9/15/07 AS #98 Plan B always come out messy

Started by Zedd, September 15, 2007, 04:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

My I swear..Its alittle sad but alot mental scarring right now..

Rithm Alfortele

I hate to admit this, but...

that last panel made me laugh.

Dard

How he can recover from this?
He's thinking about the law?
Is he serious?
Which law?
I can't imagine that his whole impersonating scheme already violated a bookfull of laws. How is he going to try to talk his way out of that?

Very strange.
Or does that mean Cubi laws?
Could Fa'Lina make a dramatic and wrathful entrance soon?
Let's hope so!

schizo

Quote from: Zachski on September 15, 2007, 04:28:57 AM
I hate to admit this, but...

that last panel made me laugh.

Made me laugh to,then i realized he is still holding a severed arm.

Turnsky

you know, this could turn out to be bad for Abel, well, even worse, that is..
if his mother gets killed, and folks discover what abel is... well, he'll be in trouble before you can say "Guillotine"  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Zedd

But I tell you..ANiz shouting at her slayed body like that as in note for..Fair warning

TheDXM

I think the word Aniz is looking for is 'Doh.'

Kajet

I kinda liked hennya so whatever happens to aniz is ok with me, granted all the crap he pulled before killing her was pretty... bastardidious of him at least everyone could have lived on...

Tapewolf

"You could have lived.  Your men could have lived."
--Skilgannon the Damned, before singlehandedly killing a bunch of soldiers who tried to take him in

Quote from: Turnsky on September 15, 2007, 05:39:21 AM
if his mother gets killed, and folks discover what abel is... well, he'll be in trouble before you can say "Guillotine"  >:3

Abel won't, since Aniz' plan always seems to have been to take Abel to SAIA for the next few centuries.  Aniz would be if he sticks around.

I have no idea about the laws (it's not the first time that's popped up either... remember Destania and Edward?) and while there would be laws enforced by SAIA or Clans (remembering Abel's clan barely exists) 'Cubi are far too scattered and secretive to be globally policed.

IMHO he must be talking about some Zinvth city law.

Quote from: Dard on September 15, 2007, 04:50:20 AM
Could Fa'Lina make a dramatic and wrathful entrance soon?
Let's hope so!

I dunno how her omniscience power works.  Unless Aniz' adventures consist mainly of reporting back to her, he might have been out of touch with her too long for her to be able to predict.  Either way, she only seem able to predict things in the Academy itself.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tycoon

I'm still waiting for Aniz to pull off a ventriloquism show with Hennya's head.

Aniz: Howdy do, Ms. Hennya?

Hennya: Just dandy, thanks. I just feel a bit dis-armed. [Insert epic laughs here]

Now THAT would be some serious mental scarring.

Raskahn

The real question is;

May's screaming in the background or, at least that's what Aniz says.
What's Abel doing? Still paralyzed by his scratch? Or.........

Goatmon

I'm honestly surprised he's even wasting his time yelling at her corpse.  I guess he's lost all his composure now that everything is falling apart. 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on September 15, 2007, 06:28:35 AM
What's Abel doing? Still paralyzed by his scratch? Or.........
My money is on a dead faint.

Thinking about the laws again, Aniz seems to be thinking along the lines of self-defence as an excuse for killing Hennya so I'd say it's city law.

Quote from: Turnsky on September 15, 2007, 05:39:21 AM
Forgetting for now my earlier point that Abel is likely to be whisked off to the safety of SAIA, I somewhat doubt that Abel would be penalised for being a 'Cubi in a city full of other Creatures.
Aniz would (and probably will) have to flee unless he can prove self-defence, but Abel himself should be fine.  Yes, Aniz apparently murdered Cid (although that could have been self-defence too, we don't know) but it took place outside the city and it didn't involve any citizens of Zinvth.
To them, it's just bog standard Creature stuff like Kria's training.

Quote from: Goatmon on September 15, 2007, 06:34:12 AM
I'm honestly surprised he's even wasting his time yelling at her corpse.
It's grief.  People will do that.  And not just in stories.

sanasawa

Quote from: Dard on September 15, 2007, 04:50:20 AM
He's thinking about the law? Is he serious? Which law? I can't imagine that his whole impersonating scheme already violated a bookfull of laws. How is he going to try to talk his way out of that? [.....] Very strange. Or does that mean Cubi laws?

Killing, impersonating or tricking a Being is hardly a very severe offence anywhere in the world, probably just a misdemeanour. Now, taking the life of Henya (a Creature) on the other hand...who mentioned the guilliotine?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 15, 2007, 06:09:27 AM
--Skilgannon the Damned, before singlehandedly killing a bunch of soldiers who tried to take him in

Ah, David Gemmell. I must get around to finding a copy of those two books and reading them...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

QuoteNow, taking the life of Henya (a Creature) on the other hand...who mentioned the guilliotine?
Turnsky.  Although if they have such a thing it would be called something else, and there are probably simpler ways of achieving the same result.  Death spells for instance.  And Aniz did a pretty good job just by himself.
While Hennya is almost a Being herself as far as we can tell, Zinvth is going to have pretty strict laws on killings within the city.  They must have, or Beings and lesser Creatures would never settle there.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 15, 2007, 07:16:37 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 15, 2007, 06:09:27 AM
Ah, David Gemmell. I must get around to finding a copy of those two books and reading them...
Read White Wolf.  DO NOT read The Swords of Night and Day because they are like Highlander and Highlander 2 respectively.
(Actually don't read White Wolf either, because you'll recognise all kinds of similarities with CJP  >:3 )

Naldru

I'm sondering if he could be referring to laws of magic.

