09/24/07 [DMFA #823] - It's like bookmarking!

Started by Sid, September 23, 2007, 09:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sid

Now, it would be REALLY awesome if they made Jyrras immortal! "You're not going to die before I got my revenge!"
:boogie

Fresnor

In other news; the Universes latest shot at Amber is more sickness and weight-gain around the midruff area...  *hides in a very deep hole*

TheDXM

nikename2

Considering how log Fae can live for they may just have made him immortal, since dying from old age is still a way to die.  ;)

Kenji

....Death Bling.

Cause the kiss of death would get its butt handed to it by censorship nowadays.

Sid

Quote from: Xeksue on September 23, 2007, 09:17:13 PM
Considering how log Fae can live for they may just have made him immortal, since dying from old age is still a way to die.  ;)

Well, I think the immortality option is kinda spoiled by the "they don't do anything", unless Fae consider "immortality" to be less important than "shiny". ...which they might. ;)
:boogie

Sienna Maiu - M T

That would be pretty cool.

They clash with most formal wear eh? Ch'yeah right! You obviously don't know how to dress! [/end haughty]

I love that expression in the second panel though. The whole thing is so... cute.
Also, it would seem that "humans" really do have four fingers.
Or rather, the furres really only have three.

TheDXM

Manawolf

Mab, it will be your responsibility to see that such things never come to pass.

techmaster-glitch

They have no actual function! I knew it! :U

I actually thought of this a while back, but never said anything because of the Amber Reaction :rolleyes If we post something and it actually turns out to be right she changes it so it wasn't :B That's why I never said anything before :P

...I'm done here :shifty

Zedd

Rithm Alfortele

...Well... I don't think Jyrras has to worry about any creatures hunting him now.

Honestly, it seems more like... like...

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_565.php

Like that.

Except more permanent, and the creature would more likely be killed by a very mad fae if they killed/ate/sacrificed someone with those bangles.

Fuyudenki

actually, reminds me of the mark God put on Cain to warn anyone against killing him.  Similar reasoning, too.

There's speculation, however, that it didn't serve as enough of a deterrent.

Lamech said to his wives:

"Adah and Zillah, hear my voice;
you wives of Lamech, listen to what I say;
I have killed a man for wounding me,
a young man for striking me.
If Cain's revenge is sevenfold,
then Lamech's is seventy-sevenfold."

Regal

Oh Amber, never challenge the universe. It fights dirty.

Faerie Alex

Makes me wonder if you could kill yourself if you had those shiny bracelets on. Ya' know...to spite the fae...or spare yourself whatever far worse punishment they'll prolly give.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

xHaZxMaTx

What if you just cut your wrists off?  You wouldn't have to die, and you'd be rid of the bangles. :3

superluser

Quote from: Sid on September 23, 2007, 09:12:36 PMNow, it would be REALLY awesome if they made Jyrras immortal! "You're not going to die before I got my revenge!"

I've mentioned it before, but I knew a guy who did something like this in DnD.  He offered a party member who was becoming a real jerk up as a sacrifice to his god.  He critically failed, so the god didn't accept the sacrifice.  He merely required a continuous offering of blood from the guy.  He could never die, so they stuck him on a pole and carried him around like a shield.

Anyways, you'd think after however many millennia, Albanion would have a list of punishments that he's used before, and can use again in appropriate situations.  And a heuristic for making ironic punishments.

Quote from: modelincard on September 23, 2007, 10:41:14 PMMakes me wonder if you could kill yourself if you had those shiny bracelets on. Ya' know...to spite the fae...or spare yourself whatever far worse punishment they'll prolly give.

Prolly not in the age of the undead.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zorro

Like I Said before.

Curse Of The Azure Bonds.

Just with a forgetful puppet master.

AnizInDisguise

Immortality, eh? Interesting concept. *goes away to ponder*

Regal

Quote from: superluser on September 23, 2007, 10:50:20 PM
Anyways, you'd think after however many millennia, Albanion would have a list of punishments that he's used before, and can use again in appropriate situations. 

A reused punishment? How gauche! There is no style in that! Each punishment must be unique and individually talored for the proper revenge. And considering how many people Albanion must have on his list, Jy should be safe for the next ten thousand years. Revenge is a dish served very very very cold.

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Regal on September 23, 2007, 11:24:53 PM
A reused punishment? How gauche! There is no style in that! Each punishment must be unique and individually talored for the proper revenge. And considering how many people Albanion must have on his list, Jy should be safe for the next ten thousand years. Revenge is a dish served very very very cold.

Revenge is cryogenticly preserved? Alcor has revenge stored somewhere?

Or do you mean colder? Is revenge a Bose-Einstein or Fermi-Dirac condensate?

...Should I drive the point home with a revengine? (I insincearly appologise for that one...)

Manawolf

Okay, say his powers are tiid to moonlight, and Al's a Master of the Hunt.

Naldru

Given the nature of the members of the Council, could this be Albanion's method of making sure that nobody kills Jyrras before he figures out the best way to handle it.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Aleolus

Quote from: Naldru on September 24, 2007, 12:59:20 AM
Given the nature of the members of the Council, could this be Albanion's method of making sure that nobody kills Jyrras before he figures out the best way to handle it.

Now that's an interesting idea, but I think Albanion is a little too shallow for it to work.  Now, Nutmeg might be behind this, though, exagurating how Jy wouldn't hug her and all, knowing that it would piss Al off, and he'd go and do that.  Interesting idea.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Aleolus on September 24, 2007, 02:46:34 AM
Quote from: Naldru on September 24, 2007, 12:59:20 AM

Now that's an interesting idea, but I think Albanion is a little too shallow for it to work.  Now, Nutmeg might be behind this, though, exagurating how Jy wouldn't hug her and all, knowing that it would piss Al off, and he'd go and do that.  Interesting idea.

Considering what we ACTUALLY know about the guy, both as an individual and as a member of a capricious and long-lived race, I think it's entierly plausible that the entire 'Mabs parents dying' think could be engineered for the expres purpose of marking Jyrras for 'vengeance'.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Zedd

Tapewolf

Quote from: Reese Tora on September 24, 2007, 02:53:28 AM
Considering what we ACTUALLY know about the guy, both as an individual and as a member of a capricious and long-lived race, I think it's entirely plausible that the entire 'Mabs parents dying' think could be engineered for the express purpose of marking Jyrras for 'vengeance'.

Seems a bit slipshod to me.  Lorenda could have been closest when she made the hug attempt in which case she would have been targetted for vengeance instead.  In fact, if Mab hadn't made Nutmeg pointy, Jyrras might not have been so freaked out in the first place.

Quote from: Turnsky on September 24, 2007, 03:06:21 AM
i think this says it all
Heh.  Nice one.

Quote from: The DXM on September 23, 2007, 09:26:11 PM
"Hands off Reaper, he's MINE!"

I'm reminded of the legend of the Wandering Jew, who supposedly insulted Jesus just before the crucifixion, and as punishment was made to await his return.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Fresnor on September 23, 2007, 09:16:21 PM
In other news; the Universes latest shot at Amber is more sickness and weight-gain around the midruff area...  *hides in a very deep hole*

Fresnor, those are lovely bangles you're wearing... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Amber Williams

Quote from: Fresnor on September 23, 2007, 09:16:21 PM

Bah.  That's unlikely.  Soon as I can afford it, I'm totally stapling those ovaries up or something.  I have no intention of having kids ever.