10/15/07 [DMFA #832] - Ear muffs

Started by Naldru, October 14, 2007, 10:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

Okay, I was wrong.  They're not maces.  They're ear protectors.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

techmaster-glitch

Oh jeeze. I knew Jyrras had a messed up childhood (what with six older sisters and all) but I had no idea it was that bad. Wow.

Faerie Alex

I wonder what she means by Mab's "linears." Maybe traveling through time on a linear path? Or something about only being in one place at once?

And her expression in the last panel is priceless. >:3
Jeez I need to update this thing.

techmaster-glitch

Umm, as 'linears', she's referring to Jyrras and Lorenda, duh :B

Kenji

Haha. He's talking about all those times random artists violated him.

superluser

They're not even squares, man!  They'd have to be ten times as cool just to be L7,

...or the fact that they progress through time linearly, with a beginning and an end.

Also, `Shaz'?  Is the Fae realm on Ork?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Stygian

Is it wrong of me to feel at least a little pleasure at seeing her suffer so? After all, she is fae.

Oh, also, note the comment on 'linears'. As if the dimension-hoppers weren't bothersome enough...

Zedd

Lovely intergrated way using your hair...Then again faes like her could suffer lot worse than this now >:3 And how come have the feeling Jyyras doing the Hanky panky sounds so hot?

Psaakyrn

Quote from: modelincard on October 14, 2007, 10:36:37 PM
I wonder what she means by Mab's "linears." Maybe traveling through time on a linear path? Or something about only being in one place at once?

And her expression in the last panel is priceless. >:3

I'm more inclined to believe it's about the linear timepath thing. Which would explain Fa'Lina's comment about old/new friends. If Fa'lina is omnipotent, she would know of future meetings with Mab at SAIA, and if Mab was also experiencing the future visit at the same time... Bah, time travel makes for messy book-keeping. :x

But ths complicates the bracer thing slightly, since if Fae experience time differently, they have all the time in the world to think of a suitable revenge... unless they're also forgetful, which I'm more inclined to believe.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Madmann135

I know somewhere a god is laughing at the human fae's predicament.

I love how Mab is just there all emotionless saying "Jyrras knows what hanky panky is?"

it must be a rough day for Mab, normally she would be bubbly or something other than that semi-cold stare.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

GabrielsThoughts

Jyrass: and then this one time at band camp...
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Caswin

Shaz...

Shazzer...

Shazarelam--

No!  Bad Caswin!  Stop making connections that probably aren't there!  :nono
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

rt

Wow still flash backing .. the horror!! the horror!!  :U

Poor lady fae will need theropy now.

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 14, 2007, 11:29:25 PM

:erk

The Fae being nonlinear chronofixitive would explain an AWFUL lot...  And be yet another reason Fae will be illegal as PCs in any DMFA RPG.

Valynth

Alright, let me demonstrate what linear is.  *presents a giant cannon*  Now lets say this cannon represents the creation of a new life while the cannon ball represents the life itself.
*fires the cannon*
Now as you can see, the ball in flying in one direction.  Because of the initial trust of its creation, it cannot go back along the exact same trajectory without outside interference of a higher power than the ball itself.
*the ball lands*
In the landing however, it loses all motion; this is death for the ball or life.  You'll note that the only certainties with the ball is that it will land/die and it cannot go backwards.

These principles, however do not seem to affect the Fae at all.  In fact, my theory is that the Fae can remove themselves from a trajectory (or timeline), go back to the point in time they wish, reinsert themselves into the timeline, and temporarily clone themselves.  This allows something I call "pseudo-omnipresence."  I say pseudo because the past Fae(s) -must- remove her/him/themself from the timeline at some point in order for the process to ever have occurred, thereby only leaving the 'future' Fae(s).

As for the Fae realm itself, I theorize that it is infact not a 'realm' as we know it.  Rather I think that the Fae realm is created from tiny, almost insignificant parts of an infinite number of realms.  This allows the occupants of the Fae realm to determine which effects of what realm they want applied to their person while in the Fae realm, essentially allowing the "think of what you want and do it"  atmosphere of the Fae realm.

