Goodbye - 9-26-2007 [#824]

Started by Cogidubnus, September 26, 2007, 01:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

Poor Mab. It's not often we see her actually sad.

:<

Also, Amber deserves applause and cupcakes of comfort and deliciousness. That's dedication right there.

superluser

I'm surprised that Mab's parents didn't try to have a fun send-off.

After all, Hunter S. Thompson had himself loaded into a cannon and fired off.  It seems like a truly whimsical race would try something like that.

But this way tugs at the heart strings more, so that's good.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zorro

Interesting beam out.  Maybe there is an afterlife for Fae after all.  Maybe a something like Buddhist reincarnation as a bug and they start working their way back up the ladder again for another Million years.

Aleolus

Of course the Fae use reincarnation, but they are reincarnated as other fae.  Don't you remember when Nutmeg, disguised as Albanion, explained how Fae manage to reproduce?

LigerJet

I wonder if we'll see who Mab's mom is reincarnated as.

Zedd

Its hard to say goodbyes sometimes...But this too will pass...Thats my montra...

Azraelle

Wow, this is the most solemn DMFA I've read in a long while.  *sniff*

The Lurking Dragon

Wow. Nice. I like. (the comic not the situation silly.) The comment under the strip says it all really. I know you usually keep the main comic cheery, but thanks for putting this one up.
"You can't see me or hear me unless I want you to."
The Lurking Dragon

Timothy

Very beautiful ... but very sad ... panel 3.  :mowsad
And with Abel's story at it's darkest ... give more funny ?
Pretty please ?
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

Reaver225

:mowsad

It's a very touching comic, especially due to Jyrras' leadup. How many here forgot the reason they were in the Fae realm in the first place? *raises hand, looks around*

Psaakyrn

Quote from: superluser on September 26, 2007, 01:42:26 AM
I'm surprised that Mab's parents didn't try to have a fun send-off.

After all, Hunter S. Thompson had himself loaded into a cannon and fired off.  It seems like a truly whimsical race would try something like that.

But this way tugs at the heart strings more, so that's good.

Well, the send-off is kinda fancy, considering all the lights; But the fact still remains.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

computer nerd

Madmann135

Jyrras should leave the ironic comments to the professionals like Dan.  Even though Mab is a hard nut to crack out of her bubbly happiness, loosing her parents and seeing them go is one of those events where most people would be sad.

I hope Dan does something Dan-ish to help bring Mab out of her sadness.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on September 26, 2007, 06:27:38 AM
I hope Dan does something Dan-ish to help bring Mab out of her sadness.

Dan's just had one of the nastiest shocks in his life.  I really doubt he's going to be able to comfort anyone, assuming he even recovers by the time Mab gets back to Lost Lake.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Feather Dancer

I'd have loved to have seen her parents again before they "died", really sad :( We need to send Mab hugs and cookies in a box for this one.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

WhiteFire

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 26, 2007, 06:31:29 AM
Dan's just had one of the nastiest shocks in his life.  I really doubt he's going to be able to comfort anyone, assuming he even recovers by the time Mab gets back to Lost Lake.

It's an interesting moment in DMFA. Dan's reality has been turned inside out. Mab is... well, see above. Jyrass just had it announced to him a Fae is out to get to him and his best bet is to be lucky and die of old age first after confirming two of three love interests are not interests. Able is probably all bent out of shape. Lorenda just had to ... ok, listen to Jyrass do the "just friends" speech for her, but still.

We seem to be standing in the darkest hour this strip has ever seen.

Not to say this is bad, I'm glued to my seat. :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhiteFire on September 26, 2007, 08:18:46 AM
We seem to be standing in the darkest hour this strip has ever seen.
It's just a bunch of characters on a downer.  Unless Dan actually attempts suicide or something, I think the 'Final Solution to the Dragon Problem' is going to be the darkest hour  :erk

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Psaakyrn

I can think of worse possibilities...

(see example: Unicorn Jelly. The ending of that is one of the stronger ones I've seen... and seeing that Unicorn Jelly has appeared in this strip before, I'm not putting a similar possibility that far fetched.)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Alondro

*Charline smirks*  Bah, this just illustrates why being evil is best!  Eventually all you good guys and chaotic neutrals get tired of life and die!  We 'Evils' NEVER get tired of tormenting the 'goods' and bringing them misery and pain and suffering... as well as helping the more suicidal ones achieve their lethal goal all while pretnding to sympathize, only to keep their souls alive within us for a while as we take our time consuming them.

Thus, yet another reason why the Cubi race shall soon be THE SUPREME BEINGSSSSS!   :mwaha

Or, well, the supreme 'creatures'.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Akisohida

Quote from: Alondro on September 26, 2007, 09:35:48 AM
*Charline smirks*  Bah, this just illustrates why being evil is best!  Eventually all you good guys and chaotic neutrals get tired of life and die!  We 'Evils' NEVER get tired of tormenting the 'goods' and bringing them misery and pain and suffering... as well as helping the more suicidal ones achieve their lethal goal all while pretnding to sympathize, only to keep their souls alive within us for a while as we take our time consuming them.

Thus, yet another reason why the Cubi race shall soon be THE SUPREME BEINGSSSSS!   :mwaha

Or, well, the supreme 'creatures'.   :3

Bad Charline! Don't make me give you another foxspider hug!

BUt yeah, that is sad for Mab. I hope Jy realises this when she returns to them.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

TheDXM

I was saving this for when Jyrras finally found love but...

Everyone, all together now.

Awwwwww...!

thegayhare

yes this is a sad day for Mab but she's lucky too.

Her parents got to pick the time and place of there death and she got to see them before they go.

I wish I could have seen my dad before he died

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: The DXM on September 26, 2007, 09:59:31 AM
I was saving this for when Jyrras finally found love but...

Everyone, all together now.

Awwwwww...!

Different kind of 'awwwwww'. :/

llearch n'n'daCorna

That last panel is splendid.

... although I -will- admit it has overtones of the tinfoil element...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

rabid_fox

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'd totally forgotten the whole purpose of the trip to the Fae Kingdom. Another sledgehammer from Amber, deliciously delivered.

Oh dear.

GabrielsThoughts

how do we know that's Mab's mom and not some spirit named mom?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Amber Williams

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 26, 2007, 11:35:40 AM

Because my fanbase cannot possibly be that mentally retarded.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 26, 2007, 11:42:37 AM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 26, 2007, 11:35:40 AM

Because my fanbase cannot possibly be that mentally retarded.

Is that a challenge?  Because I think some of us would totally accept.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Raist on September 26, 2007, 11:48:04 AM
Is that a challenge?  Because I think some of us would totally accept.

No, it's a promise. If you really are that mentally retarded, you'll be permabanned. With no warning.

.. and DO have a nice day, now, y'hear? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Goatmon

Aww....  :<

I think Mab needs a hug.   :cry