01/09/08 [DMFA #863] - Foreshadowing or stalling

Started by Paul, January 09, 2008, 01:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

I vote both.  :3

Also, seems Jyrras isn't quite as confident as he thought, huh?

(Edit: oops, got the date wrong. This new year business is tricky. Ahem.)

Danzig

Darkdragon

Poofyspikes

I'd vote for settling some forum arguments, but that's just me.

Reaver225

One is a valid form of doing the other.

...Strange, I suddenly got the mental image of a tiny version of the crew of the Enterprise inside Jyrras' head, with them saying 'Shields holding, captain!'

Gullible

The engine cannae make it, cap'n!  We just donnae have the power!

superluser

Perhaps Abel is having a bit of fun?

Jyrras is making his intentions, to use the terms of George Tenet, ``blinking red,'' and I'm sure that Abel has picked up on them.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

icarus

agree with luser here.

jy doesn't exactly need to fear cubi. he more or less...well, let's just say the fae bangles aren't the only things that are always on his sleeve now.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Psaakyrn

Except that Abel already mentioned that Jyrras' thoughts are annoying and such. Still, he did call Jyrras "fluff-tuft"...

On a random note, how many times has Jyrras done the "two fingers touching" now?
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

MT Hazard

I like Abels insult in the last panel. It's like the swear worlds in sci-fi like 'Frack', 'Frag' and 'Fracking' they allow the characters to express themselves without lowing the tone.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Turnsky

Jy's awkward incarnate, we all know the little roo rat.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

I'm still holding on to the possibility that the shield actually does have expired and Abel is just messing with Jyrras - the "hunter2" method, so to say.
Then again, this wouldn't make much sense plotwise, so it's probably just another lunatic theory...  8)

Chaos

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Reaver225 on January 09, 2008, 03:22:52 AM

...Strange, I suddenly got the mental image of a tiny version of the crew of the Enterprise inside Jyrras' head, with them saying 'Shields holding, captain!'

I was thinking something similar to that, only it was in Abel's head and the saying was 'shields at maximum, captain!'
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Jakon

Y'know, since Abel himself set up Jyrras' mind-shield ... I'm willing to bet he's more than able to see right through it.

Don

I'm positive Abel knows, despite the mind shield he once said in direct quote : "^%$& stupid! Jyrras is a Being! You can't emotion jammer Beings!".

If this still applies abel has known for a very long time and has proboblly already thought over the situation by now. He just doesn't know jyrras's direct thoughts on the matter.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Wouldn't Dan have known - and majorly freaked out - too then?

Don

Dan at the time didn't have alot of cubi abilities, abel on the other hand being at the academy for three hundred years would pick it up instantly.

If my theory is correct dan would've had the potential to, but never came across his emotion detection ability.

Paul

Quote from: 96Zack96 on January 09, 2008, 06:33:02 PMI'm positive Abel knows, despite the mind shield he once said in direct quote : "^%$& stupid! Jyrras is a Being! You can't emotion jammer Beings!".

If this still applies abel has known for a very long time and has proboblly already thought over the situation by now. He just doesn't know jyrras's direct thoughts on the matter.

I got the impression that emotion jamming is something a cubi does to someone else when wanting to elicit a certain reaction - like when Abel caused Dan to break down laughing. Mind-reading, which is what Jyrras' mindshield is there to prevent, is another thing completely. While Abel probably could get around the shield he's put on Jyrras if he wanted to, he did say it wasn't his business to know what Jyrras was thinking. So he probably doesn't want to; for all his flaws Abel is not the dishonest or sneaky type.

Don

Quote from: Paul on January 09, 2008, 07:41:51 PM
Quote from: 96Zack96 on January 09, 2008, 06:33:02 PMI'm positive Abel knows, despite the mind shield he once said in direct quote : "^%$& stupid! Jyrras is a Being! You can't emotion jammer Beings!".

I got the impression that emotion jamming is something a cubi does to someone else when wanting to elicit a certain reaction - like when Abel caused Dan to break down laughing. Mind-reading, which is what Jyrras' mindshield is there to prevent, is another thing completely. While Abel probably could get around the shield he's put on Jyrras if he wanted to, he did say it wasn't his business to know what Jyrras was thinking. So he probably doesn't want to; for all his flaws Abel is not the dishonest or sneaky type.

Oh...well then, there goes that theory...but abel does know jyrras likes him from generally far back when he first put the mind shield on jyrras, I guess it depends on weather or not he predicted jyrras would keep the feelings then.

Alondro

Quote from: Jakon on January 09, 2008, 05:21:02 PM
Y'know, since Abel himself set up Jyrras' mind-shield ... I'm willing to bet he's more than able to see right through it.

More than abel?  Well, he certainly can't be less than abel, cuz he IS Abel! 

Bwah ha ha!  That was so funny!  I made myself laugh at my clever joke of humorousness!   :giggle

*Charline fehs*  It sucked.  You suck.  Go die now.

*Charles*   :<  I fail at jokes.   :cry
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Danzig

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 09, 2008, 06:34:35 PM
Wouldn't Dan have known - and majorly freaked out - too then?

Why assume that he would freak out?  He didn't freak out when he found out via Alexei-disguise.  He has a fairly level head on his shoulders.

WhiteFox

And, we still don't know if Abel is actually gay, do we?

As for emotion jamming... in a culture where mental powers are a standard, I could see it as common as using a tone of voice. Think about how easy it is to sound sarcastic IRL. Think about how hard it is to sound sarcastic online, say, on a forum, without using an emote like *Eyeroll*. Same goes for flirting, humor, pleading, et cetera. If I were a cubi, i'd be broadcasting I AM KIDDING  or TAKE ME NOW whenever the the situation called for it. Especially considering the casual nature by which cubi use thought reading ( http://www.missmab.com/Demo/Cubi01.php ).
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sarcasm is easy.

I get mistaken for being sarcastic all the time...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rakala

All interesting theories, but I think at this point the best idea is to wait and see how things play out.

Quote from: Paul on January 10, 2008, 09:51:10 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 10, 2008, 06:44:15 AMI get mistaken for being sarcastic all the time...
Was that sarcasm?

Wait... but if it was, that would mean, he isn't actually mistaken - which would mean, it wasn't - which would mean, he is - which would mean it was - which would mean...

waaaaaaah! *runs away*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 10, 2008, 11:08:39 AM
Wait... but if it was, that would mean, he isn't actually mistaken - which would mean, it wasn't - which would mean, he is - which would mean it was - which would mean...

waaaaaaah! *runs away*

Mwahahahahaha! ;-]

Saist

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 10, 2008, 11:37:30 AM
Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 10, 2008, 11:08:39 AM

waaaaaaah! *runs away*

Mwahahahahaha! ;-]
* je.saist grabs a forklift and shelves the box, then proceeds to vote for "Stalling her fluffy tail as long as she can"

llearch n'n'daCorna