This is all my own speculation of course.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Madmann135

Jyrras:  ...And that's the last time I took Dan to a science convention.
(sleep deprivation at it's finest folks)

Sometimes being in two places at once can be a bad thing but I wanna be able to do it. 
Imagine all the time I could save with homework (EVILLLLL) and spend more time playing video games.

Valynth your forgetting one minor/major detail.
replication and psychic connection between replications.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

King Of Hearts

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 14, 2007, 11:29:25 PM

He shove a flute up his... p... pu... pulminary artery!

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 14, 2007, 11:56:00 PM
Jyrras:  ...And that's the last time I took Dan to a science convention.
(sleep deprivation at it's finest folks)

Sometimes being in two places at once can be a bad thing but I wanna be able to do it. 
Imagine all the time I could save with homework (EVILLLLL) and spend more time playing video games.

Valynth your forgetting one minor/major detail.
replication and psychic connection between replications.

Seriously... do you really think you'll get homework done? Chances are you'll end up playing all those co-op games like crystal chronicals..
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Azraelle

So the fae are "unstuck in time" ... very interesting.

Azlan

The fae are everywhere and nowhere all at once.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Reese Tora

Quote from: Valynth on October 14, 2007, 11:55:17 PM
Alright, let me demonstrate what linear is.  *presents a giant cannon*  Now lets say this cannon represents the creation of a new life while the cannon ball represents the life itself.
*fires the cannon*
Now as you can see, the ball in flying in one direction.  Because of the initial trust of its creation, it cannot go back along the exact same trajectory without outside interference of a higher power than the ball itself.
*the ball lands*
In the landing however, it loses all motion; this is death for the ball or life.  You'll note that the only certainties with the ball is that it will land/die and it cannot go backwards.

These principles, however do not seem to affect the Fae at all.  In fact, my theory is that the Fae can remove themselves from a trajectory (or timeline), go back to the point in time they wish, reinsert themselves into the timeline, and temporarily clone themselves.  This allows something I call "pseudo-omnipresence."  I say pseudo because the past Fae(s) -must- remove her/him/themself from the timeline at some point in order for the process to ever have occurred, thereby only leaving the 'future' Fae(s).

As for the Fae realm itself, I theorize that it is infact not a 'realm' as we know it.  Rather I think that the Fae realm is created from tiny, almost insignificant parts of an infinite number of realms.  This allows the occupants of the Fae realm to determine which effects of what realm they want applied to their person while in the Fae realm, essentially allowing the "think of what you want and do it"  atmosphere of the Fae realm.

This is all my own speculation of course.

This is an interesting theory.  The question is: will it blend? does it explain why she is experiencing what her other self is experiencing as though she were there her(second)self?

Stepping an an entierly different direction, in starwars, a clone's mind is linked to the original via the force in the Timothy Zahn books because the minds are, at first, almost exactly similar, though this fades the slower a clone is grown.  If a similar effect exists in DMFA land, it's possible that a fae is exactly the same as her future/past self, and so forms a two-way mental link between herselves.  This would account for the sense link if your time travel theory is correct.

(time travel destroying temporal grammer... english failing... speaking... like Kirk...)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Zedd

Quote from: Azlan on October 15, 2007, 01:16:55 AM
The fae are everywhere and nowhere all at once.
And get bored easily... ;)

Fex

I got one question ... whats Hanky Panky?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Fex on October 15, 2007, 03:23:34 AM
Well, when two Beings love each other...
[Scrabbles for Fa'Lina's illustrations]

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 15, 2007, 04:05:52 AM
Oh no..Not the puppets...You know I hate the puppets too..

Dard

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 15, 2007, 04:05:52 AM
Never mind, Fex, I had to look it up, too!

(I'm more surprised that Mab knew what Hanky Panky is!)

Turnsky

and i thought my ponytail was fluffy on the end.  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Janus Whitefurr

5. And the King replied, "I have not forgotten that you are the Arrogant Man, and still your arrogance blinds you. Who are you to question my plans, you little man of linear time? Who are you to believe he knows what is best for I, I who has drunk down the the agonies of a million Men, I who has seen to the edge of forever?"
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Magic

I wonder if one could express Mab in terms of six dimensional mathematics.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Jakon

Okay, so Fae are capable of multiplicity, too... is there anything they can't do?