llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Now is the time for Dan to kick him in the nuts while he's blissing out  >:3
And yeah, get well soon, Amber.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

luiqui

By the way, where is Dan's robe? Has he ever not worn his robe? WHAT'SHAPPENEDTOITwhereisitwhat'sgoingon.

I'm not complaining, I love the new design actually. In fact it looks like everyone's got a new outfit.

Everyone else has probably already noticed this :)

Alondro

*Charline smirks at Biggs*  Sounds like an opening for me to slip in...

*Charles acks!*  That smacked of double entendre!  :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Pagan

Get better soon Amber. And thank you for the early update.

And while Dan getting knocked out wasn't a suprise, this page's joke was unexpected. And hilarious.

I wonder though, does Biggs' "no hitting female" policy extend to his sister?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Sid

Competent at fighting! Biggs just rose even higher on my Awesome Scale!

Quote from: Pagan on January 17, 2008, 08:53:42 PM
I wonder though, does Biggs' "no hitting female" policy extend to his sister?

I'd guess it excludes family and forces of nature - and Wildy just happens to be both ;)
:boogie

Naldru

However, this "no hitting females" policy would also leave him open to being taken advantage of by ugly hags and spinster librarians.  Unless he has means of preventing those he doesn't want to take advantage of him from getting into his presence.  It would seem that ruling the Twink territories would mean that you could never let yourself be taken by surprise.  In which case, those instances where he apparently taken by surprise would represent deception on his part.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kayriel

I can't help but wonder what Fi's doing in all of this. xD

And I hope you feel better soon, Amber. D=
<3 Abel

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Naldru on January 17, 2008, 09:20:47 PM
However, this "no hitting females" policy would also leave him open to being taken advantage of by ugly hags and spinster librarians.  Unless he has means of preventing those he doesn't want to take advantage of him from getting into his presence.  It would seem that ruling the Twink territories would mean that you could never let yourself be taken by surprise.  In which case, those instances where he apparently taken by surprise would represent deception on his part.

"Dee! Dispose of this ingrate!"

:3

Sno Wolf

GabrielsThoughts

hmm... not much to say here. Although I doubt knocking someone over with one punch qualifies as a competent fighting  skill.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Don

I your feeling better soon Amber.

Wellp, Biggs finally got revenge for when dan beat him the first time, though he proboblly didn't care about that much. I'm eager to see the conversation between Dan and Destiana their reunion should be interesting.

Pagan

Well, we don't actually know just how much of a beating Dan got from Biggs, we just see him on the floor in (slight) pain. Coulda been a punch or coulda been a complete whomping. We may never know...

Sides, this is DMFA not a Martial Arts film. Competance is measured in winning not by skill in a fighting style.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Don

I wasn't actually thinking about the specifics of the fight, just that biggs hit dan. Dan punched biggs once, and biggs hit dan so weather or not biggs thought of revenge they're even in my mind.

Pagan

Actually I was replying to Gabe's Thoughts. I do kinda think you might be right on that revenge thing.

And another thing, since this is Biggs, I'm wondering how much of this will be an act of his. I'm guessing a high percentage.

kaskar

8) And How well is Fi fighting it out with the Mini-Bar ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

WhiteFox

Quote from: luiqui on January 17, 2008, 08:37:59 PM
By the way, where is Dan's robe? Has he ever not worn his robe? WHAT'SHAPPENEDTOITwhereisitwhat'sgoingon.

I'm not complaining, I love the new design actually. In fact it looks like everyone's got a new outfit.

Everyone else has probably already noticed this :)

I dunno... Dan's new outfit doesn't really sit right with me. like It's out of character or something. Maybe I just don't like him in red. I will admit it looks cool, just not what I picture for Dan. Of course, I may just have to realign my perceptions of Dan.

I also wish to again bring up the possibility that Dan and Abel are sharing clothes: #778 compared to todays. Also, #734 compared to #778. Although they might have just bought some of Merlitz stuff when he left. I know there's differences, but Abel does do modifications, and the scale of the art may have had an impact on the detailing.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Don

Quote from: Pagan on January 18, 2008, 12:15:26 AM
Actually I was replying to Gabe's Thoughts.

Ah, thank you for explaining. There was no quote so I assumed you were replying to me XD.

Quote from: Pagan on January 18, 2008, 12:15:26 AM
I do kinda think you might be right on that revenge thing.

