11/21/07 [DMFA #844] - She's a hump, what?

Started by Sienna Maiu - M T, November 21, 2007, 02:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sienna Maiu - M T

Interesting, I see no mauling, how amusing that she's been hanging on for awhile, I imagine this means that it really is just a "silly grudge"

Also, best of luck on your excursion Miss Amber :)

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Zedd

:D Makes a person happy enough to make you giggle shooting milk from the nostrials

Sienna Maiu - M T

Luckily, I wasn't holding my mug of milk at the time.

Kuari

Quote from: Zedd on November 21, 2007, 02:41:04 AM
:D Makes a person happy enough to make you giggle shooting milk from the nostrials

See, this is why I never drink anything before reading a comic.

Seth C Triggs

If tea turns into a baby, what would milk turn into?

-Seth
BIBP Webcomic - bizarre and NSFW - http://www.bibp.com

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Seth C Triggs on November 21, 2007, 03:08:06 AM
If tea turns into a baby, what would milk turn into?

-Seth

A freak of nature. Thats all i can think of.

Saist

hmm... Mab may want to have her extra tail checked out.

Kuari

Quote from: je.saist on November 21, 2007, 03:18:21 AM
hmm... Mab may want to have her extra tail checked out.

I was thinking more along the lines of "hunchback" rather then extra tail

Grenn

Seems to me that Fae have a thing for hugging everything they see in any situation :)

Valynth

The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

computer nerd

Azraelle

So since Nutmeg is required to speak in third-person, is she going to call herself "Hunch" now?

superluser

Wasn't Mab's hunch on the other side?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alondro

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 21, 2007, 02:49:57 AM
Luckily, I wasn't holding my mug of milk at the time.

*Charles Salad Fingers*  It... it seems the comic has made the milk come out of my nostrils...
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Goatmon

Brunhidden

maybe shes related to a 'facehugger'.......lets give mab some chili and burritos
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Slacker Spice

"Oh, listen to Mary Poppins. He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You English men are always so... bloody hell! [counting them on his fingers.] Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. Oh god... I'm English."
"Welcome to the nancy tribe."
Spike and Giles; "Tabula Rasa"; Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Aw, great, you blew up the 'wah-wah' machine!"
"PORCUPINES ARE GOD!" - Nostalgia

AnizInDisguise

Fuyudenki

Slacker Spice

Just a brief thought for Amber: If a faerie child is a reborn soul, is it possible for the resulting child to remember anything from its previous life?

"Oh, listen to Mary Poppins. He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You English men are always so... bloody hell! [counting them on his fingers.] Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. Oh god... I'm English."
"Welcome to the nancy tribe."
Spike and Giles; "Tabula Rasa"; Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Aw, great, you blew up the 'wah-wah' machine!"
"PORCUPINES ARE GOD!" - Nostalgia

Amber Williams

Quote from: Slacker Spice on November 21, 2007, 01:45:58 PM
Just a brief thought for Amber: If a faerie child is a reborn soul, is it possible for the resulting child to remember anything from its previous life?

Nope. Total blank slate. Anything they learn from the previous would have to be told to them or in handy dandy book format. :V

Kuari

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 21, 2007, 01:49:15 PM

Nope. Total blank slate. Anything they learn from the previous would have to be told to them or in handy dandy book format. :V

Something I'm wondering now is how long does a Fae usually live before deciding to die?  I mean, it's a big multiverse out there.  There's so many things to do.  Though I suppose in the end, unlimited power would get a bit stale.

Alondro

Quote from: Kuari on November 21, 2007, 01:57:40 PM

Something I'm wondering now is how long does a Fae usually live before deciding to die?  I mean, it's a big multiverse out there.  There's so many things to do.  Though I suppose in the end, unlimited power would get a bit stale.

