12/21/07 [DMFA #857] - Laugh At Yourself

Started by Caswin, December 20, 2007, 10:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caswin

Lampshading.  Only works once - at least, once in a long while.

...I've been hanging around TV Tropes waaay too much.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

M

Pain is hilarious.

While I really liked this silly arc, I am looking forward to the new one.

GabrielsThoughts

not really impressed with the chibi-amber plot line you had going for the past few updates, and since any character Amber is not drawing is her favorite, it leads me to believe Amber realy hates herself today.

Hands amber a cyber-cookie... sorry it was the best I could do on such short notice.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Jigsaw Forte

Honestly, I'm a little surprised she didn't try to extend this out to the New Year.

Not like there's a dearth of other characters in the comic to cover besides Merlitz/Aaryanna, heh.

Netrogo

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on December 20, 2007, 10:48:23 PM
not really impressed with the chibi-amber plot line you had going for the past few updates

Heathen! They were funnae! >:O
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Netrogo on December 20, 2007, 11:07:56 PM
not really impressed with the chibi-amber plot line you had going for the past few updates

Seconded!

meany

Objection! Funny is defined by the person reading/observing the material which is supposed to be funny. This arc was a bit...wonky; funny at one point, and...disturbing at another. I have no idea why I said that. Perhaps I'm losing my faith in the church of DMFA...or maybe I'm low on my beloved caffine. I'll let you be the judge.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on December 20, 2007, 11:14:24 PM

Seconded!
Thirded?  :3

Quote from: meany on December 21, 2007, 12:27:00 AM

Objection! Funny is defined by the person reading/observing the material which is supposed to be funny. This arc was a bit...wonky; funny at one point, and...disturbing at another. I have no idea why I said that. Perhaps I'm losing my faith in the church of DMFA...or maybe I'm low on my beloved caffine. I'll let you be the judge.
I think your low on caffeine!
Of course, if you aren't, we will have to get out the torches and pitchforks!
:mob

DMFA is funny by definition; Dan and Mab's Funny Adventures!  :giggle

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Darkmoon

You titled this thread wrong. You are a failure.

FAILURE.

That is all.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Netrogo

There are two types of people in the world. Those who find DMFA funny, and those who are on fire.

Non-believer: But I don't find it funny and I'm not on fi... *hears a knock on the window, turns to see Net grinning and holding a lit medieval torch*

familyghost

Quote from: Caswin on December 20, 2007, 10:23:53 PM
Lampshading.  Only works once - at least, once in a long while.

...I've been hanging around TV Tropes waaay too much.

I know how you feel... I should have taken their warning seriously...

e_voyager

Amber little god lost pose for the win. i have to admit that last joke line subtle or not really sold the comic for me.  comedy is hard and  i believe it.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Chaos

*Reads Title* Good advice, that. After all, Amber, I laugh at you every day of my life!  *Zing!*

(She is going to hurt me for that.)

Naldru

Considering the tone of some of her recent rants, we should be happy that she's laughing again.

I would also like to raise this point, which I don't think I've seen in the forum lately

:funkluigi2 :kirby Merry Christmas to Amber, and a Happy New Year.   :kirby :funkmario1

And for the PC out there, Happy Holidays.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Alondro

*Charline stabs Charles, then slices him with tentawing blades, then insults him for being a loser that has to sell his body to science frequently to get money for his pathetic animation company... which suxx0rz majorly because it's run by him!*

EEE-HEE-HEE!  Amber's right!  This is HILARIOUS!

*Charles doesn't think so*   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Alondro

*Charline EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!*  D:

SPIDEEEEEEE!!!!  *flees in terror!*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Netrogo

Aleolus

e_voyager

if i couldn't laugh at myself i'd do nothing but cry
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

rabid_fox

Last time I laughed at myself, I had to kick my ass. I'm not letting me off with that sort of cheek. Punched me right in the mouth, I did.

Oh dear.

meany

If anyone reading this thread values their sanity-or what's left of it-I advise you to run away. Immediately. Now. Why are you still here?!

familyghost

DarkAudit

The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

bill

Quote from: meany on December 21, 2007, 03:22:57 PM
If anyone reading this thread values their sanity-or what's left of it-I advise you to run away. Immediately. Now. Why are you still here?!
If you can't handle this thread, you are at the wrong forum.

Ted Schiller

Since I value my sanity highly, I use it only during business hours.

With regards,
Ted

Hermie

Hey, it's a busy time of the year. She's got a right to stall. XD

We all must be patient.

LionHeart

Sanity? In here?!?!?

You mean you weren't warned about that when you joined the forum?
Quote from: Naldru on December 21, 2007, 06:30:32 AM
Considering the tone of some of her recent rants, we should be happy that she's laughing again.

I would also like to raise this point, which I don't think I've seen in the forum lately

:funkluigi2 :kirby Merry Christmas to Amber, and a Happy New Year.   :kirby :funkmario1

And for the PC out there, Happy Holidays.

'Tis a good thought. *switches to Xmas-themed avatar*
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Chaos

Naldru

By the way, I just found the ultimate politically correct holiday greeting

It's the one marked Holiday Greetings and the Law, Part II
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.