I'm also wondering if the backup plan could be a teleportation spell.  After all, that would be a useful spell for an adventurer or evil cubi to have on hand in case things go wrong.

On the positive side, his eyes aren't red, so he's a little less likely to slaughter everybody in the room without thinking.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Goatmon

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 15, 2007, 06:46:52 AM
Quote from: Goatmon on September 15, 2007, 06:34:12 AM
I'm honestly surprised he's even wasting his time yelling at her corpse.
It's grief.  People will do that.  And not just in stories.

Do you really think so?  It's hard to imagine that he feels that bad about her.  I guess living in disguise for 20+ years makes it kind of hard not to get attached to some people.  *shrug*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Goatmon on September 15, 2007, 07:54:42 AM
Do you really think so?  It's hard to imagine that he feels that bad about her.  I guess living in disguise for 20+ years makes it kind of hard not to get attached to some people.  *shrug*

I don't know if attached is really the word.  I don't think Aniz thinks too much of her, but there's a bit of a difference between not liking someone and not caring if they die horribly (or in this case, if you kill them horribly yourself in a fit of blind rage).

computer nerd

Quote from: Naldru on September 15, 2007, 07:40:33 AM
I'm sondering if he could be referring to laws of magic.

Am wondering the same thing

Caswin

It bears repeating:
Oh dear.  I don't see this ending well.

I'm going to say... things start going off without any hitches not already inherent in Plan B... now.

Oh, and Aniz is someone we know.  Maybe.  Probably not.  I think...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

rt

Remeber kids .. before you reveal your secret identity and possibily get trapped in a murderous rampage .. always consult your laywer first

Ahh DMFA life lessons  :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 15, 2007, 07:26:02 AM
Read White Wolf.  DO NOT read The Swords of Night and Day because they are like Highlander and Highlander 2 respectively.
(Actually don't read White Wolf either, because you'll recognise all kinds of similarities with CJP  >:3 )

I'm kind of glad I didn't purchase TSoNaD the other week on my way to Egypt, then. Although I -did- end up reading most of "Midnight Falcon" anyway. After reading "Stardust" and "Smoke And Mirrors" by Neil Gaiman, "Only Human", "You Don't Have To Be Evil To Work Here, But It Helps", and "The Portable Door" by Tom Holt, and "Such A Pretty Girl" by Laura Weiss (that last one was when I was locked out of my room for an afternoon)...

Although I should point out I enjoyed both Highlander and Highlander 2 - and 3, for that matter, although I'll admit 2 and 3 were utter shite. So I may well like both of those....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 15, 2007, 09:28:26 AM
Although I should point out I enjoyed both Highlander and Highlander 2 - and 3, for that matter, although I'll admit 2 and 3 were utter shite. So I may well like both of those....

Not to prolong this OT thread much further, I'll just point out that the problem I had with Night and Day is that he tries to change the setting retroactively.  I mean, after having spent 17 years writing a well-received and well-thought-out swords-and-sorcery fantasy series set in an unknown world, he suddenly woke up one day and decided he wanted to be an SF writer instead.  IMHO he did a totally craptacular job of it, attempting to retroactively change the setting to far-future Earth and coming up with an 'explanation' for magic that breaks continuity with the rest of the series.  All in all, I was deeply disappointed.

superluser

It's interesting to see Aniz looking for someone to blame for his own actions.  He didn't think about what he was doing, and now he has to pay the consequences.  Aniz could have waited a little while longer until Hennya left.  Or he could have sent Hennya home.  But he wasn't thinking.  And that's Hennya's fault.  I still don't get how someone so impulsive could have pulled off that impersonation for 25 years.

It looks like May's going to get cut down in short order.  Given Amber's writing style, I predict that Aniz will get cut down mid-swing as he tries to kill May.  By Kria.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Janus Whitefurr

Obligatory out there theory with absolutely no grounding in reality or what I actually think will happen!

- Aniz uses morphing skills to clean himself up and look presentable.
- He then proceeds to paint May red with Hennya's blood.
- Screaming-wild mother is taken by the law while the father gets to abscond with his catatonic son.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

TheDXM

I bet Devin feels bad about throwing those rocks.

Turnsky

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 15, 2007, 10:43:59 AM
Obligatory out there theory with absolutely no grounding in reality or what I actually think will happen!

- Aniz uses morphing skills to clean himself up and look presentable.
- Screaming-wild mother is taken by the law while the father gets to abscond with his catatonic son.

a perfectly plausible scenario.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Psaakyrn

I'm quire sure he's not thinking of Plan B...

Though I guess muffins are kinda messy. :3
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

superluser

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 15, 2007, 10:43:59 AM- Aniz uses morphing skills to clean himself up and look presentable.

I highly doubt that Zinvth has the Keystone Kops for a police department.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?