Woot, my posts are generally accurate  :mowhappy

GabrielsThoughts

I don't think dan's outfit could possibly be out of character as long as amber is drawing it...although I agree burgundy isn't what you think of when you think of Dan. Red however, IS a Dan color.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

thegayhare

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 17, 2008, 10:38:32 PM
Quote from: Naldru on January 17, 2008, 09:20:47 PM

"Dee! Dispose of this ingrate!"

:3

Exactly just because Biggs won't hit girls doesn't mean he doesn't employ people who do

WhiteFox

Ah... yeah. That's right. Red. Man, I walked into that one. I probably associate dan with blue, 'cause of his wings.

Dan seems to live by the "Let girls beat you up" philosophy. I mean... Wildy, Alexi, Abel... no, wait...
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Netrogo

I kinda figured he wouldn't be a push over. I mean he's Wildy's brother, he has to know what he's doing fighting wise in some way.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

NDDR

Quote from: Turnsky on January 18, 2008, 01:07:46 AM
awesome shiner dan has, there.  >:3

is it a shiner? with how many times Dans been hit i think he might be immune to black eyes.
Dans been known to pull weird faces when thinking of something he doesn't want to think about.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_813.php  4th panel almost identicle eye problem.

CameronCN

Quote from: WhiteFox on January 18, 2008, 12:26:37 AM
I also wish to again bring up the possibility that Dan and Abel are sharing clothes: #778 compared to todays. Also, #734 compared to #778. Although they might have just bought some of Merlitz stuff when he left. I know there's differences, but Abel does do modifications, and the scale of the art may have had an impact on the detailing.

At first I thought you might be right, but then I checked over some of the other strips where they are shown in those clothes and they don't match. Abel's blue shirt is looser and has sky-blue trim, whereas Dan's shirt has an unsymmetrical collar and no trim. Same with today's: Dan's shirt has dark gray trim and a sort of turtleneck thingy, whereas Abel's was basically just a red tank top, no collar.
That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Abel, being the fashion geek that he is, tries to get Dan to wear his clothes and/or clothes that he picked out sometimes.

WhiteFox

Quote from: CameronCN on January 18, 2008, 03:00:14 AM
At first I thought you might be right, but then I checked over some of the other strips where they are shown in those clothes and they don't match. Abel's blue shirt is looser and has sky-blue trim, whereas Dan's shirt has an unsymmetrical collar and no trim. Same with today's: Dan's shirt has dark gray trim and a sort of turtleneck thingy, whereas Abel's was basically just a red tank top, no collar.
That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Abel, being the fashion geek that he is, tries to get Dan to wear his clothes and/or clothes that he picked out sometimes.

Unsymetrical: you mean asymmetrical. I hate to pick nits, but its one of my favorite words.

Dan allways struck me as more muscular than Abel, for some reason, so the clothes might fit differently. As for the trim, (Both the sky blue and the gray) Abel is good at alterations. Which doesn't explain why he might possibly do so.

While I still think my theory is possible, I will admit that it's little more than a theory.

Closing note; I wish able was more surly and less girly, like he used to be.

Quote from: NDDR on January 18, 2008, 02:43:19 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on January 18, 2008, 01:07:46 AM
awesome shiner dan has, there.  >:3

is it a shiner? with how many times Dans been hit i think he might be immune to black eyes.
Dans been known to pull weird faces when thinking of something he doesn't want to think about.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_813.php  4th panel almost identicle eye problem.

I'd have to agree with NDDR here. If it were a shiner, it'd be under the fur and we wouldn't see it. Also, black eyes are typically depicted as purple. Also also, cats, as far as I know, have black skin anyway.

Reaver225

It DOES explain why so many people might masquerade as female before him.. other Twinks might think they'd stand a better chance in a deception if he didn't fight back.

Hence it not being so embarrasing the 147th time.

Paul

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 17, 2008, 11:44:45 PMI doubt knocking someone over with one punch qualifies as a competent fighting  skill.
On the contrary. Winning a fight with one blow shows very competent fighting skill. No need to waste time and energy on a lot of fancy moves if you have the skill to end it right away.

e_voyager

get well soon amber.

kind of like how Dan accidentally punched Biggs through a wall. oh and in most cases one Punch attacks are the standers for twink encounters of so says my unresearched source.  i call him ego
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey