10/08/07 [DMFA #829] - Batter up!

Started by Faerie Alex, October 07, 2007, 09:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faerie Alex

I'd be inclined to agree with her. :B But I wore a sweatervest once...in a costume...with a tail...nope, I agree with her.

I especially like the progression of her expressions.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

techmaster-glitch

Aw, straight guys can wear sweater-vests every once in awhile!

Maybe not as much as Jyrras, but...

:/

llearch n'n'daCorna

So... what -has- Jy-jy done about the dust? Got a bunch of Roombas or something?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

nikename2

Mabye he's got an ionic breeze, in every room, but all of them are modified to have cloaking devices on them.  :B

Naldru

If you put a good enough filtration unit on the air conditioning, you might be eliminate any air-born particulate matter that could collect as dust.

Didn't Fred MacMurray (on My Three Sons) and Mr. Rogers wear a lot of sweater vests?

I just found a listing for Faerie Con.  Do you think that would cheer up Mab.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Faerie Alex

I remember what it was...Metrosexual. Yup, that's what Jyrras is.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Clicky

Talk about kicking him while he's down... He's prolly going to need to build a gargantuan robot or something for this blow to the ego... And make it have MANLY colors. Like a fire paint job. I'd love to see him do that.  >:3

Zedd

The programing Amber talks about seems like Llearches department abit I think...But I am so sure its possible he could do it.

Yeah but there is always possibillty Jyyras is in the closet type to me..But neverless...He could be playing hard to deside to wear when you know only a few types of clothes fit him...Maybe hes gay..maybe bi...Who knows. Im sure he will stick with a fine mate soon enough.

rt

Those look like angry sweater vest eyes.

>:3 Also yay for early crazy canadian updates .. gobble gobble one and all

Seth C Triggs

Heh poor Jyrras...getting totally, irrevocably owned from all sides.

He needs a fangirl Mary Sue to save the day! (Or fanboy Marty Stu if you swing that way).

Then he can be happy and they can have twue wuv and love him as he is, and everyone sings Good Ship Lollipop as they sail off into the sunset!

Or something.

-Seth
BIBP Webcomic - bizarre and NSFW - http://www.bibp.com

MaskedRetriever

"Shag everyone, wear all the clothes."
~Eddie Izzard

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zedd on October 07, 2007, 10:20:32 PM
The programing Amber talks about seems like Llearches department abit I think...But I am so sure its possible he could do it.

Nyet. I Don't Do Windows.

Besides, if it was my area, it'd still take me 8 months to get it done... ;-] I suspect a slightly less harried individual might be of more immediate use. *grin*

Kenji

His mom cleans his house and dresses him while he sleeps. Thats what it is..

Zedd

Quote from: Kenji on October 07, 2007, 11:08:12 PM
His mom cleans his house and dresses him while he sleeps. Thats what it is..
Oh I better hope theres proof to that...

GabrielsThoughts

I say all the dust sticks to Deathbringer and the sweater vest's ar because he's a dork... or Jyrras, upon hearing Lorenda's words,immediately decides to sleep with the first girl he meets in a bar to prove he's not gay...which turns out to be Wildy who is doing it for the same reasons. (GabrielsThoughts gets pelted with tomatoes, then killed for the evil thoughts in his head) 
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Azraelle

Heck, Jyrras probably invented Furrae's version of the Roomba.  Only his version can climb walls, wash windows, and make your shoes not stink.  And it probably transforms into something.

I think Gabe is probably right though, Jy will do one of two things - he'll either sleep with the first girl he meets, or come to terms with the fact that he really is gay and try to hook up with Abel.

Kamunt

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 07, 2007, 10:37:14 PM
Quote from: Zedd on October 07, 2007, 10:20:32 PMThe programing Amber talks about seems like Llearches department abit I think...But I am so sure its possible he could do it.

:rolleyes Of course...

If I knew how to do this, of course I would lend you a hand--errm, paw?--Amber, since I love programming and such stuffs anyways. It's probably mostly C++ or Microsoft VB or something, though, some language I know nothing about.

On an on-topic note, I completely disagree with anyone who thinks that li'l' Jy-squeak is gay. It's already been confirmed...several times, in fact...that Jyrras feels strong feelings towards Lorenda. Last I checked, gay guys don't fall for chicks. Maybe he's some new kind of term, though, or something that we haven't heard of...a creaturephile, or something? :erk Think about it: all 3 of the people he has/has had feelings for are beings. Why hasn't he developed any feelings for Wildy? It's more than clear that the two already bicker like a married couple a lot, so why not that? Simple: she's the furry equivalent of a Human. >:3 :rolleyes

/crackpottheory

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Kamunt on October 08, 2007, 12:22:25 AM
On an on-topic note, I completely disagree with anyone who thinks that li'l' Jy-squeak is gay. It's already been confirmed...several times, in fact...that Jyrras feels strong feelings towards Lorenda. Last I checked, gay guys don't fall for chicks. Maybe he's some new kind of term, though, or something that we haven't heard of...a creaturephile, or something? :erk Think about it: all 3 of the people he has/has had feelings for are beings. Why hasn't he developed any feelings for Wildy? It's more than clear that the two already bicker like a married couple a lot, so why not that? Simple: she's the furry equivalent of a Human. >:3 :rolleyes

Actually, we do have a name for that. We call them bisexuals.