You know, I kinda hate it when people say stuff like this.  No one has ever had unlimited power, so you can't even begin to guess at what it's like or how long you could go on before you'd get so bored you're willing to kill yourself.  It's a state of being far beyond mortal comprehension.  Just try to write a list of EVERYTHING you could do with such power and such a vast space to explore... the list alone will take you years to write.

Now, maybe vast powers with a puny mind would get stale.  There's nothing worse than someone with no imagination at all.  Creativity is the key.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

What, no puppets?

Aleolus

Oh, fairly quickly, I would imagine.  Just remember, power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

:erk I just had the mental image of a corrupted, evil fae.  It's not pretty!  Amber, maybe you could have one of them show up fairly soon to be the villian!

Sienna Maiu - M T

Which actually brings up a question I've had... are the genders set as well, or could you at any point in time have an unproportionate amount of males to females?

Quote from: Alondro on November 21, 2007, 02:26:57 PM

Something I'm wondering now is how long does a Fae usually live before deciding to die?  I mean, it's a big multiverse out there.  There's so many things to do.  Though I suppose in the end, unlimited power would get a bit stale.

You know, I kinda hate it when people say stuff like this.  No one has ever had unlimited power, so you can't even begin to guess at what it's like or how long you could go on before you'd get so bored you're willing to kill yourself.  It's a state of being far beyond mortal comprehension.  Just try to write a list of EVERYTHING you could do with such power and such a vast space to explore... the list alone will take you years to write.

Now, maybe vast powers with a puny mind would get stale.  There's nothing worse than someone with no imagination at all.  Creativity is the key.   :3

You know... I've thought about this every so often ever since that episode of Voyager with the Q. I don't get just how a person who is immortal with unlimited powers can get bored. I mean really, if you actually have experienced everything, don't you think it's about time to wipe your memories clear so that you can do it again?
And honestly, circumstances change, things can never really be the exact same as they once were, there is going to be at least one element different in the world, you can't stop time in a place and have it forever be the same, everything around it in the world is different. Things always change.

Just like, the less sleep I have the more my postings change into non-sensical ramblings

Kuari

Quote from: Alondro on November 21, 2007, 02:26:57 PM
You know, I kinda hate it when people say stuff like this.  No one has ever had unlimited power, so you can't even begin to guess at what it's like or how long you could go on before you'd get so bored you're willing to kill yourself.  It's a state of being far beyond mortal comprehension.  Just try to write a list of EVERYTHING you could do with such power and such a vast space to explore... the list alone will take you years to write.

Now, maybe vast powers with a puny mind would get stale.  There's nothing worse than someone with no imagination at all.  Creativity is the key.   :3

Sure, no one's ever had it, but half the fun in life are the mistakes one makes.  I mean, with unlimited power there'd be no mistakes unless you make them on purpose.  It's the creativity I think that would keep things interesting for a few thousand years or so maybe.  I mean, gee, Mab has probably enjoyed a good Pokemon battle or two with her imagination (old comic reference).  But yeah, you're right, creativity is key, but come on.  If you could just snap your fingers and destroy a universe, would you be enjoying your dimensional rampage :p

Caswin

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 21, 2007, 02:49:08 PMAnd honestly, circumstances change, things can never really be the exact same as they once were, there is going to be at least one element different in the world, you can't stop time in a place and have it forever be the same, everything around it in the world is different. Things always change.

Just like, the less sleep I have the more my postings change into non-sensical ramblings
The problem was, the Q weren't limited by time - hence the great time chase.  ("Captain, I don't think the ship will survive the birth of the universe.")  He had exhausted just about everything he could ever think of, changed circumstances included.  That's why they had to fight a full-blown civil war for anything appreciably new.

Ooh, Fae civil war... that would be something.

Something bad.  "This is the way the world ends - not with a bang, but..."

Okay, I'm convinced that this could be good, but a writer's block is in my way.  Can someone finish that for me?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... with a whimper. Of everyone else in the universe, hiding under the table and hoping the parents can decide on a starter.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears