xHaZxMaTx

Pagan

Bwehehehee! Early update, thank you Amber!

Hmm, is Dan finaling accepting the fact that being a cubi could be useful. And yea, that did not work so well.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Zedd

Naldru

I heard a story about a sheriff in the "Wild West".  A fellow tried to take the sheriff by surprise and snuck up on him as he was preparing to go to sleep.  As he came closer, the sheriff announced "I know you're out there.  Why don't you come here by the fire and we can talk it over."

He stood up and walked over to the sheriff and asked him how he had given himself away since he didn't think that he had made any noise.  The sheriff's reply:  "I didn't know you were out there.  I say that every night before I go to sleep."

I believe that this is the first indication that Dan is beginning to be able to use his thought reading powers.  Perhaps he read Alexsi's thoughts and that is how he learned that Destania was in the Twinks territory.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

techmaster-glitch

WOW. :boggle

Things just keep going from bad to worse, haven't they? I don't think Biggs is going to open up at all now.

Quote from: Naldru on January 20, 2008, 10:12:25 PM
I heard a story about a sheriff in the "Wild West".  A fellow tried to take the sheriff by surprise and snuck up on him as he was preparing to go to sleep.  As he came closer, the sheriff announced "I know you're out there.  Why don't you come here by the fire and we can talk it over."

He stood up and walked over to the sheriff and asked him how he had given himself away since he didn't think that he had made any noise.  The sheriff's reply:  "I didn't know you were out there.  I say that every night before I go to sleep."
'Dats one smart sheriff!

Alondro

*Charline grrs*  Dan keeps giving us Cubi a bad name by being so damn stupid all the time!   >:[

*Charles thinks it's funny that cubi are being made to look stupid... but he must not think it, lest Charline hear his thoughts and destroy him!*  Must only think happy thoughts... must not get sent to the cornfield... Happy... happy... VERY HAPPY!!   :D  Love Charline!   :love2

*Charline blinks and grimaces*  Ugh, no more reading his mind tonight!  :blarf

And thus we all see yet another method of foiling mind-readers!   ;)

Unless they're sex-fiends, in which case this method will backfire in a most horrible and unspeakable fashion...
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 20, 2008, 10:14:02 PM
WOW. :boggle

Things just keep going from bad to worse, haven't they? I don't think Biggs is going to open up at all now.

Quote from: Naldru on January 20, 2008, 10:12:25 PM

'Dats one smart sheriff!
I think that both sheriffs and leaders of the Twink territories share this in common:  If they're not smart, they're dead.

My thought is that if Biggs promised Destania that he would pass some information on to Dan, he probably will.

She might have also asked Biggs to give Dan a few survival lessons as well.  According to the Cubi Demonology 101 page, cubi tend to underestimate their opponents.  Perhaps what Destania asked Biggs to give Dan were some lessons, not information on her location.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Pagan

Well, it's definatly possible that Dest doesn't want Dan to see her (or rather, she wishes he had stayed at SAIA).

Learning about his cubi nature must have really knocked Dan off his game, because he certainly isn't displaying adventurer skills now as he did back during the first Dark Pegasus arc.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

M

Haha, that was hilarious! Though I'm not surprised he fell for it. I'd probably fall for it, too. XD

Fresnor

Well, Dan's plans A and B have completely washed out.  Is it time for plan C: Slaving himself out to Wildy, yet?

Kayriel

Dan has to have something up his sleeve! ... Because he sure doesn't have anything upstairs. ._. Lawd no, that boy's dense.
<3 Abel

Valynth

Quote from: Alondro on January 20, 2008, 10:20:38 PM
Unless they're sex-fiends, in which case this method will backfire in a most horrible and unspeakable fashion...

hmm, yes, all powerful sex-fiends....  Me being powerless to stop their sexy ravaging of my body...

*gets sued by Biggs and losses all the wealth he accumulated.*

All in all I still come out ahead.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Sno Wolf

*facedesk*

Dan's kinda like the Energizer Bunny.  He just keeps getting denser and denser and denser and denser and denser and denser and denser and denser and...

WhiteFox

Quote from: Pagan on January 20, 2008, 10:43:10 PM
Learning about his cubi nature must have really knocked Dan off his game, because he certainly isn't displaying adventurer skills now as he did back during the first Dark Pegasus arc.

If he were relying on his adventurer skills, he'd have to pull a sword and get physical, and I think he knows how well Biggs will take that. Whether Biggs or Dan is the fighter doesn't matter: They fight, Dan won't get much out of him.

Really, mind reading is a new tool for Dan. He is starting out clean slate with this. It takes time to develop new tricks and tatics, and get used to all the tricks and traps someone will play on you. Besides, Biggs probably had some training/experience with Destania.

The real measure of Dan's skill will be how quickly he starts getting used to the powers.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Danzig

Mab is getting better at drawing profiles.

That's all I have to add.

AmigaDragon

Biggs decking Dan probably didn't phase him much. How many times growing up (and grown up) did Wildy beat Dan up? :mowdizzy  :mowhappy
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Aleolus

Ooo, that was not pretty.

...Wait a minute, just how many telepathic entities does Biggs have to deal with on a regular basis to even know that trick??

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Aleolus on January 21, 2008, 03:07:16 AM
...Wait a minute, just how many telepathic entities does Biggs have to deal with on a regular basis to even know that trick??

Well, there's Dee, for starters. :B

Omega

:milklaugh Oh man. That was just too easy. If there is an oldest trick in the book, that has to be it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aleolus on January 21, 2008, 03:07:16 AM
Ooo, that was not pretty.
I concur.  Dan must have been out of practice as an adventurer for quite some time, because he seems to have lost his touch entirely.  Unless, of course, his one strength was killing people, in which case it's quite possible he was never much good at more subtle forms of persuasion.  Either way, I find there is something depressing about watching Dan get his ass handed back to him over and over again when he's just trying to find out about his mother.

Quote...Wait a minute, just how many telepathic entities does Biggs have to deal with on a regular basis to even know that trick??
This is an interesting point.  Indeed, it suggests that there are spells to enable others to do what 'Cubi can do naturally.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kayriel

Quote...Wait a minute, just how many telepathic entities does Biggs have to deal with on a regular basis to even know that trick??
This is an interesting point.  Indeed, it suggests that there are spells to enable others to do what 'Cubi can do naturally.
[/quote]

I'd imagine so. What spellcaster wouldn't want the ability to read the minds of others? Enemies, potential enemies, whoever's got the winning lotto numbers, etc. Paranoia and lust are two of the greatest driving forces behind ingenuity.

Beyond that, I don't think Biggs has dealt with Dee's mind-reading too much on a personal scale. He doesn't have a mind-shield on, or Dan wouldn't have been able to get that far, and no doubt if he was worried - he would have had her put one in place. So he either has almost nothing worth protecting in that noggin of his, or he's a pretty wily ferret.

Either way, at the end of the day, he's still a twink. D=
<3 Abel

Kaerou

Wow, poor Dan.. How did he ever survive as an adventurer?  He's a really poor fighter. =(

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

rabid_fox

I straight up laughed. That was a gag and a half. Nice one.

Oh dear.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 21, 2008, 05:00:02 AM
Either way, I find there is something depressing about watching Dan get his ass handed back to him over and over again when he's just trying to find out about his mother.

This is what I thought the moment I read the comment further back about Dan somehow 'deserving' getting his ass beat down when he just wants to know about his mother.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Kaerou on January 21, 2008, 06:01:55 AM
Wow, poor Dan.. How did he ever survive as an adventurer?  He's a really poor fighter. =(

By hitting things till they stopped moving, which he cannot do to relatives of friends or those he wants to ask questions.

QuoteEvil Overlord rule #47- If I learn that a callow youth has begun a quest to destroy me, I will slay him while he is still a callow youth instead of waiting for him to mature.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

rt

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 21, 2008, 05:00:02 AM
I concur.  Dan must have been out of practice as an adventurer for quite some time, because he seems to have lost his touch entirely.  Unless, of course, his one strength was killing people, in which case it's quite possible he was never much good at more subtle forms of persuasion. 

Quote from: Brunhidden on January 21, 2008, 08:19:47 AM
Quote from: Kaerou on January 21, 2008, 06:01:55 AM
By hitting things till they stopped moving, which he cannot do to relatives of friends or those he wants to ask questions.
QuoteEvil Overlord rule #47- If I learn that a callow youth has begun a quest to destroy me, I will slay him while he is still a callow youth instead of waiting for him to mature.

I'm with Brunhidden, Dan may even have a I'll kill monsters, but not regular people pollicy.

As for Bigg, yeh after living with a cubi, I think he knows all the tirkc

Brunhidden

Quote from: rt on January 21, 2008, 09:12:14 AM
I'm with Brunhidden, Dan may even have a I'll kill monsters, but not regular people pollicy.

As for Bigg, yeh after living with a cubi, I think he knows all the tirkc

I believe Dan knows better then to risk the wrath of wildy, regardless of how much violence he wants to visit.

also i believe biggs would be just barely smarter then to risk the wrath of Dans mum

QuoteFire baaaaad
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

meany

Quote from: Kayriel on January 20, 2008, 11:39:16 PM
Dan has to have something up his sleeve! ... Because he sure doesn't have anything upstairs. ._. Lawd no, that boy's dense.

But Dan isn't wearing sleeves!