01/07/08 [DMFA #862] - Brunch

Started by Ailis, January 07, 2008, 02:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ailis

If he really wants to impress Abel an omlet with ham ought to do it.

Hee hee, Abel is cute when he blushes.

NDDR

yes, cutes a good word for it. then again that smile in the first panel, it looks like the mind shields worn off.

rabid_fox

Aww. That's quite sad. In a hilariously tragic way.

Oh dear.

Zedd

NDDR

i'd say a pizza bagle, some muffins and a cup of coffee. mmm bagels.

CubeGuy

I'm pretty sure at this point that Furrae is indeed the planet.

Poofyspikes

I don't know, Jyrras... Abel seems to like blatant and unabashed. After all, it's not like he hasn't made an ass of himself before.

Quote from: CubeGuy on January 07, 2008, 02:54:30 AM
Geez, and the quote "Welcome to DMFA, home to Dan and Mab and others of the cast, all in the magical land of Furrae, where anything can happen." from the front page didn't seal the deal for ya?

Danzig

Izkata

So, how do we know that Abel didn't leave a hole in the mind shield that only he could get through?

Quote from: Poofyspikes on January 07, 2008, 03:07:48 AM
Geez, and the quote "Welcome to DMFA, home to Dan and Mab and others of the cast, all in the magical land of Furrae, where anything can happen." from the front page didn't seal the deal for ya?
The conversation I remember was whether Furrae was their planet, or their universe - Mab's home being part of a "multiverse".

NDDR

Quote from: Izkata on January 07, 2008, 03:51:50 AM

So, how do we know that Abel didn't leave a hole in the mind shield that only he could get through?

The conversation I remember was whether Furrae was their planet, or their universe - Mab's home being part of a "multiverse".

last time i checked, land meant planet and world meant universe, but it could/might work the other way round.

altho i dont remember space having that much land, unlike those farmers always telling me to get off theirs.

Danzig

If you think world means universe then you need to do more checking.

Tapewolf

Actually, it was a good counter-argument.  "Land" often refers to a country, or sometimes a continent.  e.g. England, the Netherlands.  The USA sometimes refers to itself as "Land of the Free".

And yes, from the smile, I think Abel has either guessed or sensed Jyrras' intention.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Omega

A man should not pose like that when wearing a skirt that short.

*eye stabbing*

kaskar

Does Jyrras still have a fear of his sisters ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: NDDR on January 07, 2008, 04:03:02 AM
last time i checked, land meant planet and world meant universe, but it could/might work the other way round.

altho i dont remember space having that much land, unlike those farmers always telling me to get off theirs.

You mean, like, thousands upon thousands of other worlds aren't enough land for you?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Goatmon

Danzig

Quote from: Goatmon on January 07, 2008, 04:51:53 AM
Quote from: Danzig on January 07, 2008, 03:30:23 AM

Ahahahah.

Poor editing, but the joke is great. 

I posted it from my work comp so I only have access to MS paint.

Poofyspikes

Quote from: Danzig on January 07, 2008, 03:30:23 AM
*image snipped*
Sex on the first date? My, Jyrras certainly IS more confident.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 07, 2008, 04:20:07 AM
Actually, it was a good counter-argument.  "Land" often refers to a country, or sometimes a continent.  e.g. England, the Netherlands.  The USA sometimes refers to itself as "Land of the Free".
Perhaps in the context of a country vs planet discussion, but in the context of the planet vs universe discussion... makes no sense to me. But even if it were the case, we don't know enough about the national makeup of the planet to make such a judgement - for all we know, the entire planet is "Furrae" because no other lands have been mentioned.  Andohgodthisdiscussionisfartooseriousforthisforum. Also, I've managed to lose my interest somewhere.

Quote from: kaskar on January 07, 2008, 04:30:39 AM
Does Jyrras still have a fear of his sisters ?
What does that have to do with anything?

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Poofyspikes on January 07, 2008, 05:49:28 AM
Perhaps in the context of a country vs planet discussion, but in the context of the planet vs universe discussion... makes no sense to me.

Actually the earlier discussion was a country/continent/planet/universe discussion.  And when there's a whole group of people setting stories and RPs in Furrae, it's kind of handy to know what kind of a thing 'Furrae' is actually referring to :3

Angel

Phew. The old Jyrras isn't completely gone yet. Though it's nice to know he might have a chance with Abel with his new-found confidence.  :mowsmile
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Kenji

Friends and couples sometimes start dressing similar.
Does that mean if Jy and Abel get to be close friends or more, Jy will start wearing skirts?
Also, mmm brunch sounds good right now. x_x

Pagan

Confident (imaginary) Jyrras is awesome.

But real Jyrras looks like he needs some sleep.

By the way, Danzig, that was amazing
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Sid

Quote from: Kenji on January 07, 2008, 09:57:29 AM
Friends and couples sometimes start dressing similar.
Does that mean if Jy and Abel get to be close friends or more, Jy will start wearing skirts?
Also, mmm brunch sounds good right now. x_x

Doubt it. After all, his current outfit was already made by Abel...

...and I only now realize that Jyrras managed to get curse marks that don't clash with his existing outfit colors... THAT is awesome.
:boogie

Alondro

Quote from: Danzig on January 07, 2008, 05:27:20 AM

I posted it from my work comp so I only have access to MS paint.

Meh, MS Paint is the only thing I even remotely know how to use, so I can't complain.   :<

Buuuuut, I think it's time for Abel to inadvertantly take a peek into Jy-Jy's mind.  That should prove amusing.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on January 07, 2008, 10:59:35 AM
Buuuuut, I think it's time for Abel to inadvertantly take a peek into Jy-Jy's mind.  That should prove amusing.   >:3

I think he may already have figured it.  That evil grin.

Note that it is horribly similar to the one in 615.3 where he appears to be seducing Jyrras... quite what that means, I'm not sure.

superluser

Quote from: Ailis on January 07, 2008, 02:33:04 AMHee hee, Abel is cute when he blushes.

Er, that's Jyrras' idealized impression of the object of his affections blushing.

The real Abel blushing would be less cute, I think.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Caswin

In the first panel Abel seems a lot more... social-looking than usual.  Wonder why that is.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Danzig

Quote from: Caswin on January 07, 2008, 11:58:11 AM
In the first panel Abel seems a lot more... social-looking than usual.  Wonder why that is.

Yo, even 350+ year old magical creatures need a good lay once in a while.

Don

It would seem jyrras has regained most of his sense, wich should give him a better  chance with abel. I'm interested as to how abel is going to react to this situation, if he has known for so long he'll either just go with jyrras or he's made some sort of speech to tell him otherwise though with the O.T.P abreviation floating around, it's hard to say if he'd really refuse jyrras's offer.

Don't mind me, just pointing out the obvious for a reason to post.