Though the fact that he has only ever developed feelings for Creatures and not Beings...is a valid point. His own mother points that out.
I think you may be onto something there...or maybe not. Who knows? Only Amber.

I also like what Azraelle and Gabriel are thinking:
Quote from: Azraelle on October 08, 2007, 12:08:31 AM
Jy will do one of two things - he'll either sleep with the first girl he meets, or come to terms with the fact that he really is gay and try to hook up with Abel.
That aslo seems fairly plausible....
I really need to go to bed :B

Regal

Quote from: Clicky on October 07, 2007, 10:17:44 PM
Talk about kicking him while he's down... He's prolly going to need to build a gargantuan robot or something for this blow to the ego... And make it have MANLY colors. Like a fire paint job. I'd love to see him do that.  >:3

With a built in BBQ grill, beer taps, wide screen TV and NASCAR race scanner.

Kasarn

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 08, 2007, 12:40:19 AM

What devil magic is this "bisexuality"?

:P

Roureem Egas

Hey, maybe Jyyras is pansexual. :B

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think it really is likely that Jyrras is pan. From what I remember, Jyrras's attractions to Dan, Lorenda, and Abel wasn't because he thought they looked hot in whatever they were wearing at the time. He liked them because they were friendly with him, or he was touched by an act they did for him.

Dan is his first friend and is the first person Jyrras had fun with. Lorenda took him home after...some event I can't remember and opened up to him a bit. Abel saw Jyrras's crush on Dan in his mind and covered for him when Aaryanna was wondering why Jyyras's mind was screaming something. Abel also put up a mind shield for Jyrras too. I think there are more things, but I can't remember right now and I'm too lazy to go through the archives right now.

Kuari

Wildy and Jy would be interesting, but Amber could end up not going too far into any relationship kind of thing to avoid drama, or maybe not...  hard to tell...

MaskedRetriever

Fuyudenki

with reference to the screensaver question, I recall screensavers are effectively renamed .exe files, which makes the actual generation cake.  I've got some C/++ experience, but I'm not sure how the whole "option screen" works, and it would take a few weeks at best to get the input polling(shutting the thing down) and graphical effects, even assuming I use a pre-made graphical API, such as Irrlicht, or its derivative, IrrSpintz(the latter of which runs faster, but requires DirectX or Open GL hardware accelleration.)

In reference to the comic.  Lorenda has great varying expression, but I'd feel like I'd been thrown into a box if I were an OCD cleanliness guy or gay.

yeah... one look at my room reveals that I am neither. :P

[edit back on the screensaver thing]
I'm clearly in the Computer Science classes at my university, though, so clearly, I know at least one person who could make a screensaver in an afternoon.  For fun, no less!(that is, no pay required)  I could see what I can dig up.[/edit]

Kamunt

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 08, 2007, 12:40:19 AM

...Well, yeah, but I mean....gay guys don't like girls "in that way" is what I was saying, so he can't be gay as some people in this thread have mentioned.

Quote from: Kasarn on October 08, 2007, 01:11:15 AM
What devil magic is this "bisexuality"?

:P

I LOLed very muchly. XD

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 07, 2007, 10:37:14 PM

Only for the money.

While I could probably write something that would work as a screensaver, I'd have no idea how to plug into the Windows subsystem.  'Course if it was done with SDL, it should be possible to make it work on Linux and the MacOS as well, which would be nice - I'm not usually in Windows long enough to trigger the screensaver.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

mwcain

Don't forget the Rhino girl in the corset shop....http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_774.php

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: mwcain on October 08, 2007, 04:57:39 AM
Don't forget the Rhino girl in the corset shop....http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_774.php

It works better if you edit both numbers, not just one.

Her name is Bernadette, in case you missed it. We discussed her at some length, in the last thread, I think...

Madmann135

Jyrras is an eccentric mad scientist.
Eccentric Mas scientist always have their quirks, for Jyrras it's his ability to have a spotless and organized mansion (like a machine did it) without spending days cleaning it.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

thegayhare

Quote from: Roureem Egas on October 08, 2007, 01:13:52 AM
From what I remember, Jyrras's attractions to Dan, Lorenda, and Abel wasn't because he thought they looked hot in whatever they were wearing at the time.

not exactly true  in this comic it's mentioned that one of the reasons he likes both Dan and Abel is because they have cute butts.  which would mark him as having the same taste in boys as Matilda.  While we don't have the exact data as to why he's attracted to Lorenda he could like her huge... tracts of land.  Most likely there is a mix of emotional and physical atractions.

and why do so many people think that because Lorenda thought he was gay he's going to have to do something stupid to prove he's manly.  If he's already come to grips with th fact that 2 out of 3 of his crushes were male don't you think he realizes he's got a bit of gay in him.  Since he's already come to grips with the fact that he's bi why would this cause him to suddenly have to prove his manliness?

Also why do some folks seem to think Bernedetta are suddenly going to hook up?  they haven't even met