2007-08-31 [813] When drinking, never mix, never worry.

Started by superluser, August 31, 2007, 05:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

So does this mean that Dan has the ability to project others' thoughts?  Or are those his own?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

It's possible Fi might be able to read his thoughts too.  Dan was expecting Abel to foresee the melon thing, after all, so his mind is not being shielded.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

wow, i bet Sigmund Freud would absolutely /love/ Dan.  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 31, 2007, 05:08:31 AMIt's possible Fi might be able to read his thoughts too.  Dan was expecting Abel to foresee the melon thing, after all, so his mind is not being shielded.

Except that the vision was behind him.  He had to turn around to see it.

Amber Williams

(Sometimes a joke with a blatent fourth wall break, is just a joke with a blatent fourth wall break)

Psaakyrn

a) Quite sure it's his own, sort of.
b) Fi can read thoughts? or...
c) Dan can project thoughts for others to read? or...
d) His subconsious is strong enough to project thoughts? (and the only subconsious thing we know of Dan thus far are his wingies...)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Psaakyrn on August 31, 2007, 05:10:23 AM
a) Quite sure it's his own, sort of.
b) Fi can read thoughts? or...
c) Dan can project thoughts for others to read? or...
d) His subconsious is strong enough to project thoughts? (and the only subconsious thing we know of Dan thus far are his wingies...)

Also, that scene so calls for a wallpaper... (it's already wallpapered in Dan's mind anyway)

Rafe

Dan seems a little I'll right now
Rafe

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on August 31, 2007, 05:10:09 AM(Sometimes a joke with a blatent fourth wall break, is just a joke with a blatent fourth wall break)

Aww.  You gotta admit, though, if it were possible, it would be awesome to use `cubi for movie projectors.  ``OK, Dan.  We're going to buy one ticket to Ben Hur.  Then come back here and tell us what you saw.''

(This gives me an idea...)

MT Hazard

I've often wondered how people (especially males) manage to cope if they are attracted to a parent or sibling. There is a condition where if a brother and sister are separated at an early age and then meet up later they can be sexually attracted to each other.Star wars is a good example of this.(Luke and Leia)

Imagine if your mother stayed looking 25 all of your life.

Personally I think humanity is serious messed up, our backs to the forest, or eyes turned towards the stars. (I'll have to remember that one)
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

superluser

I was going to go to sleep, but I realized that I totally forgot to comment on the awesome drawing in panels 2 and 3.  The shading, the coloring, the shapes are all quite excellent.  Right down to the little pink blushes in Abel's cheeks, which stand out quite nicely in contrast to the metallic cobalt background.

Zedd

Wheres the drano..Im gonna need to clear my eye sockets. She was cute and hot but not that..Im gonna shut up now. BTW Amber...Blushing Abel=Super cuteness

e_voyager

true as that may be i think Dan needs to reconsider his drinking options. bleach won't keep him occupied long enough to forget what he's dreamed up.. poor boy he almost makes us seem normal
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

King Of Hearts

Well... she aint MY mom so rawwrrrrrrrrr!

Now imagine if that happened in a dream and he ended up unable to turn it off.

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on August 31, 2007, 05:10:09 AM
(Sometimes a joke with a blatent fourth wall break, is just a joke with a blatent fourth wall break)

oooooh, a fourth wall jigsaw puzzle.

you know, other than the clevage(this time! :giggle), you can definitely see the family resemblance.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Saist

(Sometimes a joke with a blatant fourth wall break, is just a joke with a blatant fourth wall break)

Wouldn't that be the Second wall though? being the wall BEHIND Dan?

New Tag Line(s) then.

DMFA: Breaking more walls than Checkerboard Nightmare ever did.

DMFA: 4th wall? Meet the second wall. Happy Breakmas

DFMA: Ever wonder what goes on behind that Second wall?

(edit: oops, misspelled Nightmare)

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Illusionist on August 31, 2007, 06:12:53 AM
Dude...Dan's mum is hot!
Don't worry, Biggs agrees with you.

Or maybe, you should worry more. :x

Sid

This sort of 4th-wall-breaking would've led to interesting results during this comic

Nice one, though. Some silly and pure humor was a nice change from Abel's "Your mother is pure evil!" fallout. :)
:boogie

Fex

Madmann135

I'm taking it that Dan knows his mother more than Able does, including the not so good parts of her.  Dan barely flinched when Able described D as one of the most evil things he's seen.
Though I will say this, Dan does have a way of making his mom look hot (I wanna date her though she's married, Oh well... pointless flirting then).

What surprises me is that Fi was able to see Dan's mind projection long before he was consciously aware of it.  That shows that Dan has more control over his conscious mind than his subconscious mind.

I think a scientific approach is in order....
We need a full wallpaper of Destania, as she was dressed in panel two and three to truly judge the family resemblance between her and Dan.

(science my six...  D is hot and looks awesome in those panels)

Just realized, but it's probably been stated before.
Destania and Alexsi are probably two of the most scary people Able's met and they are both related to Dan by blood.  That should make Dan one of the top 20 scariest by proxy though we all know that Dan is in fact the #1 most annoying individual that Able's met.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

techmaster-glitch

I could tell this one was a fourth wall thing when I saw it. But Saist, these are actually pretty good...

Quote from: je.saist on August 31, 2007, 07:38:59 AM
(Sometimes a joke with a blatant fourth wall break, is just a joke with a blatant fourth wall break)

Wouldn't that be the Second wall though? being the wall BEHIND Dan?

New Tag Line(s) then.

DMFA: Breaking more walls than Checkerboard Dightmare ever did.

DMFA: 4th wall? Meet the second wall. Happy Breakmas

DFMA: Ever wonder what goes on behind that Second wall?

Good ones, heh, I like those, they could be actual taglines!

(And I'm joining the group, for a seven-thousand-year-old woman, Dee is SEXY!)

MaskedRetriever

xHaZxMaTx

Stygian

Quote from: Fex on August 31, 2007, 07:56:08 AM
Abel looks so cute when he blushes =3

Ain't that the truth... Though, if you ask me, I'd much rather go with Destania. Sexy and evil. Hit the town and set her loose in a club and you'll be the only one walking out satisfied when the evening is over...

Reese Tora

Ceci n'est pas une pipe.*

(*"This is not a pipe." but you already knew that :P )
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Falcarthum

Quote from: Madmann135 on August 31, 2007, 07:58:32 AM
We need a full wallpaper of Destania, as she was dressed in panel two and three to truly judge the family resemblance between her and Dan...

Totally agreed  :nod

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Reese Tora on August 31, 2007, 11:40:26 AM

Ceci n'est pas une pipe.*

(*"This is not a pipe." but you already knew that :P )
That's pretty weird you mention that, Reese; we discussed that last night in my Art Appreciation class.

GabrielsThoughts

maybe that was the way Dan saw his mom dressed the last time he saw her...which brings up other questions.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.